FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Menu plans for my ski chalet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Menu plans for my ski chalet
    Posted: 28 December 2003 at 16:13
Hi there,

Just started doing a ski season as a chalet rep. Im looking for new ideas for my menu - its got to be easy, and cheap as well cos I'm not the best at cooking!

deb
Anna01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anna01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 09:47

Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole

Ingredients
  • 1 1/3 cups uncooked white rice
  • 2 2/3 cups water
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups mild salsa

Directions

1. Place rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, place chicken breast halves into a large saucepan, and fill the pan with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes, or until done. Remove chicken from water. When cool enough to handle, cut meat into bite-size pieces.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  4. In a medium bowl, combine Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses. In a separate bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, onion, and salsa. Layer 1/2 of the rice, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the soup and salsa mixture, and 1/2 of the cheese mixture in prepared dish. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until bubbly.

jack705 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 15:27
Salads and fresh fruit mixture toped with orange juice and mild spices is really a great option?
irvinelmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irvinelmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 09:46
Hi,
Cooking for a chalet full of guests may seem daunting at first and the first two to three weeks will be hard work. A Cookery Course could help immensely to build up your confidence as well as your repertoire of recipes.
alexleonardme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexleonardme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 17:41
Good luck and god speed!
LPB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2011 at 12:53
Hey - I hope you got on OK.

For anyone looking at this forum as experienced chalet hosts/chefs I'd really appreciate an insiders view on a typical day, experience and/or skills that would make an application stand out etc... My boyfriend and I really want to do a ski season in France and jobs for couples as a chalet host/chef seem to be the best way of having a functioning relationship whilst being out there. We're not scared of hard work but would like to have a bit more knowledge before applying!

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic