FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bar work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jon01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bar work
    Posted: 05 October 2005 at 20:30
had few interviews with the tour operators, but no offers of bar work, do you really need to speak the local language to have achance of getting a job with ta tour operator?

Also, when yould be the best time to go out there and look for a job in the resort?
peaky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 11:35
get enough cash together to support yourself for a week or two on a budget and get out there and speak to the local bars i bet your find an english or irish bar if not these resorts have loadsa jobs kicking about just head out there your find something before long, if you get a job localy your be on better money as well
malibulucy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibulucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 22:45
I did that though last year and becuase i couldnt speak the language i found it very difficult and i ended up comming home after 2 weeks as i couldnt afford to stay out there any longer. Having the language is a definate bonus, it depends on your timing as well though i guess you have to get it just right and make sure you get accomodation sorted before you go.

good luck

Lucy

PS have you thought about applying for a different position with a tour operator and seeing what you can find in resort when you get there?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic