FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

!st time winter season???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
i love the sun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i love the sun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: !st time winter season???
    Posted: 23 October 2009 at 16:08
hi me and my friend r thinkin of goin anywhere but somewhere with snow 4 winter but... we cant ski weve only ever done summer seasons with loads of sun so has any1 got any advice where to start??? will it be easy enough to go and get a bar or waitressin job we would prefer to stay some where lively
any help will be great
thanks Star
amisurfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amisurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2009 at 17:45
the following websites will help you out
be warned post positions have been filled, so unless you have enough money saved for a month for accomodation and living to tide you over until january when some jobs open up it will be unlikely for you this year.
Bar jobs are the most sought after jobs only given to returners, friends and people who can speak the local lingo so you are unlikely to find that this year.
as you can't ski, guiding or repping isn't an option for you.
so it will be chalet hosting or cooking if you have that experience. They also usually ask for hospitality experience and the hours can be long with split shifts 7am-10.30am and then 4.30pm-9.30pm and all day on saturdays for transfers with one day off a week. The pay is poor and accomodation shared but those 6 hours a day on the mountain makes it all worth it at the end, so unless skiing or snowboarding is something you really think you will enjoy then maybe it isn't for you...... my advice would be to maybe have a skiing holiday somewhere this season see if you like it and then start applying for jobs next april for the 2010/2011 season. I have been doing seasons for 5 years now and I love it, it has its ups and downs but it is the best lifestyle for me.
good luck and I hope this helped
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic