FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SUCCESFUL TUI REPS 2010!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
Author
hollybonez View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollybonez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUCCESFUL TUI REPS 2010!!
    Posted: 11 November 2009 at 12:50
For all the people who have been offered the job so we can discuss in the next few months where we get placed, anything were nervous/excited about etc and all stay in touch!! sooooo what region did everybody get placed? i got greece/cyprus or turkey??
chris0191 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris0191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 13:55
Hi, I'm Chris.

Just got offered the job yesterday. How did you find out so early where you were being placed, Holly? I thought you didn't find out until March time around training period?

Are you holiday advisor or kips rep? I'm holiday advisor :)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollybonez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 14:04

holiday advisor too! no you find out the region when u get offered the job when they send through the contract (which will be in next couple of days) so its either canaries, balearics, mainland spain, greece/turkey/cyprus etc then end of january we find out exactley where were going so theyll tell you the airport like larnaca or corfu or zante etc, then on your training course they tell you which resort based on your personality! im well impressed at how quick and professional TUI have been, i sent my references off and they called me the next day to say they needed another reference, there really on the ball with it, the thomas cooks reps have been waiting weeks just to find out wether there through to the next stage of interviews!! x 

chris0191 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris0191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 14:17
Ah that's great! I thought we'd be left hanging in the balance until March! That's good to know, thanks!

Yeah, I was impressed too! TUI seem like they really care for and value their staff and I was really impressed at my assessment day. All the staff seemed like they loved their jobs and it was fasinating to learn about the company's culture and values. I'm looking forward to working for and representing them.

When did you have your assessment? I had mine on Saturday gone in Manchester. I was surprised I heard back so soon!
Tigger_Bee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigger_Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 14:26

i got offered the role as kids rep, but havent heard where i might be offered or anyone else that has been offered the role. I'm very nervous!!

im impressed that you guys heard back so quick hopefully i should find out my placement on fri as i got offered the role the day after my interview.

chris0191 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris0191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 14:32
Hey!

I suppose you being the only one you know being offered the role is a good sign! You must have impressed.

I added quite a few people on facebook after my interview and so far I know 4/6 have been offered the job.

I'm assuming that kids rep and holiday advisor may have different contract types etc and there may be different time scales etc. Although at my assessment day the girl who was there said that you can end up living with anyone working overseas, so really kids reps and the holiday reps are all interlinked!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigger_Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 15:34

yeah I heard that too. We could be roomies!! lol!

I keep checking my email everyday, I really want to know the ins and outs of it all. Potentially I could be away for 7 months. It seems so long but also so so exciting!!!

They said at the interview we would get told by email if we'd got the job in 5 working days (the interview was last friday) and then i got the phonecall on the saturday evening so was really stoked!! but now i have to wait for my contract which they said i should get by friday!
ashleigh1306 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleigh1306 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 16:39

TUI was a no 4 me Cry gutted...x

Varek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Varek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 16:44
Awww you're all getting to know if you got it! I went for an assesment with Thomas Cook on Sat and I'm still waiting!   Congrats guys!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigger_Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 16:56
I got my contract through today. Tough decision to make now!
chris0191 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris0191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 16:56
Sorry to hear that Ashleigh. Good luck with TC though!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollybonez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 17:30

tigger, u thinking of having second thoughts? what region u been offered? sorry to hear u didnt make it ashleigh xx

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigger_Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 17:44
only cos of the pay! haven't been offered a region. i guess i get that if i say yes or no!
im a bit confused with my contract so will have to give them a ring in the morning to check a few bits!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollybonez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 17:50
yea the pay looks a bit bad on paper doesnt it! my friend worked as a rep this year tho for tui and could sometimes come out with over 1000 euros a month with her comission, i suppose it depends wether u want to do it for the money or the experience? i dont think itll be that bad coz i only ave about £400 to spend purely on going out after ive payed rent/bills etc in the uk!! dont forget everything is payed for and everything we earn is just to pay for going out!!! we even get trips for free for something to do on our day off!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigger_Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 18:24
but the pay is different for kids reps and normal reps. you can boost yours with commission, which kids reps dont get.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollybonez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2009 at 18:51
aww right i see, have u looked into other tour ops to see if its better pay? im sure its not impossible to live on if its something you really wanna do otherwise nobody would do it! well be living on bread and water for 6 months! be dead skinny like! ha jokes x
Catherine* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 16:30

Hey, well done to everyone who got through :-) and good luck to others who didn't this time, as  a lot of good companies are still recruiting.

I got through and i'm really looking forward to Summer 2010 :-)! Ive just been reading through the posts, do many people know where their off to yet and are they happy with the destinations?
I got Cyprus/ Turkey/ Greece, which is okay though i'm not a great fan of Turkey :-(

I think the pay of £400 will be fine with commission, depending on the rate, does anyone know it? I used to work for Thomas Cook and you could live off your commission and keep your wage for good night outs and general living :-)

If anyones looking for better pay, for Childrens Club Jobs, In2Action sent me a contract though i decided general holiday advising is more for me after going to the Thomson Interview day. In2action is £560 per month, food included and apartment/hotel which is really good and it's part of First Choice, so a good company to work for i'm sure :-)! you can apply from their website and they just do phone interviews only

x
Varek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Varek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 16:36
Just to point out that In2Action isn't part of First Choice - They just do Kids Club in the Holiday VIllages and Canvas Holidays and Others..They are a separate company.

After you have passed the phone interview there is an assessment just like TUI but theirs lasts for 5/6 Days in the Isle of Wight - Unpaid ect. If you don't pass this you go home if you pass you go straight to resort. They also send people home during the week.

Congrats to those who got a job! I got mine with Thomas Cook! Cant Wait!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollybonez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 16:42
out of all the people i have spoke too who have the job with TUI everyone has got greece/turkey/cyprus!! Apparently they have taken on a extra 180properties in turkey this year due to its popularity last year! eeek i no it sounds spoilt but turkey would be my last preference! ha! x 
Catherine* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2009 at 16:48

Oh sorry, I got told it was and I thought it was correct, nevermind though. It's just they have First Choice Holiday Village Brochure's and In2Action is included, as you could say they work together as some of the Uniform is First Choice.

Good luck everyone anyway :-) x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
  Share Topic