FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Working in Whistler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AngelaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngelaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working in Whistler
    Posted: 29 January 2006 at 09:25
Hi, I'm from Australia and planning on working the Whistler winter season 06/07 and just wondering if anyone has worked there before and can answer a few questions or give me some advice. Thanks
boarder_911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boarder_911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 02:03
Hey there guys, i have the same problem. Im as assuie and really want to get out and work in canada for the winter. Is there any places that people have worked and would recommend. Is it hard to get a working visa or employment
emmyla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmyla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 04:46
Hi, I’m also from Australia and I just got my Canadian working visa for winter season 06/07. I’m undecided on where I would like to work. I holidayed in Whistler in 2004 and loved the place. Anyone got any recommendations or advice? Thanks

cheeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 21:54
Why Whistler? I have been in Canada since Nov 05 working front desk at Big White and loving it. I just got my level 1 Snowboarding Instructors Certificate. There are heaps of places to work in Canada. If you go thru OWH (Overseas Working Holidays) they can get you a job before you leave Oz. Make sure you have your working visa organised before thinking about the jobs. OWH provides job for Whistler, Lake Louise, Nakiska, Big White, Silver Star and Rimrock Resort.
OWH can help with the visa process aswell. Get in early as by May most of the visas are taken.
Just remember that a holiday is very different to a working holiday as you have to get up for work the next day! But in saying that I wouldn't trade it for anything and am now heading back to Oz to do the ski season there and continuing the endless winter.
Hope this helps a little.
brooklyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brooklyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 17:29
Thanks ;)hi there, Im from Argentina, also planning on spending 06-07´s winter season probably at Whistler. So any info as reagards jobs at the resort..housing ..etc would be so much appreciated!
millsiano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millsiano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 06:31
hey guys, im heading over to canada for the 06/07 winter season and am looking for any info on the job fair they having running over there. Ive heard it is in october but that is all i know at this stage. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks
brooklyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brooklyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 20:52
dear millsiano..yep get on whistler´s site..just type whistler on google, and ull get it...in there at the bottom I guess there´s a section por emplyers..u can get all the info there..such as job fairs etc...
aight so if u guys goin lets keep in touch
cheers**
brooklyn
millsiano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millsiano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 13:12
hey brooklyn, thanks heaps for the info i ll check that out, hopefully might see u there
victoria180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoria180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 02:18
Hi everyone, I seem to have the same boring question but im very scared, ive never been anywhere by myself let alone overseas! Im guessing that it will be fine once I get there but I was wondering is it best just to rock up to these job fare things or try and arrange it before I go. I was also curious as to what the best job to get is. I have heard from a few people that it is good to work in the restaurants because you get tips and can ski during the day- but would that be a bit boring? Where would you meet the most amount of people?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially from those who went alone.
mistadobalina. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mistadobalina. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2006 at 01:00
Hey guys I go to Whistler often and would like to say that it is GREAT. I will be moving to Whistler this comming season and am finding it hard to secure accomodation and employment this early, but as forementioned the whistler blackcomb website has plenty of information (whistlerblackcomb.com) and also has a link to magazines from around whistler that can help with finding employment, accomodation, etc. The people are very friendly and many of the employees come from austrailia, europe, and all over the world. If you have never been to Whistler and are planning to work in Canada for the 06/07 winter season i would say that Whistler is definately the place to be. Incredible riding, incredible night life, incredible people.
pez83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pez83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2006 at 19:50
Hey, really wanna start working this winterseason in whistler. Friends of mine told me just to headin over and search directly there for a job. Don't know, don't wanna stay then in whistler without a job...
If you have any advice for me please!!! Thanks
FerD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FerD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 23:23
hey guys, im from Argetina and i really want to go to whistler to work this 07/08 season, but they wont send job offers untill i get my working visa, and at the embassy they ask for the job offer to get the visa! so i ve got a a problem there jajajaj I wonder if one of you have an idea to solve my problem or maybe you can get my a job offer or something!! ok Thank you all!! talk you later!!!!!!!

Fer D
whistlerguy99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whistlerguy99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 05:05
Finding work in whistler is easy provided your english is good/sufficient. A great place to look for current job opportunities is: http://www.whistlerchamber.com/employment-resources/employme nt-resources/finding-a-job.html

Your other option is essentially to work for the mountain itself at
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/employment/jobs/index.htm
Working for the mountain earns brownie points for ease as accomodation is taken care of for you.
Iheartsnow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iheartsnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2007 at 18:15
Thanks Whistler Guy! I have stumbled upon some of the hotel resorts offer housing to their employees...do you have any information for someone who is looking to go that route? It looks like the 4 seasons and Westin resort and spa offer something like this?
hossegorchick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hossegorchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 12:57
Hi, I noticed you've been working in Big White. I have my work visa and i'm looking at heading out to Big white in October/ November This year (2008). Would you have any contacts/ Company names you could give me for arranging accomodation for the season out there?

Thanks in advance for any help.

x
lgreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 22:44
hello all,
Well ya know this thread is about Whistler-----a bit farther west than Big White. But here is a few links for you to check out: http://www.britishcolumbia.com/Ski/resorts/?id=10
and this one, http://www.mountainrealty.ca/

Kelowna is a great area as well, but check out Whistler sometime.
hossegorchick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hossegorchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 13:17
Thanks for the links...much appreciated. If anyone does happen to have any infomation about seasonal accomodation in Big White...let me know. Thanks

X
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic