FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thomas cook training!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
rayson90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayson90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2008 at 08:57
Hey Guys I'm New to all of this... I have just got a dat for my assessment day for a thomas cook overseas escapades rep... im realy excited but very nervous too !!:D I was wondering if anyonecould help me and gie me a bit of a heads up about what to expect at the assessment day!! Thanks all, LeLe xxx
rayson90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayson90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2008 at 09:00
Heeyy Im from notts to..:D im really excited i have got to get through my assessment day yet tho :D xx
m4rc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m4rc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 15:12
I applyed for thomas cook today, how long do they take to tell ya if you have got through to an assesment day??
Lisa345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 20:50
I got a text message off them about a week after I'd applied.  Thomas cook are quite strange as they don't do anything online.  They text you to say that you've got to ring them to book you interview and then they send you everything by post.  Don't know why they don't do it on line!
hazelxiii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazelxiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 11:42

Hi, when I had my assesment day come through they phoned me the day before and invited me then the day after my assesment they phoned and offered me the job so I'd say just carry on like normal until you hear something or phone them and show them you and really keen, it could work in your favour. Good luck.

Talie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 17:41

That was quick I had my assessment day yesterday was told to wait 7-10 days for a phone call, I hate waiting but guess I cant do anything but keep busy till I get the call, How long do you think it will take to get the call?

EveF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EveF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2010 at 13:14
Hi Guys..
I've an assessment day to attend on 13th Nov.. thought you lot would be the best to ask for pointers and advice for the presentation bit as you's all have the jobs!

I've applied for Escapades, soo nervous.. Flying over to England on 12th and Assesment is on 13th..

Has anyone any advice they can give me?? :)
jay2311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay2311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 13:42
Hi Guys 

Anyone attend Manchester on Saturday for the assement day, if so has anyone heard back as yet?
beti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 17:55
Hi,
I will be attending Thomas Cook assesment in Birmingham next week. I will be appreciate for any advises for group and individual quizes and tasks you had on your assesment.  
jay2311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay2311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 01:15
Hi Beata 

Cant really advise what the day will consist of as it is different for everyone 

the only advice i can give you is just be relaxed, friendly and if they have asked you to prepare a 2 min presentation dont over prepare yourself!

obviously choose a subject and find out abit of information on it, but i wouldn't try reading from script just free with your speech and not sound like a robot.

If your not used to speaking in front on large groups  of people try not to break under pressure just stay calm and relaxed and you should sail through the induction day. 

if your group is anything like mine then you feel really welcomed and already part of a team within a few minutes so that helps you to relax

just stay calm, relaxed and be friendly and you will be fine

let me know how u get on or if you need any more information

EveF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EveF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 09:37
jay2311.. wot kinda rep are you?
jay2311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay2311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 00:51
Im not haha, ive applied to be an overseas rep i had the assesement last week and they said it should be some time next week to get back to us so fingers crossed
stevie_boro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie_boro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 09:07
Hey Jay, i attended an assessment on the 5th aswell in Manchester on the afternoon mind. I hav'nt heard anything either am sure it will be early next week mind the waiting us unbearable !
jay2311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay2311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 01:08
i know its killing me, ive been working millions of shift at the pub and long hours just to keep my mind off it. but everytime i have a break i still check my phone for missed calls or emails 
amzc89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amzc89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 14:38
hi i had my assement day last sat but havent heard any thing back yet? do you find out either way if you got the job or not and how long does it take to find out if you have? many thanks amy x
beti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 18:36
Thank you Jamie for warm words:) I hope I will be ok during presentation, i did them a lot during my studies and also had tour pilot course which kind of give me chance speak with big audience. But you never know....of course. Kind of worry for other quizes/tests......also not sure if the references from my managers will be enough for thomas cook....They send me a list but i dont know any policeman or other people who knows me for 5 years....Would you have any ideas about that?

Beata
jay2311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay2311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 18:53
Hi Beata 

Ive put down just manager from past employers so fingers crossed they should all be fine for me. I Think the list they provide is more for students who have just left education and may not have employer references. You should be fine and good luck

Amy, I dont think any of us have heard back yet, i believe they do let us know either way which should be wednesday at the latest 

Good luck to all 

beti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 19:08

Thanks Jamie, yeah hope managers should be ok, I will bring references with me anyway...So hows ur presentation went? Did many people prepare some folders,brochures etc? Or ust mostly talk about place? When I talk with girl from recruitment on friday she told me the way how I will talk its the most important. I just wish to close my eyes and let my memories bring back and share with everybody...

Beata
jay2311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay2311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 19:28
Hi Beata 

Some people did take along props which helped them, myself i just talked! i prepared a speech but i got up in front of my group and just started to talk and left the speech in the folder and i didnt want to sound like a robot reading from a peice of paper

Just do what will make you feel more comfortable

I would say keep your eyes open haha dont close them although its easier, just talk to the group and just remember they are all in same boat as you are 

when is your assessment? 
beti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 19:57
I think I will do speach as well...as all my books,maps and brochures left at home in Poland. My assesment is on the 19 march in Birmingham. 
Beata 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic