Print Page | Close Window

Thomas cook training!

Printed From: Season Workers
Category: Summer jobs messageboard
Forum Name: Summer Resort Jobs
Forum Discription: Working, off to work or worked summer repping? General chat here...
URL: http://www.seasonworkers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3903
Printed Date: 06 July 2020 at 02:55
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.11 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Thomas cook training!
Posted By: jena666
Subject: Thomas cook training!
Date Posted: 06 March 2008 at 22:04
heyy all!!
so i got the call from thomas cook yesterday offering me the job (overseas rep) i have my training in bolton from the 7th may for 8days! cuz im not going out til june!
anyone else go to the interview on the 29th? or anyone else been for an interview with thomas cook and off to training?
i dont know what to expect im a little nervous but more excited than anything else!!
cant believe we get a choice of where we go =]
anyway thomas cook people!
get chatting Star
Jenna

Replies:
Posted By: dean211
Date Posted: 08 March 2008 at 15:14

Hi Jenna you will be fine i work with thomascook did last season in rhodes this year in crete your training in bolton will be easy, Lots of customer service and presentations they ask yu where u would like to go but is not always gauranteed, just be yourself and you will be fine. If you want any more info let me know

Posted By: ickle_charliexx
Date Posted: 09 March 2008 at 14:10
hey everyone! ive got thru the 1st stage wid the thomas cook overseas repping waiting to be called in for the acessment day!
Ive never done repping before but i kno i wud be fab at it!
Got a bunch of personallity for it"! Tongue
xxxxxxxxxxx

-------------
Charlotte Brazier

Date Posted: 09 March 2008 at 14:46
good luck charlotte

Date Posted: 09 March 2008 at 17:07
thanks dean. im a lil bit scared tho coz like i jus turned 18 and every1 is going to be more experienced than me! Like ive worked in a hospital for the last year so im good with personal care and giving patients what they want. I really hope i get thru coz i wud LOVE to do it! Smilexx

-------------
Charlotte Brazier

Date Posted: 09 March 2008 at 22:01
Hey Charlotte,
You will be fine last season in rhodes we had a couple of 18 yr olds and they did fine both going back this year so dont worry,
Where would you like to go

Date Posted: 09 March 2008 at 22:41
i dont mind at all where i go suppose like i dont mind spain or greece or sumfink like dat i rele dont mind. I rele hope i get in tho. U see wen ur onda job do u get holidays at all? coz ive got a holiday booked for the 18th of july to go to malia wid my friends bt i gotta feeling if i get dis job i wnt be alowd to go. xx

-------------
Charlotte Brazier

Date Posted: 10 March 2008 at 16:02
No you dont get holidays u get 1 1/2 days of a week but sometimes you may have to work these depending if any major problems happen

Date Posted: 10 March 2008 at 21:32
omg seriously.. so what shall i do about my holiday?

-------------
Charlotte Brazier

Date Posted: 11 March 2008 at 10:08
u will have to cancel it or not rep

Date Posted: 11 March 2008 at 16:29
that is if i get the job or not. i fink i mite jus worry about it round that time x

-------------
Charlotte Brazier

Date Posted: 11 March 2008 at 17:35
let me know how u get on

Posted By: jena666
Date Posted: 14 March 2008 at 00:06
immm soooo excited got my provisional contract thru today wooooooo

-------------
Thomas Cook Overseas Resort Rep 2008!!!

Date Posted: 14 March 2008 at 00:07
nice one jenna

Posted By: jodiew
Date Posted: 08 April 2008 at 15:03
Hi guys i have got my interview with Thomas Cook tomorrow!!! i no i can do it but just abit nervous!

anyone got an pointers?

Jodie xx

Posted By: jodiew
Date Posted: 14 April 2008 at 12:09
Hiya!!! i got the call the other day i have got a job with Thomas Cook as well, my traingin is on the same time as yours :) :)

jodie xx

Posted By: kerri1987
Date Posted: 20 April 2008 at 12:16
hey im jus waiting to find  out if i got the job of overseas childrens rep with thomas cook if i have been offered a job ill be doing my 8days training in bolton ... x  Tongue

Date Posted: 22 April 2008 at 18:05
i got my training in bolton on 7th of may for 8 days!!! get sent out straight after :D

Posted By: hazelxiii
Date Posted: 22 April 2008 at 21:19
Hi Everyone,
I'm going to be gonig to the training session in Bolton on the 11th June, I was just wondering if anyone else on here will be going to that one?
I'm so looking forward to getting out to the resort and finding out for myself what repping in really like!
I'd love to end up going to anywhere in greece!
Anyway, hope everyone gets on well with there assessment days and training, and I look forward to meeting some of you!

Date Posted: 23 April 2008 at 08:50
good luck everyone!!
hope u all have a great time ...
i no i will Big%20smile

-------------
Children's Rep ( Thomas Cook ) 2008 ...

Posted By: rayson90
Date Posted: 23 November 2008 at 08:57
Hey Guys I'm New to all of this... I have just got a dat for my assessment day for a thomas cook overseas escapades rep... im realy excited but very nervous too !!:D I was wondering if anyonecould help me and gie me a bit of a heads up about what to expect at the assessment day!! Thanks all, LeLe xxx

Posted By: rayson90
Date Posted: 23 November 2008 at 09:00
Heeyy Im from notts to..:D im really excited i have got to get through my assessment day yet tho :D xx

Posted By: m4rc
Date Posted: 26 November 2008 at 15:12
I applyed for thomas cook today, how long do they take to tell ya if you have got through to an assesment day??

Posted By: Lisa345
Date Posted: 26 November 2008 at 20:50
I got a text message off them about a week after I'd applied.  Thomas cook are quite strange as they don't do anything online.  They text you to say that you've got to ring them to book you interview and then they send you everything by post.  Don't know why they don't do it on line!

-------------
Lisa

Posted By: hazelxiii
Date Posted: 29 November 2008 at 11:42

Hi, when I had my assesment day come through they phoned me the day before and invited me then the day after my assesment they phoned and offered me the job so I'd say just carry on like normal until you hear something or phone them and show them you and really keen, it could work in your favour. Good luck.

Posted By: Talie
Date Posted: 29 November 2008 at 17:41

That was quick I had my assessment day yesterday was told to wait 7-10 days for a phone call, I hate waiting but guess I cant do anything but keep busy till I get the call, How long do you think it will take to get the call?

-------------
Thomas Cook Rep 2009

http://www.signaturebar.com/">

Posted By: EveF
Date Posted: 15 October 2010 at 13:14
Hi Guys..
I've an assessment day to attend on 13th Nov.. thought you lot would be the best to ask for pointers and advice for the presentation bit as you's all have the jobs!

I've applied for Escapades, soo nervous.. Flying over to England on 12th and Assesment is on 13th..

Has anyone any advice they can give me?? :)

Posted By: jay2311
Date Posted: 08 March 2011 at 13:42
Hi Guys 

Anyone attend Manchester on Saturday for the assement day, if so has anyone heard back as yet?

-------------
Jamie

Posted By: beti
Date Posted: 10 March 2011 at 17:55
Hi,
I will be attending Thomas Cook assesment in Birmingham next week. I will be appreciate for any advises for group and individual quizes and tasks you had on your assesment.  

-------------
Beata

Date Posted: 11 March 2011 at 01:15
Hi Beata 

Cant really advise what the day will consist of as it is different for everyone 

the only advice i can give you is just be relaxed, friendly and if they have asked you to prepare a 2 min presentation dont over prepare yourself!

obviously choose a subject and find out abit of information on it, but i wouldn't try reading from script just free with your speech and not sound like a robot.

If your not used to speaking in front on large groups  of people try not to break under pressure just stay calm and relaxed and you should sail through the induction day. 

if your group is anything like mine then you feel really welcomed and already part of a team within a few minutes so that helps you to relax

just stay calm, relaxed and be friendly and you will be fine

let me know how u get on or if you need any more information

-------------
Jamie

Posted By: EveF
Date Posted: 11 March 2011 at 09:37
jay2311.. wot kinda rep are you?

-------------
Job: Overseas Escapades Rep
Company: Thomas Cook
Area:
Resort:

Date Posted: 12 March 2011 at 00:51
Im not haha, ive applied to be an overseas rep i had the assesement last week and they said it should be some time next week to get back to us so fingers crossed

-------------
Jamie

Posted By: stevie_boro
Date Posted: 12 March 2011 at 09:07
Hey Jay, i attended an assessment on the 5th aswell in Manchester on the afternoon mind. I hav'nt heard anything either am sure it will be early next week mind the waiting us unbearable !

Date Posted: 13 March 2011 at 01:08
i know its killing me, ive been working millions of shift at the pub and long hours just to keep my mind off it. but everytime i have a break i still check my phone for missed calls or emails 

-------------
Jamie

Posted By: amzc89
Date Posted: 13 March 2011 at 14:38
hi i had my assement day last sat but havent heard any thing back yet? do you find out either way if you got the job or not and how long does it take to find out if you have? many thanks amy x

Date Posted: 13 March 2011 at 18:36
Thank you Jamie for warm words:) I hope I will be ok during presentation, i did them a lot during my studies and also had tour pilot course which kind of give me chance speak with big audience. But you never know....of course. Kind of worry for other quizes/tests......also not sure if the references from my managers will be enough for thomas cook....They send me a list but i dont know any policeman or other people who knows me for 5 years....Would you have any ideas about that?

Beata

-------------
Beata

Date Posted: 13 March 2011 at 18:53
Hi Beata 

Ive put down just manager from past employers so fingers crossed they should all be fine for me. I Think the list they provide is more for students who have just left education and may not have employer references. You should be fine and good luck

Amy, I dont think any of us have heard back yet, i believe they do let us know either way which should be wednesday at the latest 

Good luck to all 

-------------
Jamie

Date Posted: 13 March 2011 at 19:08

Thanks Jamie, yeah hope managers should be ok, I will bring references with me anyway...So hows ur presentation went? Did many people prepare some folders,brochures etc? Or ust mostly talk about place? When I talk with girl from recruitment on friday she told me the way how I will talk its the most important. I just wish to close my eyes and let my memories bring back and share with everybody...

Beata

-------------
Beata

Date Posted: 13 March 2011 at 19:28
Hi Beata 

Some people did take along props which helped them, myself i just talked! i prepared a speech but i got up in front of my group and just started to talk and left the speech in the folder and i didnt want to sound like a robot reading from a peice of paper

Just do what will make you feel more comfortable

I would say keep your eyes open haha dont close them although its easier, just talk to the group and just remember they are all in same boat as you are 

when is your assessment? 

-------------
Jamie

Date Posted: 13 March 2011 at 19:57
I think I will do speach as well...as all my books,maps and brochures left at home in Poland. My assesment is on the 19 march in Birmingham. 
Beata 

-------------
Beata

Date Posted: 13 March 2011 at 20:11
Good Luck

Let me know how you get on

-------------
Jamie

Posted By: Attila2011
Date Posted: 16 March 2011 at 14:04
Hey,

Luckily I have passed my assessment day and am currently on hold. Is there anyone on here who is on hold as well or do you know of anyone in the same shoes. After how many weeks are they likley to phone with a firm offer?
Cheers,

-------------
Attila

Date Posted: 17 March 2011 at 16:07
Hey Attila 

I am in the same boat ive passed my assessment so i happy about that but i just need to wait to see what happens now 

-------------
Jamie

Posted By: Attila2011
Date Posted: 17 March 2011 at 17:36
ok, it's nice to hear I'm not the only one. :) Keep in touch.

-------------
Attila

Date Posted: 17 March 2011 at 17:43
And you, fingers crossed for us people do pull out 

-------------
Jamie

Date Posted: 18 March 2011 at 14:42
Im having assesment tomorrow, just preparing my speach and see 2mins is not much time to say everything so its such a short time,keep making shorter and shorter what i really want to say and present destination...do they keep measuring time?

-------------
Beata

Date Posted: 19 March 2011 at 02:03
yeah they do, but that 2 minutes feels like forever 

good luck for today now haha

-------------
Jamie

Date Posted: 19 March 2011 at 04:42
Coudnt sleep all nite! Going for my flight now to Birmingham, so tired!! Will be landing @ 7:30 am in Birmingham so hope  i will be on time in hotel. Cut some stuff from my presentation when i checked my email today from u! so should be 2 mins now and few sec. Staying overnight in Birmingham as coming back tomorrow. Hope we both will be sukcessfull and meet one day! I will let u know when i'll be back to Dublin hows goes. Hope I will pass this assesment! Thanks Jamie for reply!

-------------
Beata

Date Posted: 21 March 2011 at 13:03
GOOD LUCK

-------------
Jamie

Posted By: Memo
Date Posted: 27 March 2011 at 21:15
Any1 starting traing on 9th April ???

Date Posted: 28 March 2011 at 01:35
im not :-( im on hold still 

-------------
Jamie

Posted By: nessquick89
Date Posted: 28 March 2011 at 07:46
Im training in Mallorca on 16th.....ESCAPADES REP!!!  :)

Good luck everyone on hold.....im pretty sure youl all get placments......lots of Rep come on durin season xxxx

-------------
Escapades Rep 2011! Gonna be the best !! Training 16th April in Mallorca :)

Posted By: emmsieb80
Date Posted: 30 March 2011 at 23:57
I'm going to be training on the 9th of april, but as an overseas administrator, im so excited!

Date Posted: 18 April 2011 at 11:20
anyone training as of next Saturday??

-------------
Jamie

Posted By: AJayBaby
Date Posted: 18 April 2011 at 13:50
I am starting this Saturday 23rd?! NERVOUS MUCH!!!

Date Posted: 18 April 2011 at 14:05
I cant wait, little nervous! started pack already! 

U flying to palma on sat???

-------------
Jamie

Posted By: Chrystelle Cormorech
Date Posted: 18 April 2011 at 18:58
Hi Dean,

I've been accepted to go to my induction course in Mallorca and I have few questions before leaving!!!
How much did you get pay per month?because I saw on the contract that it's only £150???
How did you find the experience??Does it really worth it??
I would appreciate if you could let me know about your experience...
Thank you very much

Posted By: Howeim009
Date Posted: 06 November 2018 at 13:31
Hello I have been accepted to go to the service academy in March for Thomas Cook is there still a chance I may not get the job. I’m just nervous as I don’t know what to expect at the training.

Posted By: foois
Date Posted: 14 March 2020 at 08:45
What are these trainings about? If I am from https://areacodes.net/214" rel="nofollow - https://areacodes.net/214 area, can I participate as well? Please tell me where I can learn all the requirements. I suppose I can apply online, right? And I would be very helpful to read the feedback from those who attended this type of training. Tell us how everything passed. Please also let us know the critical things to be prepared for.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.11 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2012 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk