FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Work / Internship in South America

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aberaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aberaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Work / Internship in South America
    Posted: 19 July 2009 at 21:26

I'm looking for a job or intership in South America, but the main problem I'm finding is that apart from the fee to pay to agencies in order to find this job or internship, then, they aren't paid.

Does anyone have had any experience working abroad (I'm interested on working outside European Union, my preference is South American but I keep my mind open to other opportunities). Does someone have any recommendation??

I'm planning all this for next January!

Hope someone has had experience working abroad and can help me a little :)
gapgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gapgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 14:25
Hey!

I've had a job teaching English abroad before - not in South America, but in China. Best thing I ever did - had such a great time getting to know people out there. The company I got the job through were really helpful and they have paid teaching jobs in Ecuador (I think!) - they're called i-to-i and their website's http://www.onlinetefl.com. 

Hope it goes well - post back what you decide to do!

DaffyDawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaffyDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 11:29
I did some teaching in SA, with a company called Aventure Gap Year Projects. Had an amazing time - scary, for sure, but that soon went away. Definitely recommend doing it, the experience far outweighs the money side of it anyway. There's a great guide on the BBC website that helps with gap year stuff too.
aberaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aberaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 19:22

Hey! Thank you both for the information!! Unfortunately I think in my case I wouldn't be able to do the same... as I'm not a native English speaker... I've got CAE (Cambridge certificate, but in the first case, for example, I understood it wouldn't be useful...).

I visited the "Adventure Gap Year Projects" and it looks like a good option! I've sent a message to have more information about it.

My preference is to find some trainership as a journalist, but as it's difficult to find something payed... I'm open to other experiences! Working in different fields and different countries is great, and I've always though about a gap year. So... hope I can do it!! Thank you again for telling me about your experiences!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic