FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
Author
BridgetJones! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BridgetJones! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 20:16
I spoke to a girl at my olympic assessment who had worked for tui last yr and it was 2%......compared to 9 in total for olympic....not good!!
Princess_Aimee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_Aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 20:33
arrggh i h8 waitin xx
zoe2530 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe2530 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2009 at 22:32
got mine wednesday :P not long now xxx
Lisa345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2009 at 22:36
Got ur what yesterday?
zoe2530 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe2530 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2009 at 23:03
my assement babe :P can not wait x
zoe2530 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe2530 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 14:27
my assessment day, i traveled by train so make sure u get a rough idea of where u are going on google map.

I was one of the first people there and they took me to a room where another young lad was we started talking and all of a sudden 28 more people appeared out of no where. when we arrived we were asked to register and give our details of documents we had dont forget these as u might not be registered. We sat in a big room with 4 tables in it and 4 people from TUI were there and they gave us a brief descrription of the job. We then had a n ice breaker our initals turned into something we were i said zooming enthuastic lol !!. We then had to do our presentations my heaart was pounding and alot of people brought hand outs but i just pretened i just had 2 people move in next door to me and explained wat i would do as a person. Then we had a group discusion and they split us in to 3 groups of 5 we had to think which one was the most important and discuss it as a group and again make sure u get involved and share ur point across too... Next was the maths exam now i know alot of u are worried about it just be your selfs ur be fine and revise loads before u go on the day as thats wat i did.

We then had lunch and got chattin loads to each other and it seemed a totally diffrent group from ealier where we were not talkin now we felt like we knew each other for years. they then took us back to the main room and they called 5 names including me i was so nerves 5 out of 30 i was very worried that was it i felt like i was on x factor and when the ladie said we go through i could not beilve it !! we all were cheeerin any way we then went bk to the main room ladie went through a bit more about the roll then we had one on one roll play i had a customer who had booked a trip and was not happy with the out come again just be your self and confidence thats what they are looking for !!

We then had our one on one intrview this is your chance to sell your self now im still waiting for an email i only had it yesterday so i hope this helps and i hope u all get the job :) fingers cross i get my email if not it was a good experience x you make alot mates rember try stay in touch with them zoe xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_Aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 14:54
thats beasicaly the same as ours but instead of a presentation you had to do a 3 minute audition piece every single person who turned up at ours got through to thee interview xx
zoe2530 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe2530 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 12:24
just wonderin aime have u heard anything yet mate im still waiting :S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_Aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 14:12
no a week later nothin i wish they would tell me loads of people had their calls alredy but apparently their not doin any calls today coz their busy so i gta wait till next week surly it cant take that long to make a little call to say wether u gt it or nt xx
zoe2530 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe2530 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 14:23
o totallly mate it is very frustratin did u call up babe do u have the number xxx
stacebabz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacebabz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 14:39
Hope they get back to you both soon bet its well frustratin!!Is it entertainers you have applied for?xx
zoe2530 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe2530 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 14:41
i appplied for mainline only 5 of us got through out of 30 i got everythin g crossed people are saying for holiday rep u get ur email bk with 5 days xxx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_Aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 16:06
yr iv tried phonein noone answers tho that just been told they strated up phoning again i dont think ill make it to monday if i dont find out today xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_Aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 16:07
yr its entertainers iv applied for an ur right its well frustrating coz every1z getting their calls apart from me an its been tooooo long :(
zoe2530 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe2530 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 16:08
you only have an hour to go im gonna wait till tuesday if i dont hear anything im callin them xxx xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_Aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 16:10
in no ill call em in half an hour if i dnt get a call it cant reallly tak all this time to call a few ppl can it ? xx
zoe2530 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe2530 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 16:11
i think there are alot of people mate think they have an assement day every day :P
Lisa345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 16:40
They've made TUI 2009 group on Facebook a closed group and removed all the posts that were already on there due to the 18 - 30 newspaper article.  Great.  If anybody is a member of the group you'll have to keep me posted on what it says.  I can't join until I tell my family that I'm going.
stacebabz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacebabz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 16:53
im on there il keep you posted.xx
zoe2530 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe2530 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 16:54

This is wat some1 posted about the training days i fount it use fulxxx

Well guys and girls Training is upon us, and heres a little guide of what do expect and a few do's and donts! lol!

So Training will be broken down into 2 stages.

1st stage tends o be finding out about you, the company, the job etc... there will be a few presentaions to do to test you public speaking plus a couple of tests.

2nd stage will be held in resorts and will be more resort specific guiding you through the varios processes, complaints forms, what to do in certain situations, going on excusrions, training of your ticket machines (rats/hht's) and the dreaded welcome meeting presentation lol! agiain there will be numerous tests, presentations and homework to do.

DO'S

EXPECT TO WORK HARD: Theres lots to get through at the end of the day its only a short period in your 7 months.

YOUR HOMEWORK: You will get given homework most nights, do make sure you do it, its extrememly beneficial.

BE ON TIME: Work out how long it takes you to get to the training venue from where your staying and be in plenty of time.

BE PREPARED: Make sure you bring all the things your required to bring for training, pens, pencils, calculators, notes etc..

LISTEN: The trainers are there to help you listen carefully and everything will become so much easier.

HAVE FUN: Training is a bit like school, but you do get a chance to have a laugh at breaks or when appropriate.

INTERACT: Its hard for a trainer to do thier job if they are looking at a room of blank faces, ask questions etc... at the end of the day if your unsure of something they would rather answer it there and then, than know you are confused at something.

DONT:

ASK TO GO OUT FOR A CIG: The trainers wont like it you will be given plenty of opportunities throughout the day to have one.

TAKE THE ****: if your given a 15 min break make it 15 mins not 20, there is a lot 2 get through and that 5 mins extra in your break will mean 5 mins extra at the end of the night.

GET DRUNK: Again there is a lot to get through at training and a lot of it cant be done with a hangover, by all means have a drink when doing some work but 1 or 2 will be sufficient....remember you are being assessed at all times.

STAY UP LATE: Last thing you want is to fall asleep at training.

BE NERVOUS: everyone is in the same boat, if your asked to do a presentation relax, be yourself and be prepared and it will all flow nicely.

Remember the trainers arent there to judge anybody for being nervous or worrieed about anything they are there to help, but they can only help you if you help yourselves so work hard and you will reap the rewards.

IF ANY OF THE EXPERIENCED REPS WANNA ADD SOMETHING FEEL FREE!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
  Share Topic