FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mayrhofen - season advice, chat jobs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
JackWilliamGooch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackWilliamGooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 12:21
hey,

cheers for the heads up. If anyone has or has found any accommodation in Mayrhofen from January onwards, A friend and I are both looking to share. if not does anyone know of accommodation other than the Gasthof? We are both 20 and snowboard. Thanks,

Jack and Greg.
softy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 17:16
Hello all! 
A bunch of us girls from New Zealand are all headed to Austria for the season this year (10/11). We are all mid 20's snowboarders and keen to have some sweet party times as well as fun times on the hill. Anyone know of any jobs or accom then let us know! 
Do you know if its easy to get under the table work or if a visa is always required? Also, heard mixed reviews re: Mayrhofen vs. St. Anton - thoughts and advice would be massively appreciated! 
Cheers, Sophie.
messa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote messa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 16:55
Let me know if your intrested and maybe we can sort something out. < id="gwProxy" ="">< ="ifofjsCall==''jsCall;elsesetTimeout'jsCall',500;" id="jsProxy" ="">
tomspencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomspencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 00:20
Hi all, I'm gonna be driving to Mayrhofen from the UK (Midlands) around the beginning of November. If anyone wants a lift and to share the costs then give me a shout. I've got a VW Passat 4x4 with roof rack so Ive got space for 3 more plus luggage. Also gonna be looking for shared house/apartment when I arrive. Cheers. Tom- tspencer@gmx.co.uk
coylers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coylers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 20:19
im also a 21 year old skier from ireland. u goin to mayrhofen im looking into it looks like a good spot. u got accom sorted or anythin?
joegibbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 22:08
HI, Im hoping to got to mayrhofen for winter season skier but going to snowboard i'll be looking to share accomadation, find work and have a great time any advice on where to to look what to do ect very welcome also if any one has advice for going alone is it easy to meet people ect i was looking to go andorra but it seems small and clickey had get the empression everyone allready knows each other and just use friends for jobs......... is mayrhofen different thanks
andrew_wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrew_wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 14:58

Hey everyone - I'm also looking to travel to Mayrhofen for the season, leaving late November. Seems like everyone is heading to the Gasthof Zillertal and taking it from there, so will probo do the same thing..... If anyone else is still looking for people to share with get in touch with me

I am a 29 year old snowboarder - have lived in lots of different shared accomodation and travelled plenty too. I am an easy going relaxed flatmate, and a pretty decent cook as well......

catch you at the park!
saltyeyebrows View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltyeyebrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 17:03
Hey all,

I think im heading to Mayrhofen next week..... umm is many people there during that time, much to do?
is it best to buy snowboard gear there or somewhere else, like cheap....?

Im also looking for a place too, Im real easy to live with and always keen for a party.
So for now ill be staying at that hostel. any info on what to do would be GREATLY appreciated!
cheers,

Loz
Maxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 21:00
Hey loz, i recon the earlier the better. More likely to find accomodation and a job if thats what your after. Im definately heading out for the 16th november (If i could go earlier i would) . Booked into the gashoff zillertal for a week to start with in hopes of meeting people and finding a place.  If you do end up finding somewhere to stay and have beds that need filling drop us a mail @ maxi.86@hotmail.co.uk
Cheers
Will
enzed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2010 at 11:25
team...
i'm sick of london - knowing how bad the winter here is going to be - i want to run away to the mountain.
im a 26 year old kiwi girl who is looking for work and accommodation -
easy going likes a bit of fun blah blah blah the usual...i need help mayn - i dont know how easy/hard it is to get work/accommodation does anyone know!?
all you cats seem like you're heading there pretty soon - which makes me want to come now too.
GOTTA GET OUTTA HEEEERE MAYN - this concrete jungle is kiiiiiilling me.
if anyone is looking for a flattie - email me - katesimmonds@gmail.com.
radical.
help me escape guys...
Nigenhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigenhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2010 at 17:36
Hey,
My girlfriend and I are plannin a season in Mayrhofen this winter n all. Just finished uni and been countin down till any free time I have to run away to the mountains! Unfortunately not gonna be able to get enough money together until mid-december so gonna be headin out just after christmas we think. Driving out from near Chester n cruisin over to austria with the odd couple pit stops :) Seems maybe we'll have quite a disadvantage with alot of you headin out very soon by the sounds of it.
If anyone else is thinkin of headin out just after christmas get in touch. We're lookin to hopefully share a place once we're out there. Both proper chilled n just lookin to have a wicked time in the snow.
sittingidol@hotmail.com

Nige n Han x
P.wills View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.wills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 18:25

Alright Maxi and saltyeyebrows!.. and who ever else will be out there Nov.

Im booked into the dorm in Gasthof on the 22nd for a week, Ill prob just cross over with ya Maxi. Im going to be looking for accom and work once I get out there too, So keep in contact If you need a roomie. Im looking to share or whatever to keep it sweet and cheap.
ppppresser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppppresser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 11:02
Hi Guys,

We have a 1 bed available in Mayrhofen. You'd be living with 1 English guy and 3 Swedish girls, all snowboarders, we're all easy going and friendly. The accommodation is from 8th Jan - 23rd April in the Gasthof Zillertal (http://www.gasthof-zillertal.at/).

Apartment has:

Kitchen
Living Room
Bedrooms
Bathroom
Free WiFi
5 min walk to lifts or free bus service outside entrance
Riders Lounge

Total cost for accom for season: € 1.810,70 euros

Get in touch ASAP as accom is becoming very hard to find in Mayrhofen now!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackWilliamGooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 16:29
hey ppppresser, I am very interested in this, I am english, 20, and snowboard. well laid back and up for a laugh.
do you have facebook? Add me up so we can talk further. if not email me Jackgooch@hotmail.com, I would love to join you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackWilliamGooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 16:41
Hey There,

I am looking in staying at the Gasthof from the dates you are going! I haven't been lucky enough to find anything long term,. I have saved the money and would love the opportunity to join you. I'm a laid back snowboarder, aged 20. 

look forward to hearing from you,

Jack.
Fresco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fresco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 14:56
so many people at the Gasthof. see y'all there :-D
Bennyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bennyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2010 at 22:20
Hey! I'm heading up to Mayrhofen aswell! i'm goin on the 13th december! havent got anything sorted yet, think i will book a week in the "Gasthof Zillertal" so i can get my feet on the ground and hopefully find some people to share accomodation with... hit me up if you'r thinking the same and wana make things abit cheeper. and more fun

and also should i get my ski pass whilst in england or out there?
cheers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackWilliamGooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 10:57
hey guys,

looking to stay in the Gasthof from Jan onwards. If anyone has any drop out or room in their apartment, i would love to join you. I am 20, snowboard, easy going and up for a laugh. 

I have the money saved.

Jack.
Maxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2010 at 10:42
Finally off to Mayrhofen tommorrow gonna be sick. Any you guys about wanna go for a beer  just add us to facebook  Will Max maxi.86@hotmail.co.uk. Take it easy guys see ya all there

Will

aksal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aksal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2010 at 13:59
we;re having exactly the same issue.. we arrive early december and gonna try and find something cheaper..
think we have gasthof zillertal booked for a week or something and then.....
so interested in sharing yes
send an email and we can get details.
jackleraba@gmail.com
or
axel.aubade@hotmail.fr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic