FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*Advice Needed*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SarahK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Advice Needed*
    Posted: 15 February 2006 at 20:43
Hey guys!

Just a bit of advice really. I worked in the Cote D'azur last summer, and had an amazing time. Im doing full time hoopi again this year, however the likelihood of me going back to the Cote D'azur again is looking pretty slim! Its somewhere where ide definitely like to work again, however with me doing full time hoopi it would mean either going back to St Aygulf or Port Grimaud for a second season (have been on the website and worked it out). That or working on the new site they have in the middle of nowhere! Ive heard so many different things about whether its worth going to work on the same site two years running, a lot of people say you always compare it to the year before. What do you think?
Jems View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2006 at 21:06
well, if you've read any of my others msgs posted on here you'll know that i've been on the same site last 3 years. id say go for a diferent site. tho if u did want to go back to the same one its not a bad thing. i try not to compare the years and have had 3 very different and equally enjoyable seasons. i just have an obsession with the south of france. Tho this yr i think im gonna try somewhere new but thats only coz im teaching in Nice again for a year from october and so know i will be back in cote d'azur anyway! if i wasnt doing tht then i def wud be doing keycamp in south france again!! whers the new site that they have then?
SarahK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2006 at 21:28
Thanks for the advice jems, appreciate it. Yeah ive read quite a few of your posts, and i was wondering whether you found each of the seasons much different. With spending last summer in the cote d'azur i grew to love the place, and like you am probably devleoping a bit of an obsesssion with it! I just dont wanna go anywhere cold, i know it sounds stupid but you need that sun around! Ive also got a couple of mates i worked with last year already confirmed as going to La Baume and L'Etoile and really wanna get the chance to spend some of my summer with them again! Their new site is more in land, miles away from the coast really. Its the one with the big waterpark onsite.
Jems View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2006 at 21:49
my first season was in 2003. i was absolutely terrified but had an amazing season. everyone was older than me that season, but i got on so well with everyone.
2nd season - i found it quite difficult for the first week or so as kept comparing. but then i realised there was no way i wud enjoy myself if i acted like that and just forced myself to get to know everyone. have kept in touch with so many people from 04, some of them are my realy good friends now( in fact am going out to france for a yr with my friend karen from 03). that season was very lively and i had such an excellent time. third season was great to. although ppl tended to split into groups of friends unlike the yr b4. all three seasons were great and i cant say i have a favourite as they were all such gd fun.
cote d'azur is excellent tho isnt it. i love the place. good weather, soooo much to do and see - its great!!
seanebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 09:29
I think the naturte of the job means that you're pretty much likely to
grow to love whatever area you're in.

Saying that I can understand why you'd want to do the Cote again as
the weather will be amazing, but there's plenty of sites in the
Languedoc area where the weather is pretty much guarnteed to be
good.

Personally I'd say go for a new area
txt_eva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txt_eva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 11:05
Languedoc is great and change is very good!
SarahK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 19:16
The thing is ive requested to either go back to the Cote D'Azur or go to Argeles. I know both the regions are as popular with couriers as one another... so im thinking its not going to be particularly easy to get placed in Argeles either! I had my first season in spain and that was brillinat, but not sure whether id want to go back there again!
The Cote d'azur just rocks though, im sorry! Aqautica, my favourite place in the whole world! (espec when ude been so many times u get in free!) the beaches, the weather, the food, the people...ahhh... its lovely! Monaco, Nice, Cannes (FILM FESTIVAL!!). Then there's the lil places like Port Grimaud and St Raphael. Then there's the famous booze cruise... BRILLIANT!!
scoobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 19:38
argeles sirene, kicks arse, the best site down in argeles... would highly recommend there for kids couriers or normal couriers, better than cote daz and less expensive
SarahK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 21:45
Yeah, ive heard Sirene's a good place to be. Ive also heard its a bit of a hell site to work on aswell, but im guessing thats probably more to do with the number of units they have, and how much cleaning the couriers have to do! I know its slightly cheaper there aswell, but i didnt think it was by much. I just dont know what to do!!
txt_eva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txt_eva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 08:50
Originally posted by SarahK SarahK wrote:

Then there's the famous booze cruise... BRILLIANT!!

More info please hun!

Sirene is a *huge* site (I got lost for the first week!) but you're all in it together and those couriers weren't working all the time!
Make sure you get a bike... KEEP IT! Get a lock and lock it up daily... you need a bike on that place and it will go missing...

If you go there say hi to Harry the turtle for me! And do go and watch the shows and get to know the animations staff- they are so cool and they're great for local info!

scoobs- when were you on sirene?
Jems View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 12:30
Originally posted by txt_eva txt_eva wrote:

Originally posted by SarahK SarahK wrote:

Then there's the famous booze cruise... BRILLIANT!!

More info please hun!

booze cruise is good. havent been on it in a few yrs but was a laugh. u get a coach from the campsite to port grim . u have some time round there to see it and then u get boat to st tropez. free drinks on board 'captains punch' being the main attraction! then u have a few hrs in st tropez, then get boat back to port grimaud and coach back again to ur site.
for customers who wanna go -- "just go to the blue hut at the barriers" - give them their ticket, pass em on to fred - and the commissions not bad!
jake198 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake198 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 12:51
yeah the booze cruise is good but it is better to do your own like me andy n neil!!!! just get an inflatable raft and a couple of crates and your safe!!!! ha ha!!! that was the best day off by far!!!
Jems View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 12:57
Originally posted by jake198 jake198 wrote:

yeah the booze cruise is good but it is better to do your own like me andy n neil!!!! just get an inflatable raft and a couple of crates and your safe!!!! ha ha!!! that was the best day off by far!!!

ha ha u had the most random yet genius days off ever
SarahK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2006 at 11:13
I'm still in two minds about it! I dont trust myself enough to NOT compare it to last season if i go back to one of the sites i worked on last year, thats the thing. Last year i requested Soleil in Argeles, as thats a two hc site. Looks very nice aswell! Has anyone worked there before!?
jake198 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake198 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 16:58
i just hope i am with andy again!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic