FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What to Pack!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 27>
Author
megan_1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megan_1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 17:46
I wanted to just take out my own pillow, just incase i get a rock hard one, nothing is worse than having a hard pillow and then u cant sleep!! I agree with LilLaura, will be taking most of my wardrobe, just because i dont want to leave anything behind! Im prob taking a couple fancy dress outfits as well!! x x x x
onetreehi11luva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onetreehi11luva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 17:58
Yeh, theres nothing worse than wanting to wear something you forget to bring! x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megan_1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 17:59
Yep! I dont mind if i have to pay a little extra baggage allowance....im guna try and wear as many clothes as i can!!! LOL
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onetreehi11luva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 18:02
Im soo skint, that its not an option for me. Theres so much info flying around about 'you get 60kg allowance' 'you get 20kg allowance' etc etc, and no information is coming from the actual company, its soooooo annoying don't you think? I just want to know where im going, when my training is, what company brand im working for and what my allowance is, as im a really organised person, but its hard to arrange stuff when you don't know key information! On the other hand, i guess its spontaneous :D xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megan_1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 18:05
hehe. I know that im working for Olympic, going out beginning of april to train, and working in Rhodes!!! I've started putting some money aside....i think we work a month in advance don't we?! so i think we'll need money to last us to month out there x x x
clairegibbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 18:11
Originally posted by megan_1989 megan_1989 wrote:

I no! I just want to start packing now! Ive started saving and wrote a list of what i need, so each week im guna get something so i dont leave it all last minuite! How much money do u think we're guna need to take with us?? x xx xx x x x

You need enough for he first month, depends how expensive it is out there, Olympic prob have deals with restraunts and things, I know some tour ops do.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 18:15
Oh and you will get pillows, the apartments are very very Basic but you do get the basics like Pillows etc
LilLaura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilLaura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 18:23
60Kg thats living in a fantasy world i think
20kg will be the more realistic one its only 25 kg for long haul flights.
Basic accom shoudl provide blankets and pillows

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 18:26
Also take hand wash washing powder, thats always handy you may not have a washing machine and to wash the basics comes in handy!! I am takeing a big bag of tea bags cant live without my tea!! lol and it tea bags can tend to be expensive out there
missperfect999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missperfect999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 18:31
We were told at interview 4 tui that the luggage allowance was 40kg cos i asked cos i no im gonna take alot lol x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megan_1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 18:49
Lol, would be nice if it was 40kg! Im guna put everything in the vaccum bags to try and squash everything in. Im prob only guna take 2 towels out with me, a beach and bath one...i guessed if i need more just to buy them out there! x x x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 18:51
Originally posted by megan_1989 megan_1989 wrote:

Lol, would be nice if it was 40kg! Im guna put everything in the vaccum bags to try and squash everything in. Im prob only guna take 2 towels out with me, a beach and bath one...i guessed if i need more just to buy them out there! x x x

Yeh buy your towels out there, they tend to be the heavist.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onetreehi11luva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 20:43
Vaccum bags are a good idea, however, it doesnt change the weight of the items, just means you can fit more in your case.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 21:20
Oh I just been told, depends where you are, take insect killer/cockcroach Turkey is very bad for them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megan_1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 21:24
Claire, do we have cockcroaches??!
Lisa345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 09:36
One more thing.  I used my bank card last night and saw that it expires in June.  Gonna have to tell the bank that I've lost it so that I will get a new one before I go.  It would be a nightmare to get out there and not be able to get money out of the machine!

Might be worth having a look at yours.
Lisa345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 09:37
Gonna take my pillow because the ones abroad are long and thin and my pillow will make me feel at home.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 09:40
Originally posted by Lisa345 Lisa345 wrote:

One more thing.  I used my bank card last night and saw that it expires in June.  Gonna have to tell the bank that I've lost it so that I will get a new one before I go.  It would be a nightmare to get out there and not be able to get money out of the machine!

Also saying that, tell your bank you will be useing your card abroad cos they have a habbit of cancelling it.  (i work for a bank, and always dealing with complaints like this)
Lisa345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 09:48
Originally posted by clairegibbo clairegibbo wrote:

Also saying that, tell your bank you will be useing your card abroad cos they have a habbit of cancelling it.  (i work for a bank, and always dealing with complaints like this)

Can they do that??  Gonna have to make sure that I take all my bank details and phone numbers with me, sounds like I'll be on the phone to them alot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 09:50

Originally posted by clairegibbo clairegibbo wrote:

Can they do that??  Gonna have to make sure that I take all my bank details and phone numbers with me, sounds like I'll be on the phone to them alot.

Yeh they can, if they think there is forg on it, we are for ever getting complaints from people overseas saying I cant use my card etc  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 27>
  Share Topic