FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 26>
Author
geordie_tracey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie_tracey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 13:34
Did it says we needed props? cant remember what a read lol. cant think of ne thin to do a poster about, hmmmz am thinkin its gunna b the longest 2 mins of me life lol
Lisa345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 14:17
It doesn't mention props on the email but a few people on different boards have said that when they had their assessment days earlier in the year that a lot of people took posters, handouts and props.  I'm not sure whether they had to do a presentation on the same subject.

Don't know whether it will help with the presentation to have something to look at rather than just talking???  Can't decide what to do.  It's only got to be 2 minutes long so we might not have time to get it in.

have you decided what group you're gonna do it on yet?
liam2285 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam2285 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 14:25
Hey lisa! well its good to know theres not just me going! ive done this kind of thing before, they arent looking for props etc what they want to see if that you speak confidently and that you can be passionate about something and promote it well through your presentation. basically to show you can sell trips etc at welcome meetings. its all about confidence good wording and sales technique.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie_tracey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 14:58
am thinkin am probably do the family with 2 kids just cause a live in the town centre so theres lots of stuff goin on round here
teflongrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teflongrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 17:08
Think I'm going to do the family as well. Not quite sure. You'd be surprised how quickly 2 minutes goes as well.
Lisa345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 09:16
Liam, where did you work last time?  Any tips on how to pass the assessment day????
liam2285 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam2285 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 19:28
ive never been a rep just done similar things. thats all :)
Lisa345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 07:48

Are you from Manchester or is that the nearest one to you?

justinex_2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justinex_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 15:00
soz tracey just came bk on site lol no i aint dun season wrk before but am not very hopeful nerves will get the better of me lol x
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie_tracey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 19:00
a na thats wat ave been thinkin lol. Geet lukin 4ward 2it like, least if ur goin al kinda no sum1 lo. Hve 2 meet up b4!! u got face book or msn?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justinex_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 11:42
yeah got facebook search 4 me its justine longstaff x
super_star View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 18:35
hey got my assesment day on 5th november in cardiff woooo excited but scared. dnt reli think they gave us much help with the presentation thingy and explaining it but i suppose thats what we have got to work out. Have been thinking bout the poster thing ur all goin on bout and im just thinking maybe draw a map of where u live and what is around the area becus the people judging obv dont know what it is like where we are from??

Ideas lol??
Mackem_Minx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mackem_Minx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 11:59
Hey all,

Just book my assessment for the 14th nov too, Gateshead.

Hwz everyone getting on with their presentations?  the dont give u much to go on do they?
lol

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie_tracey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 12:32
I hvnt got nowt wrote down yet, just tossin a few ideas around lol. Noin me al do it all at last min!! At least theres 3 of us up 2 now goin 2 gateshead 4 assesment!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justinex_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 14:26
yeah thats good at least 3 lol i aint hav a clue what am gonna do yet they defo dont giv u enuf info! x
laura89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 16:05
you no if we get to the interveiw and they ask why we want 2 work for us does tht mean first choice and thomson or just first choice? x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mackem_Minx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2008 at 12:29
Thats a good question...

I would maybe say both as the 'work for us' links on both websites take you to the firstchoice4jobs site.

I'm hoping there's not many "tell me about a time when you...." questions if we get through to the 1on1 interview stage, I hate those lol.

Does anyone know if the hotel at gateshead has a car park? I'm presuming it does but dont wana get there n have to spend ages finding somewhere else to park? x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mackem_Minx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2008 at 12:33
Also,  I was initially looking to apply to be a Freestyle Rep but could only find the one site, do you think they will ask us about it when we get there? x
super_star View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2008 at 12:33
hey am not sure soz mines in cardiff. have u started on ya presentation yet?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie_tracey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2008 at 12:46
I just got a email sayin there startin 2 find ppl for the freestyle reps mackem so a dunno? As for the swallow i would imagine it does hve a car park sayin its a hotel?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 26>
  Share Topic