FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canvas 26th May?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cellardoor21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cellardoor21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canvas 26th May?
    Posted: 12 May 2008 at 14:10
Is anyone else leaving dover on the 26th May for Canvas?

Do you know if we're going to training or straight to the site?
Rachel27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 15:08
I'm going out on the 26th may but I was told I would be flying straight out as the last courier training was on the 12th. Are you going for hoopi training?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cellardoor21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 14:49
I got a letter saying I was to meet at dover train station at 8.30 a few days ago.  So today I phoned up to confirm (since I'd need to book a hostel the night before) but now they're telling me that I may be flying cos I live in Glasgow.  So not sure what's happening, tho i was looking forward to a nice long train journey.

What site ya going to?  I'm in chambord, loire valley.  no hoopi training since i'm just a courier.
Rachel27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 15:48

I haven't received anything yet, they said they were sending it all out yesterday so hopefully get it tomorrow. I'm going to the Les Biches in the Vendee, really can't wait have my last exam tomorrow and then my summer starts!

I've heard chambord is lovely, you'll have a wicked season! x
Jade* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:34
Heyya im going on the 26th but i dont have a clue how i am getting there yet. Where do all you guys live?? becos Dover is ridiculossly far for me :-(
Where you all based?
Im based on Bois Masson in Vendee!!
x x
katie89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katie89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 20:24
Hey! I'm going out for Canvas on the 26th too. This is my first season, going to Berney Riviere. Sorta nervous excited lol. I'm flying from London Luton to Paris, just wondered if anyone else was on this flight or is going to this site/area?
xx
Jade* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 23:45
Sorry im flying from London Stansted, Hope you have a good time!!
x x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cellardoor21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 13:35
hey there,

i'm flying from stansted aswell, the woman on the phone told me there was someone else for canvas on the flight! are you staying over the night before?  got everything sorted?
Rachel27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 15:15
Think me and jade are on the 3pm flight to stansted to nantes on the 26th if thats the same one? Going to be getting the train from manchester very early the same day, haven't got any of my stuff sorted yet, im that last minute queen! x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cellardoor21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 16:28
Ah right, mines is an 11 oclock flight to somewhere in the loire so must be someone else. Since I'll have to stay overnight anyway i'm just gona go down as early as possible and gallavant around london.  Do you know which airline they booked?  i'm a tad worried about the baggage allowance.Confused
Rachel27 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 16:53

I think we are booked with ryanair so thats a 15kg limit which may be a problem. I'm taking as much handluggage as you're allowed and just taking travel size toiletries as it's easier to buy them there rather than them weighing me down. Might have to sweet talk the check in people a bit. x

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic