FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What’s the word on Jasper?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
flyingj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What’s the word on Jasper?
    Posted: 17 November 2005 at 18:49
Anyone interested in trading opinions on Jasper and skiing/riding at
Marmot? Like to get a bead on opinions of the area, work
experiences, fave spots, etc.
malibulucy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibulucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 00:11
jasper is ok. ive only spent a couple of days there and not skiied but from the impression i got you felt a bit out of it. I certainally did, you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere even though you are surrounded by mountains they seem quite far away (in relation to being ON the mountian) and you are 2 hours from banff/lake louise for any days off you think about travelling. Plus there will be times when you are stuck up there if your thinking of working as the highway often gets closed in the winter because of all the snow and that is your only way out down the mountain. it is a nice town with enough to do but having been in lake louise and banff i wouldnt choose to go up there but it depends on what your looking for- it is a lot quieter and like i said has the impression of a more wide open space rather than a compact little mountain village

sorry couldnt help more

Lucy x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic