FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What to Pack!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 27>
Author
megan_1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megan_1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to Pack!!
    Posted: 09 January 2009 at 15:51
Heyy To All That's Working Abroad For The Summer....
Am Trying To Think Of Some Essentials That We're Guna Deffo Need!
Any Help/Ideas Would Be Brill!!

Thanks!! xx x x x x
LilLaura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilLaura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 16:01
Take travel toiletries to keep weight down youll be able to buy normal sized toiletires when u get there. Ive done 2 season now just going in to my 3rd and ive taken what i wanted. 
Princess_Aimee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_Aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 17:31
thats A gd idea neva fort of that if i gt this job ill do that spesh if u dnt av muc weight 2 tak
onetreehi11luva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onetreehi11luva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 18:18
I agree guys! I want to know what the liklihood of having internet is, as i wanted to take my laptop so i cn skype people bak home to save money on phone calls?x
Lisa345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 18:21
Originally posted by onetreehi11luva onetreehi11luva wrote:

I agree guys! I want to know what the liklihood of having internet is, as i wanted to take my laptop so i cn skype people bak home to save money on phone calls?x

Suppose it will depend where you go.  You've probably got more chance in some countries than others.
Lisa345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 18:26

Gonna take a summer quilt and my pillow, ipod, touch (with wireless internet), photos of family and friends, money belt, some going out clothes, maybe a fancy dress outfit (you never know), couple of bikinis, towel, travel iron, 7 months worth of the pill (will need to visit the doctor and explain why he needs to give me that many), bath mat thing that stops you slipping in the shower, headache tablets, beechems resolve, vitamins.

A million other things that I won't even of thought of yet!!!  Will definately need to buy some compression bags so that it all fits in.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megan_1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 08:03
Hehe, yeah i think the money belt is a good idea!! Iron...never thought of that one!! Good thinking!! x x x
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onetreehi11luva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 10:04
Yeh im gonna need to get the pill too. Its so much harder than just packing for a weeks holiday isnt! Surely you can get quilts, pillows and bath mats in the hypermarkets when your there? Mind you i guess if we get a higher allowance of kg, we may as well use it! x
Lisa345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 11:25
Originally posted by onetreehi11luva onetreehi11luva wrote:

Yeh im gonna need to get the pill too. Its so much harder than just packing for a weeks holiday isnt! Surely you can get quilts, pillows and bath mats in the hypermarkets when your there? Mind you i guess if we get a higher allowance of kg, we may as well use it! x

I think it will depend on where you go.  If you go to somewhere like Magaluf then you're not gonna find a bedding shop, you'd probably have to go to Palma or another main town to buy it.  If I've got room in my case then gonna take it as it will make me feel at home on my first night.
clairegibbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 11:51

I have worked in Portugal and Magaluf and they have supermarkets, they sell most things. Out of expierience tho they dont tell you your allowence until the day you fly, but that mite of chnged now. (i travelled out 2004, 2005 and 2006) Also at the training you may get big folders etc TC gave us loads!!!  and you have to take them as that tells you the INs and Outs of the job etc. But again that mite f changed, thought I would let you know

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onetreehi11luva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 12:13
Chers for the info clairegibbo. I think your right actually Lisa, it does depend on where you go doesnt it. x
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onetreehi11luva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 12:14
Any other ideas anyone. Im composing a list from peoples ideas haha x
lil-lea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil-lea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 12:44
http://www.careerintravel.co.uk/RepPackingList.pdf
if you try that link i think iv have done it write.. somebody posted it on another topic its really handy its a rep packing check list you can download it..iv found it dead useful!!!
x
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onetreehi11luva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 13:41
Originally posted by lil-lea lil-lea wrote:

http://www.careerintravel.co.uk/RepPackingList.pdf
if you try that link i think iv have done it write.. somebody posted it on another topic its really handy its a rep packing check list you can download it..iv found it dead useful!!!
x

Thats great, really helpful. Thanks!!x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megan_1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 14:48

hope there's guna be somewhere in Rhodes where i can buy a quilt! I know im not guna have room in my suitcase for that! Am definatly taking my pillow tho!

clairegibbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 15:52
Originally posted by megan_1989 megan_1989 wrote:

hope there's guna be somewhere in Rhodes where i can buy a quilt! I know im not guna have room in my suitcase for that! Am definatly taking my pillow tho!

there should be hun, im so excited rollon Rhodes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megan_1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 16:05
I no! I just want to start packing now! Ive started saving and wrote a list of what i need, so each week im guna get something so i dont leave it all last minuite! How much money do u think we're guna need to take with us?? x xx xx x x x
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onetreehi11luva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 17:29
I wondered that too, how much we will need to take. Spose it depends how much we wana buy out there upon arrival.x
LilLaura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilLaura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 17:38
Girls getting the pillwont be a rpoblem i get 10-12 months worth at a time... And do your companies not supply pillows just take a pillow case from home and a fleecy blanket if your in a hot country you will probs not even need the duvet. Id defo take more going out at night clothes then anything nothing workse then always goingout in the same outfit 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onetreehi11luva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 17:42
I agree LiLaura, but won't we be in our uniform even in the evenings? I guess i will be because as a childrens rep i have to do pyjama parties etc. Im sure we would be given a pillow...surely? Who on earth needs a duvet in summer!!x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 27>
  Share Topic