FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YOMPS reviews - Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cementhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cementhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: YOMPS reviews - Help!
    Posted: 14 May 2010 at 09:45

I'm about to unload a vast amount of money on a 3 month trip with Yomps Adventure Travel Company which looks absolutely great. The website and employees I have spoken to know what they are talking about and the reviews on their website are, of course, fantastic.

However, I can't seem to find a single independent review online anywhere! Before I part with my money and set off I would love to hear from anyone that has used or heard of this company before. As usual, time is of the essence - if anyone is able to get back to me here I would be most grateful. How come they have so much on offer but nobody has chosen to publish any feedback on a site like this?!

Thanks in anticipation...

jjones91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjones91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 19:21
I'm looking to book something with Yomps to! Trip to ecuador, but I can't find anything on them either.
I have asked them to pass on some references/people to talk to and currently waiting to hear back from them-I'll let you know if and when that happens (hopefully within a week) x
jjones91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjones91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 19:35
I was directed here http://www.yomps.co.uk/travel-resources/articles/16595/yomps-reviews
Still trying to get to talk to real life people but looks to be fine.
cementhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cementhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 20:33
Thanks for the replies - I've seen the reviews that they post and the same ones appear time and again on different sites.  Like you, I would like to hear from someone who has experienced them personally but I'm still on the lookout.  I shall also post here if I do!

Ta
filmtheworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filmtheworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 20:00
Hi guys,

Well I am one trepid explorer that has been on a Yomps holiday! So here you go ..

I have always been a sportsman in one way or another, but none more so than paragliding. Last year I was looking for something a little more adventurous and above average, and so decided to go out to Switzerland on a Yomps paragliding instructor course. I've been paragliding for about 5 years now, and wanted to expand and build on what I already knew, plus experience flying in the Swiss alps. So what you read comes from a seasoned paragliding pilot!

What can I say about the experience? Well pretty speechless really, it was absolutely amazing!! Firstly let's take the fact that you are treated very much like you would be in a good hotel, but with that really personal touch, shall we mention three course meals in the evening with all the wine you can drink, in a cosy mountain lodge, with an open fire! Magical. Oh and the nights out in Verbier are pretty good too! So i'd say 5 out of 5 for accommodation not to mention hospitality, facilities and ease to all local amenities, plus culture! One thing you might want to check though is wether you're in a shared room! I didn't sleep for a while because of a snoring room buddy, but I'm pretty wired anyway so that would make sense (if your a light sleeper it may prove best to get your own room - though I am told that accommodation is now in single rooms?).

As for the paragliding and site access and hosting? What can I say, World class really. Good mountain take off's in all direction, potential for cross country flying when the conditions allow, and of course sunshine almost every day. I need to also mention the fantastic level of tuition offered by the instructors at the school, they will take you from zero to hero in about a week! (complete a paragliding course basically). The school is BHPA (British Hang Gliding Paragliding Association) registered, so you can be assured of a certain level of proficiency of the school.

I had a great time exploring the mountain ranges around Verbier, and there's plenty to do non-flying wise. I would not hesitate to recommend it. I will remember by fantastic experiences forever, and am planning to go back later this summer if I can!

Top notch,

Simon from Hampshire, UK.

plugz1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plugz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 05:36
Also thinking of going on one of these courses...The Patagonia mountaineering or the swiss ski course. (still deciding)
Has any of you got any more feedback about these guys?
How did you guys experience your trips?
Looking for anybody that can give me more info on the mountaineering course specifically.
Thanks
Katie914eva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie914eva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2010 at 19:06
Hi!
I booked on to the 3 month trip with YOMP'S Adventure Travel Company. I left the cold UK  and arrived to glorious sunshine in January 2010. I would recommend YOMP'S to anybody who is looking for a good, fun-filled adventure holiday. The entire trip was well organised with fully trained and professional guides that make you feel secure. The staff were all very welcoming and i made life long friends out of the other people in my group.

One peice of advice.... Embrace the culture and enjoy the once in a lifetime experiences... there will be many!!

Feel free to ask any specific questions to my email.
Katie914eva@hotmail.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic