FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What to Pack!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 27>
Author
Lisa345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 10:16
Originally posted by clairegibbo clairegibbo wrote:

Originally posted by Lisa345 Lisa345 wrote:

One more thing.  I used my bank card last night and saw that it expires in June.  Gonna have to tell the bank that I've lost it so that I will get a new one before I go.  It would be a nightmare to get out there and not be able to get money out of the machine!

Might be worth having a look at yours.

Also saying that, tell your bank you will be useing your card abroad cos they have a habbit of cancelling it.  (i work for a bank, and always dealing with complaints like this)

Can they do that??  Gonna have to make sure that I take all my bank details and phone numbers with me, sounds like I'll be on the phone to them alot.

Yeh they can, if they think there is forg on it, we are for ever getting complaints from people overseas saying I cant use my card etc  

If you ring them from abroad will they switch it back on?  Just thinking that even if I tell them I'm going to be working abroad that they might miss the note and still switch it off.
clairegibbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 12:21

One more thing.  I used my bank card last night and saw that it expires in June.  Gonna have to tell the bank that I've lost it so that I will get a new one before I go.  It would be a nightmare to get out there and not be able to get money out of the machine!

Might be worth having a look at yours.

Also saying that, tell your bank you will be useing your card abroad cos they have a habbit of cancelling it.  (i work for a bank, and always dealing with complaints like this)

Can they do that??  Gonna have to make sure that I take all my bank details and phone numbers with me, sounds like I'll be on the phone to them alot.

Yeh they can, if they think there is forg on it, we are for ever getting complaints from people overseas saying I cant use my card etc  

If you ring them from abroad will they switch it back on?  Just thinking that even if I tell them I'm going to be working abroad that they might miss the note and still switch it off.

Think so, i would go into your branch and call them just make sure.
dee1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 14:33
this is a really good checklist of what to pack! now all i need is to get one of the jobs i applied for and im all set lol

Accident Prone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Accident Prone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 17:02
I need a duvet and i was working in the Cote d Azur.It got cold at nights but that was probably cos i was sober when i went to bed (which wasnt offten)
zoe2530 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe2530 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 17:06

when do u lot shoot off to another country then to start work and when do u start packin 6 months of a girls life is alot ya know xxx

dee1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 17:13
i know. packing is the hardest part. im more nervous bout that than everything else lol! xxxx
bethbubble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bethbubble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 18:02
to be honest with you, youre not going to use anywhere near the amount of stuff that you will take. youre in your uniform about 90% of the time, and like other people have said its only greece and spain not the outback so there will be places to buy most things. you just need to take stuff that you know you cant get over there, for example a particular make up that you like, a tip though if you use things like pro plus these can be very very expensive over there.

as far as baggage allowance is concerned with olympic you get your starter pack and information and it tells you in there how much you can take. i really wouldnt worry about it yet, one thing i would suggest taking though is a big money bag with different compartments that way you can organise your liquidation money properly because if you lose any of it it comes out of your wages, trust me its not nice.
zoe2530 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe2530 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 18:16
thanks beth for the advice when is the date u are due to go x
bethbubble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bethbubble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 18:34
its ok, it just annoys me when people chat on here giving wrong information because then people might take stuff that they didnt need or get charge loads at the airport or something.

not to sure yet its usually around the 9th april, im going back to corfu and i honestly cant wait to go now haha have to keep telling myself its 3mnths yet.

who are you working for?

xx
zoe2530 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe2530 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2009 at 18:58
well i got my assement day on 28th jan so still got a bit of a way to go with first chocie little bit nerves but im going in with a positive attitude x
megan_1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megan_1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 16:25

Im soo excited LOL x x x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 10:18
Im just going to take loads of Vest tops, Gypsy skirts, Maxi Dress's Cut down trousers skirts etc!
SammyG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SammyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 10:29
Hi,

I know this isn't a vital thing to pack but should we take a travel iron? or will our accomadation have one? i dont want to go to work in a crumpled uniform!!
Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 10:39
Originally posted by SammyG SammyG wrote:

Hi,

I know this isn't a vital thing to pack but should we take a travel iron? or will our accomadation have one? i dont want to go to work in a crumpled uniform!!
Cheers

I reccoment you take one,from expierience when I have worked abroad they dont provide one
SammyG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SammyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 10:42
Okay,
Just thinking about luggage space really.

Thanks for that,

Cheers
x
chester3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chester3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 12:28
George foreman grill always come in handy especially for those in greece cause you will only have 2 electric hobs to cook on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 12:42
Originally posted by chester3 chester3 wrote:

George foreman grill always come in handy especially for those in greece cause you will only have 2 electric hobs to cook on.

We prob get them there wont we? that will be heavy to take

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 12:55
Originally posted by chester3 chester3 wrote:

this is prob a well silly question, do we get a microwave?
megan_1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megan_1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 14:39
I dont think they will have microwaves...i think my diet will be just bread! I cant cook anyway! So it'll be a staple diet of bread and cheese!! x x x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairegibbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 14:41
Originally posted by megan_1989 megan_1989 wrote:

I dont think they will have microwaves...i think my diet will be just bread! I cant cook anyway! So it'll be a staple diet of bread and cheese!! x x x

Or Pasta, when I have worked away before alot of people took things like Pot Noddle, Pasta in Sauce in packs but they tend to be very expensive overseas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 27>
  Share Topic