New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - **** Working in Faliraki, Rhodes, Greece 2009 ****
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

**** Working in Faliraki, Rhodes, Greece 2009 ****

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
djterryturbolee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djterryturbolee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **** Working in Faliraki, Rhodes, Greece 2009 ****
    Posted: 30 March 2009 at 18:36
Quick Guide to working in Faliraki.

Do you like partying? Drinking? F**king? Then Faliraki is the place for you.

The Faliraki Season runs from Apr-Oct, people do on stay on and work in the winter as a few bars stay open. Most people return home with a great tan and liver failure.

Getting work in faliraki is nowhere near as daunting as you think. 99% of people who work out there for the first time, book up a cheap package holiday to give them a base to start from, i think thats the best and safest option as you have a return flight in case you are not happy, but most people settle,find work and have the summer of their lives. You don't need work permits or papers. Some of the bosses sort this for you, otherwise you work on the grey market (nudge nudge wink wink) !! All goes very quickly and you can normally work on your first night of your holiday if you want.

Make sure you take out travel insurance during your stay, fill in an e111 form and keep off mopeds.

There seemed to be a real shortage of workers last year, so i don't think you would find it hard to get a job.Even if you can't come out til you have finished school/Uni etc it's not a problem. People were coming out as late as july and august last year. Some people came on holiday and didnt leave!!.

There are plenty of jobs available,

Waitressing
PR (pulling people in off the street)
Dancers
Bar work
Djing
Watersports
Strippers?? (infinity)

Bookings are well up on last year, It would seem faliraki, has recovered from the bad press a few years ago and people are realising it's the place to be this summer. With temps in the 30's most of the summer months.Its a great resort. Check out my resort guide to faliraki.

As regards to accommodation whilst staying in raki, It's a case of walking around and asking bar owners/supermarkets/shops etc, everyone knows everyone, other workers will be aware of whats available too,so you can normally get sorted pretty quick.

Average rent is £150-180 a month per room. some cheaper/expensive, so if you share it's half that, silly cheap!. ive known of some people paying 100 euros a month on their own. some places will ask for the first month upfront or pay weekly. again shop around til you find the deal thats right for you. Air con will be extra if you want it, but i find fans are better, cos the air con will make you ill.

Wages vary from 20-40 euros a night. depending on hours,exp and job. You normally get drinks free all night, (food in restaurants) bosses will limit the drinks for ****heads and goons.

Most bosses pay nightly in euros, that way you know where you stand and you get the money you have worked for, Some places will ask to keep a week in hand and you get it back at the end of the summer or your flight home. Only do this when you have confidence in the employer (ask other workers) or you are sure you will stay that long, as it may forfeit the money/flight if you leave.

It's not as scary as you think and you would become settled quickly. You make loads of friends, there's a great workers community with parties and BBQ's etc.

theres no age limit. (ask dee) 16+ to work. you may need a bit of experience in some bars, Last summer most workers were picking and choosing the work.

I will add an honest warning though, please take on board that you will be in a foreign country, respect the greek people and they will respect you.its does get very hot july/aug and it can become tiring and the hours can be long. you have ya ups and downs like all jobs, Pace yourself, dont hammer it everynight, otherwise your kidneys will soon fall out of your bum. Some of the greek bosses (as in all jobs) can take advantage of you being wet behind the ears, dont stand for it, have ya say, if your not happy, go and work for someone else. Always take advice before you agree to anything.

It sure as hell beats being at home and you get to meet great people, get drunk, have a laugh and get paid for it.

The season is just about to kick off in May 2009 so check out:

flythomascook.com
thomsonfly.com
easyjet.com
mytravel.com
teletext.com
escapades.co.uk
thomson.com
thomascook.com

or travelsupermarket.com will search some of the best offers.

http://www.travelsupermarket.com/c/holidays/

holidays to faliraki are very cheap, if not make sure you go there for a summer holiday it's a great resort!!

Thanks for your time, hope this helps. any questions feel free to drop me a message!. Feel free to add more advice i've missed on to this post.

Might see you there!!!

Terry "Turbo" Lee

Carlsberg don't do job's, but if they did, this would be one of them.

Are you gonna sit in some poxy office with a c**t for a boss telling you what to do as you count your pennies trying to make ends meet in a country that's sinking into strikes and wars and at the end of the day you go home to your cosy little flat in 'nowheresville' and pull your IKEA curtains shut to hide from the big bad world and pretend it's not happening? Or are you gonna stand up and be counted, make a difference and feel the rush? Just for once say "f**k it". I'm coiled up like a spring and I'm ready to burst and wanking ain't doing it anymore. I need music to make me feel I'm still alive. I know what I'd rather do, mate. Faliraki!!. Love it!
sambuca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sambuca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 22:48
If anybody wants to work in rhodes town get in touch with rhodespartyboat@hotmail.com ,   they are an english owned company hiring staff now for the summer .
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djterryturbolee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2009 at 16:39
djskin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 17:34
sent a email to the party boat, see you soon
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djterryturbolee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 22:09
a-bit-of-a-hottie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a-bit-of-a-hottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2009 at 13:24
emailed party boat got a reply may have a job lined up x
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djterryturbolee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2009 at 20:23
STAFF WANTED Q CLUB FALIRAKI

ANYONE INTERESTED IN WORKING AT Q.. CALL SYD ON 0036943845443

MESSAGE SYD ON FACEBOOK

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=582200761

Edited by djterryturbolee - 29 April 2009 at 16:19
Stizo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stizo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2009 at 01:57

hi mate i contacted you on facebook :) my name is Peter Stieranka there...got the message ? i sended here as well...i

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djterryturbolee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2009 at 16:18
*cherry* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *cherry* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2009 at 09:02
whats the hours for working at q club??? i may be interested x
erincampbell_dj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erincampbell_dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 01:48

Heyyy Terry! just private message you... re Faliraki! Speak soon.

mdaly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 10:44
Hiya

Im trying to figure out how much spending money to bring with me and thought you would be a great person to ask.....

How much do things cost in Faliraki? I wanted to know about the touristy stuff like trips and watersports and stuff but also the basics like how much is a drink and how much is it to get into the clubs?

Any information appreciated I know it will change a bit year on year but I need an idea!!!

cheers
kerryR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerryR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 10:50
im interested in workin for club Q but i cant come out until july as my passport was stolen and am waiting for a new one. Can you email me on kkkerryyy@hotmail.com xxxxx
danbireland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danbireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 17:06
im heading out from gatwick on the 28th may any1 leaving den???
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djterryturbolee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 17:27
skyeblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyeblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 15:14
i was thinking of coming out asap
none of my mates are gna come with me so it will just be me
will it be easy for me to get a job at this time of the year
or is it a bit late?
rhiannanlay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhiannanlay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2009 at 16:33
ive just come back from faliraki from a week hols with club1830
had the best time ever and i am bookin another package hol for a another week to see if i can get a job
skyblue im doing the same as you and going on my own and everyone i met wile i was out there was chopping and changing jobs all the time. they seemed pretty easy to get
skyeblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyeblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2009 at 16:52
hey i was gna go falaraki i wuld say id meet u out there,but i booked a flight to magaluf instead even tho ive heard its rly dead there at the moment hopefully i wnt regret it
keep me posted as to how u get on xx
emilylill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilylill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 15:54
hey im flying out to faliraki club studios on the 22nd of july for one week with 8 of my friends im looking to stay out there untill end of september but will need a job! is there anything ?Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic