FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help! Dep. Feb’06 Work+Ski, Europe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
freezerburn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freezerburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help! Dep. Feb’06 Work+Ski, Europe
    Posted: 20 November 2005 at 07:57
:D Hi there everyone,

I just graduated and want to go snowboarding+working at ANY ;-) ski resort in Europe.
I'm 24, got EU passport, fluent english and good french knowledge, some good skills and experience dealing with the customer, intermediate/good snowboarder, visited the alps last Spring (Chamonix and Megeve).

I have been lurking here and in other forums and googling intensively, already read most of the known ski job sites - i'm filled in with the basic info.

Some (a lot of, actually ;) questions, if you can help out:

- What i'm going to do now is build a good cv and apply with as many companies as i can! Do you agree? What about flying over and staying somewhere while searching for work on the spot (we don't have much more than 1000 euros each)?

- I haven't got a cookery cerificate or anything, but i can cook a 3 course meal for a party of 6 or more - is this enough qualification to be a chalet host?

- I'm going to work and board, what are the best positions in terms of free time?

- Are interviews mandatory, do they do phone/webcam interviews? Because I'm in Portugal at the moment so an interview in London involves spending precious money (just not logical).

- I am going on this trip with a mate, so we'd like to be stationed in the same resort. Is this possible? Does this make it easier/harder in getting a job/any special tips on applying (like mentioning that we're applying with this other friend?)

- We're going after the season has started, but plan to stay until the end, then get another seasonal job somewhere probably. Any tips on getting a job in mid-season (i know about peak period jobs, but we wanted something lasting more than a couple weeks because we don't have the money otherwise)? What about after the season has ended?

Thanks a great lot!
Peace,

Miguel Coelho

my msn messenger: miguelcoelho [at] hotmail.com

PS: We welcome and will share any info like tips, contacts, spots, ideas, positions/companies with should apply for, ...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic