FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THOMAS COOK ASSESSMENT DAY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 64656667>
Author
Ruby86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruby86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 17:12
welldone! are you on hold or anything? i had mine on 4th march and still waiting! bit worried now! what position did you go for?
congrats!
ashleynoble1992 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleynoble1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 17:17
Originally posted by Ruby86 Ruby86 wrote:

welldone! are you on hold or anything? i had mine on 4th march and still waiting! bit worried now! what position did you go for?
congrats!

not on hold or anything, just rang me and said that i was succesful and have got the job, i originally applied for soccer coach but the day before my assessment Toni rang to say i should go for kidsworld 5-7 year old, i got the job for that! 

add me on Facebook
NDAV10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDAV10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 17:57
Originally posted by ashleynoble1992 ashleynoble1992 wrote:

i went to Birmingham 10th march 2:30pm, i recieved my phone call moday 12th at 17:05 from Lesley saying i have got the job, which is amazing news! just got to wait for contract to come through now! 

NDav10 is a legend

Hahaha you goon!

This contract wants to come through my door pretty soon. My boss is a prize plumb & I really can''t wait to tell him where to stick his poxy job!
kerridobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerridobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 18:20
i'm on hold toooooo "/
DaniiXx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaniiXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 19:47
hey, i was at the assessment day on the 11th of march and have recieved a email today saying 'congratulations on passing your assessment day, we will be in contact when their are spaces for you and we will confirm your employment with us then'  Can someone tell me what this means pleaseee ??? I'm confused. x
DaniiXx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaniiXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 19:54
Whatr did they say to you hun ?? because i had an email saying id been successfull in my assessment day and they said congratulations but their wasnt  a space yet ??? Im just soo confusedd x
seanp2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanp2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 19:54
What job did you go for???
seanp2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanp2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 19:55
I also got the email last week.

Basically means that they are placing the existing reps first then they will start placing new starts once they know where they are needed!!

DaniiXx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaniiXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 19:56
Originally posted by ashleynoble1992 ashleynoble1992 wrote:

i went to Birmingham 10th march 2:30pm, i recieved my phone call moday 12th at 17:05 from Lesley saying i have got the job, which is amazing news! just got to wait for contract to come through now! 

NDav10 is a legend

What did they say to you hun ?? because i had an email saying id been successfull in my assessment day and they said congratulations but their wasnt  a space yet ??? Im just soo confusedd
DaniiXx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaniiXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 19:57
Oversea rep x ah okays makes a bit more sense now ... how did you find that out then hun xxx 
seanp2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanp2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 20:04
Cos I spoke to them the other day and they said that everyone will be placed on hold while they figure out the requirements for the summer season with existing reps etc and that they will be in touch within the next 4ish weeks to confirm contract details.

It's annoying tho as everyone's dying to see it on paper when it's signed sealed and delivered - then we will know it's defo going to happen!!

Apparently they do it every year this way and usually everyone gets a job but at this stage it's not guaranteed!!

Squiggle89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squiggle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 22:17
Wen ur waiting for the phone call do they contact references or do they do tht after uve been told if ur sucessfull or not?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleynoble1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 22:36
What did they say to you hun ?? because i had an email saying id been successfull in my assessment day and they said congratulations but their wasnt  a space yet ??? Im just soo confusedd
[/QUOTE]

i think if you get the phone youve definately got the job ,if you get an email its not certain!
seanp2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanp2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 22:43
Well every person from my assessment that was successful is on hold.

I got an email and a phone call and was told that everyone's on hold.

I do know that most kids reps that get an offer are definite as they don't have many applicants that's why they offered us to change to kids rep if we wanted to.

There is people from assessments in Jan and feb that are on hold and the only people that are being sent out now is mostly people that were interviewed at the very start of the recruitment campaign.

Some people got a call, some got emails but both were told they are on hold, the only way we will find out is when they get in touch with us!! It's a horrible waiting game!!

I know they have already started checking references and one of mine has been contacted so far!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleynoble1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 22:51
Originally posted by seanp2012 seanp2012 wrote:

Well every person from my assessment that was successful is on hold.

I got an email and a phone call and was told that everyone's on hold.

I do know that most kids reps that get an offer are definite as they don't have many applicants that's why they offered us to change to kids rep if we wanted to.

There is people from assessments in Jan and feb that are on hold and the only people that are being sent out now is mostly people that were interviewed at the very start of the recruitment campaign.

Some people got a call, some got emails but both were told they are on hold, the only way we will find out is when they get in touch with us!! It's a horrible waiting game!!

I know they have already started checking references and one of mine has been contacted so far!!

what job did you go for Sean? 

seanp2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanp2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 22:57
I went for transfer rep Ashley.

I notice you said u went for kids world, you will definitely have it and probably won't be on hold.

They sent a lot of us an email asking if we were interested in changing to kids world as we had been successful but you needed qualifications so I personally couldn't change!

Well done on getting it!!

Hope I get the go ahead soon as I just want to get out there and get started!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleynoble1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 22:59
Originally posted by seanp2012 seanp2012 wrote:

I went for transfer rep Ashley.

I notice you said u went for kids world, you will definitely have it and probably won't be on hold.

They sent a lot of us an email asking if we were interested in changing to kids world as we had been successful but you needed qualifications so I personally couldn't change!

Well done on getting it!!

Hope I get the go ahead soon as I just want to get out there and get started!!!

well i think its qualifications and just common sense really! 

hope you hear from them soon and get out asap!
what country would you like to go to?
seanp2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanp2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 23:08
Yeah defo, when they asked us to change to kids world, they said they will only take folk with childcare qualifications.

I'd like to go to Tenerife or Majorca but would be happy to get put anywhere!!!

You?
EUROBOY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EUROBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 23:09
i got the email this afternoon saying congrats - awaiting contract. i applied for Transfer Rep

Edited by EUROBOY - 14 March 2012 at 23:09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleynoble1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2012 at 23:11
depends what kidsworld you went for, high season kids rep , you need need a childcare qualification, but for 5-7 and 8-11 you need an nvq level or 3 in activity sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 64656667>
  Share Topic