FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CANADA - Blackcomb / Whistler chat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CANADA - Blackcomb / Whistler chat
    Posted: 29 July 2004 at 23:31
Staying or want to work or stay in Blackcomb / Whistler?

Read Blackcomb / Whistler review here and comment on the resort.

Leave messages below to ask about anything to do with living and working in Blackcomb / Whistler.

To find jobs in ski resorts click here.

To get help on working in ski resorts click here.
Justina View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 17:09
Hey guys,
Im an Australian living abd working in Spain at the moment with my boyfriend. We have just received our canadian working visas and plan to do a season in Canada. HAve been told that British Columbia is the place to be even though we are just beginners. We definately want to hook a job up snd sort out accomodation over the net before we arrive. Dont know where to start. If anyone has any advice or knows of great websites for jobs would really appreciate feedback.
Thanks
Justina
Tim View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 00:34
Hey, I'm moving to Whistler in a few days, I have a hotel job lined up but I really don't want to do that. I want a job on the hill or in a bar.I'm also in need of a place to stay (I can only crash at my uncle's place for so long and I need roomates to be able to get an appartement). If anybody knows of something, info is appreciated, Thanx, Tim
N.K. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N.K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2005 at 15:31
hey guys am finishing college in Ireland this year and really wanna head off on my own and work on the slopes for a season though have never skied before, am i mad??Would i ever manage to get a job??
flyingj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 19:03
I can't offer any leads on jobs, unfortunately, but I will be in Whistler
at least once this year and I'd love to hear what those working there
have to say about it. Also, if anyone has recommendations for good
runs (blacks, double blacks) or places to seek powder, I'd love to
know.
swedish- girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swedish- girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 16:25
Hi guys!

My name is Karin Im a swedish girl, at the moment I live in New York, but Im soon heading towards Whistler. The dream for me is to work hard and live cheap and just enjoy the mountains... I have manage to get a work VISA in Canada for a year. Im thinking of renting a appartment, but it is expenisve, the best would be to get a job were they help the staf with apartments. Would love to hear from any of you other adventorus people that are planing a season in Whistler, mayby meet up in Whistler, or become roommates?
Hope for soon answers!

Karin
christophe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 00:31
Hi there

I'm Chris i come from France, The alps, but actually i live in Toronto for 6 month already. This winter i wanna try to pass the winter season anywhere in BC where the montain are amazing!! So i'm looking for a job in this area and by the way i'm looking for an appartement or a roommate, more for a roommate for meet lots of people and have fun all togeter!! So if you have some informations how to get a job and if you have goods adress for roommate let me know please

Have fun bye
gerard_griffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerard_griffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 18:26
me and a mate of mine are doin more or less the same thing as yourselfs, finding it very hard to organise things and theirs a lot at stake if we don't succeed in getting a job (you know!) any leads?... accommodation?... jobs?... jobs?... and jobs?...

feel free to reply!
floydy50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydy50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 17:16
Hi,
I am arriving in Whistler on the 7th November, had accomodation sorted out but recently fell through.

Am keen to hear from anyone still searching for a place to stay/share etc, thats keen on skiing hard and partying hard.

I am semi looking for a job, not too fussy but bar work would be ideal if possible...

Gonna be an amazing 5 months!

Email me on Floydy50@hotmail.com about housing and jobs etc...
scottish rockhopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottish rockhopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 18:27

floydy, Im heading to whistler start of december, staying for a month then working east through BC to alberta. Im not going to work but just ski. Id be up for sharing a place for december...

note to anyone else, if anyone has a room going in whistler for december then give me a shout.

cheers

LilMissG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2007 at 01:54
just in the middle of getting my visa and sorting out job and accom - i got the job by emailing and faxing my cv to hotels... i spent 3 days doing this but it pays off in the end....
firthball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firthball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 01:46
hey all,
i'm looking at doing 08/09 season and this whole job/accommodation thing is peaking me out.

1. is it possible to get jobs beforehand (before job fair)?

2. Is it possible to get acccommodation beforehand as well, how do you do that?

Thanks Pete.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic