FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenerife summer 08

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Laureeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laureeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenerife summer 08
    Posted: 09 January 2008 at 12:33
hey! Smile Going out to the reef in mid may,  been there a few times already but hoping to find work and stay all summer.  Anyone have any advice or tips?  Is it easy to find work/acom?  
sara j View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sara j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 14:25
hey babe im not gon to tenerife n the sumr but im oput er now wrkn,gon hm at the end of the mnth tho...
its easy to find acc n wrk but b4 u cum out get ur NIE number u need it if u want to get a gud enough job babe...

xx
xxLaLaxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxLaLaxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 20:14

hey hey am goin out 2 tenerife at the begginin of may!!

need advice oan how 2 go about gettin accomodation n a job!!!

plz help as am goin alone!!

xcxcxc
Laureeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laureeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 15:09
Im goingalone to as all my friends are too scared to go haha.  You ever been to the reef before? or will this be your first time
PrincessNicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessNicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 09:21
The best bit of accommodation advice I can give you is DO NOT STAY AT SAN RAF. It's a dive and people get robbed quite a lot of the time.

As for jobs and good accommodation just ask around the workers, when I first got there people very really helpful to me and when I was working and people asked me advice I was more than happy to try and help them out.

Just book yourself a 2 week holiday that way you have 2 weeks to find work and see if its for you (cause working abroad is not for everyone, it IS differnt than being on holiday and especially in reef you DO have to work for your money)

Ask in bars for work, if you don't get anywhere in the first week don't give up keep trying.

Go up to The Living Room, it's sorta a wee workers place run by 3 very nice christians from the UK. The Living Room is where you can go for a chat if you av any problems, you can go up and play pool or a board game YES THEY HAVE MONOPOLY!!! Also in The Living Room there is a pin board with jobs and accommodation and Jodie, Wendy and Lee will be more than happy to help you out, they have lived in Tenerife for many years so they know all about the place.

Good luck
aoifek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aoifek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 20:11
Hey! Im going to lanzarote working for the summer!! Just wondering are you going with friends or alone to tenerife? Email me !
Laureeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laureeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2008 at 17:18
.x

Edited by Laureeen - 02 March 2008 at 21:06
aoifek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aoifek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2008 at 18:41
Thats cool! Have you got a job sorted or you waiting till you go out.. Trying to get a couple of friends to come with me..Smile
lauralou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauralou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 14:50
Hi my names laura and im going to tenerife to work this summer too!! never been before so hoping to find work and accomodation too!! maybe we could help eachother out lol!!!

x
Pure Genius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Genius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 18:05
Job seekers should check out the OASIS FM website they have a really good jobs section. Accomodation is about 500€- 600€ a month for a one bed apt. You will need a hefty deposit so dont go empty pocketed if you want your own place. Obviously its Cheaper if you room share etc with a few others, ask around other workers when you get there, someone might have a room to rent. Head for Veronicas or the Patch for high octain bar/p.r jobs or Los Cristianos for a more low key family vibe. I worked there last year doing office work for 12mths its one of my favourite places.
Happy hunting x
Laureeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laureeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 20:41
Im just waiting till i get out there, a couple of my friends went last year and said it was dead easy to find a job...so just see how it goes lol 
xLisax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLisax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 13:14
Heyy im goin on holiday there in july in 2 weeks, i finish colege in May with my btec in travel an tourism, an i want a break! Im lookin 2 stay out there when i go on holiday.... but dont think i could afford it alone :(
lauralou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauralou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 14:17

Hiya been speaking to loads of people n theres loads of people going out there alone just basically been saying we should all meet up out there well all be in the same boat so can help each other out!!! better than wandering round on your own no doubt!! lol

x

SusieQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusieQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 14:29
Hey.. wow this is great.. sorry im new to this.. well im going to tenerife with air pro they are wicked i wud definantly chek them out im hopefulli flyin out mid may.. jus after me bday n staying till about october.. im so excited havent dun it b4 though.. n e one wnna chat to me.. maybe cud meet up be roomies.. im a cool girlie!! :):) lol.. ha ha ... im from birmingham but add me on my msn .. lazylass03@hotmail.com or add me myspace.. susanteale89!! much love n hugs... bring on summer 2008.. hitting tenerife!!! 1x x  x x x x xStar
SuzanneB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzanneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2008 at 22:07
Hi Susie... I really want to go to either Tenerife or Magaluf in may (heard Tenerife is better for first timers) i have looked at the air pro site and was thinking about going with them...so would you reccomend them? all my mates are loved up at the mo so im going on my own and am abit scared...but so excited!! I aint on myspace....are you on facebook?? I'm from london by the way... xxx   Smile  
SusieQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusieQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 01:19
hey.. ye would reccomend them purely bcos they put u up for 4 weeks for 470 pound!!! if u dnt like it after 4 weeks ur flight is waiting for u too come home.. ye thats y i chose it to go with them.. im bookin it on friday im so excited now!! ye first timers.. i was really set on going zante.. but wud prefer to take a easier step in a less lively place jus to get the gist of how things go on.. ye its kool add me on msn bbes!! x x x  x n ye gt facebuk.. it aitn very gud lol! x
playawaytenerife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote playawaytenerife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 11:59
--- Post removed advertising business ---

Edited by JohnnyW - 30 January 2008 at 11:31
rltree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rltree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 12:18
Yea im going with playaway they´ve been really helpful..i can´t wait!!!

But first i´m off to wembley with spurs!!
PrincessNicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessNicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 19:31
GUYS PLEASE LISTEN!!

YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY ANY COMPANY SUCH AS AIR-PRO OR PLAYAWAY TENERIFE TO DO WHAT YOU CAN DO SO EASILY BY YOURSELF.

I have worked abroad in Tenerife and Magaluff and both times I went all by myself.
The Air Pro hotels that you stay in for a month in both Tenerife and Magaluf are dire, I know them both very well and unless they have changed them for this year I would not advise anyone to book in to them. It's a waste of money.

You do not need accommodation for a month, 2 weeks is enough it gives you time to find your own appartment. Think about it this way if you stay somewhere for a month, by the time the month up it's gonna be harder to get an apartment as the more in to the summer you get the more people who are coming out to work and the less apartments there are avaliable.

I am not going to Tenerife this year, I am going back to Magalluf but if you have any questions just pm me. I'd rather you did it your own way and save money than pay a company who do something that you can easily do yourself.

Edited by PrincessNicky - 29 January 2008 at 19:48
playawaytenerife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote playawaytenerife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 20:36
--- Post removed advertising business ---

Edited by JohnnyW - 30 January 2008 at 11:31
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic