FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bourg st maurice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
outy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bourg st maurice
    Posted: 12 July 2008 at 22:22
Hi, i'm looking at doing a season in les arcs, and wondering what it is like staying in bourg st maurice to do it. Anyone with experience find it tedious getting the funicular everyday to ski, or was it worth it with cheaper living costs etc?
Any help would be much appreciated, Will.
Get me out of here View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get me out of here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 09:50
Hi I'm working in Les arcs 0809 and decided the go over there this summer to check out the same thing. You could camp in Bourg but it would cost about 150 a week. The funicular doesn't start running until about 7.30 I think and then the free buses up to 2000 take a while so it will take over an hour to get up the mountain (30 minutes in a car in the summer). Someone did give me their number though who has an apartment if you want it. If working in 1600 you could probably do it. Good luck
mikej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 21:21
If you are looking for work in Les Arcs try www.alp-line.com currently looking for drivers
outy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2008 at 18:58

cheers for the feedback guys- have ended up sorting a chalet in bourg (so hopefully the furnicular doesn't bother me!)

and i have a couple of mates coming out who might need work so will pass on the details.

thanks!

thetravelbug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetravelbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2008 at 11:38
I am in Moulin, down in the valley between La Plagne and Les Arcs.
Would be great to meet up with others working out there.
I am starting late, last minute decision due to personal reasons.
Will be there end of Jan hopefully.
Rachel
baiter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 15:25

Hey everyone,

My friend is looking for somewhere to stay in Bourg St Maurice during March and April. If anyone knows of a bed somewhere please let me know. She would also be looking for some part time work, so again if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Cheers
Willlliammmm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willlliammmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 22:10
Hi, I know this topic is from in the past, but I was wondering how your season went in bourg. Is there a lot to do in bourg saint maurice. party, social activities with other seasonnaires and so on, or are all the seasonnaires staying in les arcs 1800 for example.
thetravelbug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetravelbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 22:14
Quite a bit going on in Bourg. Lovely place. Quite a few seasonaires. Probably more than in les arcs 1800. And much nicer place. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get me out of here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 09:20
Tp be honest it is pretty dead at night, there are a couple of bars but one of those seems to shut at 9 pm! Everything is going on in the arcs 1600, 1800, 2000 and the furnicular only runs until 9pm and if you miss it you are in trouble, I hitched a couple of times but it was a risk I had to take. I never really found much of a seasonnaires atmosphere like val for instance but I didn't really try, however I am going back this year in my camper and am determined to be more sociable!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get me out of here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 09:21
ps its a lovely town and I have agreat fondness forit in my heart!
jenjen2688 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen2688 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 16:57
Hi, I am currently living in Bourg Saint Maurice, but am now looking for work. Wondering if anyone has any links/ideas of where I can find jobs available in the area? 

Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Get me out of here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2011 at 20:31
The major problem with doing a season in Les Arcs and living in Bourg is that the funicular stops running at 9.30pm so if your shift finishes after this you are snookered! Had to hitch a lift one night from some Algerians, on the plus side I was stoned by the time I reached town just from the smog in the car!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic