New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Advice required!  Looking for paid work abroad...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice required! Looking for paid work abroad...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
spencey7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencey7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice required! Looking for paid work abroad...
    Posted: 27 January 2010 at 02:44
Hi all,

Apologies in advance for the forthcoming meandering-and-somewhat-abstract message, but any advice anyone could offer would be hugely appreciated.

I went on a round-the-world trip a few years ago (to Fiji, Australia and New Zealand) and loved every second of it.  I'm 29, have just completed a Master's degree and would love to go travelling again, but unfortunately would really need to make some money during any propective trip, as I'm pretty stony broke at the moment...  So -

I'm looking for suggestions for jobs to apply for, people to contact, companies to approach, websites/forums to check out, etc, etc.  I'm honestly not too fussed about the destination (or the job!) as long as I could be guaranteed to make some money during my stay, although I'd prefer to travel somewhere I hadn't been (the USA, Middle East, South America, most of Europe!).

I've thought about TEFL but can't afford the fees for the course at the moment.  I've looked at being a rep but have been told it's very easy to return from such resort jobs even further in debt.  Is that true?

I know I'm probably asking for the moon here, but if anyone has any suggestions they really would be hugely appreciated.  If you think you can help please do reply here, or send a PM - I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading, take care.

Edited by spencey7 - 27 January 2010 at 02:46
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic