FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UKOH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
faw1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 20:06
thanks liam..i hope youre right!!
izzy what kinda questions did they ask you? any really hard ones?
whats a hotel assistant job?
x
izzyscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote izzyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2009 at 21:19

o nothig hard..  just usual interview questions like 3 words to sum yourself up, unique selling point, why you want the job, she might ask about things o your cv nothing hard at all dont worry about it!!

general assistant is pretty much chalet host without the cooking.
let us know how you get on!! x
butes_blondie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butes_blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 01:21
Hey I got a job offer this morning, going to Meribel which will be awesome. Have never heard of anyone who has worked for this company before tho which kinda worries me - anyone know if they are okay to work for etc? Worked for Mark warner last year and I doubt anyone could be worse than them i hope.

Cheers
xx
faw1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 08:34
sorry to be a pain lol
What are good questions to ask at interview?
Do they ask you what you know about the company or resorts?
Thanks ! So nervous
davex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 11:26
Heya they asked me what resorts I had been to before but not if I knew anything about the company. I asked them questions like can my friends come and visit and can I take my car how much time will I be able to spend on the slopes/in the bar! Good luck!
mattyd1231 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattyd1231 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 23:55
got a job in courchevel 1850.housekeeper!!!! cant wait...any one else there?
faw1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2009 at 10:43
when did you all find out?
I had my interview on thursday and still not heard :(
faw1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2009 at 20:53
how long did it take you guys to hear?
im really starting to worry, cant wait any longer :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butes_blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 16:16
i heard the next day :( they are soooo bad in keeping in contact though I am still chacing them for a start date and to hear when my contract will be getting sent to me. U should just call them up and get a straight answer from them although you will have to speak to the French lady in their office who seems to answer the phone and not understand a word that anyone says lol

Does anyone know if they post it or e-mail it?
LIAM_21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIAM_21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 17:31
lol i love that french woman!! she doesnt hava clue does she.
they email u ur contract, finally got mine today! 3 months afta havin recieved my job offer and 2 days before i leave for france!!! that is how useless they are

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butes_blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 18:11
i just got mine at half 4 today. But it only had the staff handbook and the wage deduction thing in it, cant see a contract haha! useless! whats ur actual start date? that french woman is nuts she pretends she understands you but in actual fact she has no clue lol
LIAM_21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIAM_21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 18:46
i go on saturday to work a different resort fisrt, but my main contract starts on the 10th. The contract is the statement of employment attachment... or u not got tht??
faw1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 18:46
at least you all have jobs!
I'm getting really annoyed now. Yup I agree about the french woman, thank god I'm not the only one she can't understand.
Now they aren't even answering the bloody phone.. Ahhh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattyd1231 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 19:23
any one else still left wondering what exactly is included, not included after reading your contracts? specially in terms of accommodation situation! seems like a lot of administrative departments in ski companies struggle to do pretty simple things loll lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butes_blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 19:30
they seem to make things longer and more complicated than it should be. My contract with Mark Warner last year was a one page thing with a 2 page handbook - simple unlike that massive handbook they ahve sent out lol the accomidation is usually in hotel and u share with up to 4 people. yea they have basically forgotten to put my contract in the e-mail. i can tell they are gonna be great to work for lol x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattyd1231 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2009 at 19:31
haha skiing should make up for it
partyonthepiste View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partyonthepiste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2009 at 06:42
hey,
im off to work in meribel, im going to be leaving on the 7th of december, if anybody needs a lift out to the 3 vallys let me know as i know ukoh say you have to make your own way there,
got a van so equipment space is not a problem, just throw some fuel money in the pot and im sure we are all good. 2 seats avaliable.
peace ben
lexharvey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexharvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 14:16
hey All,

I am going with Izzy to France to work for Ski France through UKOH. We've been told we won't know resort until after our training in La plagne. We fly early on the 1st December from gatwick to Lyon.Anyone else-perhaps we can all meet at the airport?

Lex
davex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 19:24
Heya I fly out early on the first of December from gatwick, I'm working for ski France but going on my own so it would be good to meet some people before arriving in France!
lexharvey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexharvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 21:39
cool, well you can find me on facebook if you want.its Alexis Harvey-my profile pic is me standing in front of a mans cartoon face-you'll see what I mean.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic