FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jobs in ski resorts for 18 year olds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
james86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jobs in ski resorts for 18 year olds
    Posted: 20 July 2004 at 15:45
I have just finished my A-levels at Aldenham School, Hertfordshire. Im very keen to find a job for a season in a ski resort especially val d'iser, however this is proving very difficult due to my age, 18, and having very little work experience. I have been skiing since i was 3 and am now an advanced snowboarder, so any job that allows me on the slopes i will be very interested in.

thanks for your help,

James.
guenschti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guenschti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 13:50
Hi James,

have a look on www.equityski.co.uk. Also on www.anyworkanywhere.com for a listing of ski resorts
SeasonWorkers View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeasonWorkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 12:30
Hi James,

You could have a look on either of the excellent websites mentioned above, in fact Equity Ski are now recruiting via Season Workers. They have some positions that can be filled by 18 year olds plus, but for most jobs, as with most other ski operators, you must be over 20/21.

Don't be discouraged though, there are plenty of hotels and restaurants where your age and work experience won't be a problem. If the work experience you mention includes working in a bar or kitchen the Flying Squirrel Bar in Plan Peisey (French Alps) are now recruiting -

Click here to see their profile and jobs

Good luck James

Edited by administrator
kerrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 21:09
i have just got back from my skiing holiday at morzine, and thoroughly enjoyed it! I have been there twice now and it would be a dream to work there. i have spoken to many people about getting a job in a resort there, and they all have said positive things about it. I am only 17 at the moment, but would love to work there in the future, and was wondering if anyone has any advice at all to give me?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic