FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st time Chalet Host any advice?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PJ88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJ88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st time Chalet Host any advice?
    Posted: 04 September 2008 at 13:37
Hey

I have just been accepted for a job as a Chalet Host in St Anton, could anyone give me any tips or advice or anything useful I may need to know?  Or anyone who has worked in St Anton before any extra info about the resort?

Thanks
Smile
Plooka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plooka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2008 at 17:07
Your about to have the best time of your life that is for sure!

St Anton will be a good place, bit of a reputation for partying! A fairly large French ski resort so there will be loads of skiing to be done as well as great local facilities.

More about being a chalet host...........theres a lot!

You may find this quite entertaining

Edited by Plooka - 05 September 2008 at 17:09
Elly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 17:22
Working as a chalet host is all about getting into a routine. The first 3-4 weeks really are the hardest, don't get frustrated about not being out skiing as much as you would like. get through these first few weeks, have your routine in place and before you know it you will be out the chalet by 10am latest and not need to return until 1800.
Plooka-when did St Anton move to FranceWacko
destiny_one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote destiny_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 21:40
well my 1st bit of advice is st anton is in austria!!but elly is right it will seem hard 4 the 1st few weeks but then once ure in a routine it'll b easy n u'll only b workin a few hours in da mornin n the same in da evenin!!transfer day is always hard tho!!good luck!!
MrSkids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSkids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 18:08
Me and my girlfriend are working in St Anton this year as well.  Its going to be our 2nd season but our 1st in St Anton.  I have been there on holiday before and its insanse, craziest apres ski, amazing clubs, good food and really good off piste if you can manage it!

We are both chalet hosts and its not hard at all.  Just get in first thing, get breakfast and cakes sorted and sh*t, quick clean around and then snowboard all day then hit up the Apres.  Get back at 6, chill out and cook and smash down a few glasses of wine.  Be nice and sociable with the guests and then clear up.  Get down the pub, get wasted, go clubbing, sleep for a few hours, get on it.  I managed that for 5 months last year in the Alps.  Was so good.  The first few weeks will be harder but you will get a routine and you will spot shortcuts here and there.  Who you working for up there?
BenSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2009 at 11:56
Ist time chalet host is very hard. It's good services.If you want to have your own website, it is necessary to host your website on a web server. Company that provides the web servers to host your website is called web hosting providers
SuziB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuziB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 20:16
Hey guys! Im off to St Anton this winter! Im gona be working for scott dunn.. ....anyone else??! any advice for first time in resort?! :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic