FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jobs in Kavos. wanna work this summer!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author
totalbabe5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totalbabe5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 10:58
I believe you pay a weekly fee to rent a place out there prob around 100euros a week which is actually quite cheap. There is a hairdressers because I remember seeing one. Not sure where though, I was too drunk!
andyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 11:04
Yeah, you pay weekly but not a 100 euros. I lived at uncle harry's restaurant when i worked out there in 2006 for 4 months and i shared a room with a mate, we payed 6 euros each a night. so you should only be looking at 40-50 euros a week for a room. might have gone up a bit now, but not that much. loads of rooms for workers out there, just ask the restaurant owners.
Yeah, there is a hairdresser down buzz bar end of the strip, just by the beach, think her name is Lisa.
big baby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 11:07
guys WORKING ABROAD magazine is a new UK magazine full of interviews with people who worked abroad, its awesome, if you have worked abroad we would love to interview you, let me know here yeah. cheers
andyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 16:21
Yeah, can do an interview if you want. worked out there last year though, not this summer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totalbabe5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 12:58
Thanks for all your help andyc. My friend worked at Uncle Harrys this year and enjoyed it. Think he paid around 70euros a week so I think it has gone up.
bbecca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbecca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 22:17
hi! i want to get a job this summer too. but a bit worried about the pr laws coming out as im confused about where they are! i dont want to get somewhere and then find out that its impossible to get a job!! does anyone know more about it?
big baby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big baby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2007 at 09:20
Andy can you email me so I can send you the interview questions sales@workingabroadmagazine.co.uk
cheers
adejones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adejones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 23:09
I was DJ'in this summer in Kavos, brilliant experience, and now I have got plenty of contacts out there, I can quite easily and quite happily go back next year and sort myself out over there.

How did everyone else find it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totalbabe5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2007 at 13:16
Heya, What bar was you dj-ing for? When u going back out there?
adejones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adejones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2007 at 12:24
Originally posted by totalbabe5 totalbabe5 wrote:

Heya, What bar was you dj-ing for? When u going back out there?

I was doing pool parties at the freestyle village hotel through the day, I also did the foam parties in Atlantis.

I am going to go back out at the beginning of May cos I went out at end of May this year and most of the jobs had gone...

Edited by adejones - 21 October 2007 at 12:24
colton2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colton2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 10:16
hey peeps im looking forward to hopefully going out to kavos in 2008 to work. Im going on my own so im suspecting be pretty tough so if anyone has any info on places to stay for cheap prices and places to work please giz a shout on my email

colton6@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers
maggs1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maggs1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 10:22

Hey all, I'm new here to this forum, so bear with me kk!!!

I'm really hoping to come and work in Kavos next year as I went there this year for a holiday and loved it!!! Also, I met a PR called Phil who worked at The Forum, and he came back to the UK with me instead of working out the season!

Anyroads...

Like I said, really wanna come out in 2008, so if anyone has any advice on maybe how to get a job before we get there, that'd be great also about how you go abouts getting accom.

Cheers guys

Ali

xxLaLaxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxLaLaxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 22:46
Hi im really wanna go out 2 Kavos nxt year 2 wurk but dnt have a clue where 2 start..

ny have ny advice on how 2 get a job an accomodation...

please HELP lol

xcxc

Edited by xxLaLaxx - 12 November 2007 at 23:05

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totalbabe5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 09:02
You going to be going out there on your own? When u planning on going?
lplkavosjay07 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lplkavosjay07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 09:54
Hi Kavos Sun seekers,

my name is James i am 24 and from Liverpool this year i went to Kavos for my second year and next year i will be returning to Kavos to spend the summer season out there.

what i do i go out to Kavos at the beginning of May by booking a 2 week holiday i use the first week to having a holiday and the second week to finding a job.

finding work is so easy i have been to Kavos for 3 years now and have a good load of contacts so i can find a job pritty easy and that includes doing coach transfers from the airport to the resort.

everyone who works the summer season normally gets paid daily around about 25 euros for pr ing and 10 euros for handing flyers out.

accomodation is paid weekly and is around about 8 euros a night if anyone is thinking of going to kavos i can arrange accommodation and it would be 6 euros a night.

i hope this has all been of help to you all
speak soon and reply back
add me on to msn if u want to know more at cheshirejay@hotmail.co.uk
xxLaLaxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxLaLaxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 20:59
hey

yeah im goin aloneCry lol cant convince ny friends to cum with me....

not thought about when,,, wntd 2 try n find out when the best time 2 go....

wb xcxc
lplkavosjay07 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lplkavosjay07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 21:08
hya hun i am going out to Kavos the first week of may to have a holiday and then start work after the holiday, getting a job during may is the best time to get 1 as all the students have not finished uni or school yet so its as easy as abc, plenty of jobs and loads of accommodation available.

if u r looking to go alone would u like to meet up out there and maybe share accommodation, as it is cheaper around 6 euros a night
if u wanna chat or to ask me any questions or anything at all just chat to me on msn at cheshirejay@hotmail.co.uk or reply back on here
message back
James
Phil07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 23:02
Hi, I worked there last summer and heres some tips.

1 - Dont get flight and hotel, its expensive, if you fly out single and thens peak to a hotel as its out of season, theyw ill give you a room at 9 or 10 euros a night.

2 - Accomodation is between 50 euros a week and 75. 75 is a very nice room, balcony, fridge, cooker, and something resembling a shower. It isnt the cleanest place but its ok to sleep and throw up in.

3 - Get out there around May 12th, as the first week everywhere is shut, and the mian palces to work open. Jobs are pretty hard ot find in the big places, but lots are available in smaller places.

(As long as noone steals the job im getting i wont cry) :)

4 - Make friends with other workers. You get discounts everywhere when you work there (i think i got 10 beers for 4 euros once) and then you have some mates for when you finish work.

HAve fun, and if nyone has any preoblems then lemme know (im not sleazy like some people as i have a girlfriend (maggs) and i DONT need to share accomodation )
geordiegal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordiegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 18:23

Starreally wanna work in kavos this summer im already experianced in cleaning and im currenty a bar maid/waitress please if anyone knows of any jobs please let me know xxxWink

geordiegal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordiegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2007 at 18:26

Starplease someone does anyone know off any jobs in kavos summer 2008 i really want 2 work there i will need accomadation and i am well experianced in cleaning and i am currently a bar maid/waitress please get in touch Star

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic