Print Page | Close Window

ANYONE WORKING WITH ESPRIT

Printed From: Season Workers
Category: Ski resort jobs and season workers chat
Forum Name: Ski jobs - chat, questions and advice
Forum Discription: Post your questions and help others to get working ski seasons
URL: http://www.seasonworkers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=474
Printed Date: 27 October 2020 at 07:17
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.11 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: ANYONE WORKING WITH ESPRIT
Posted By: eggmanfoo
Subject: ANYONE WORKING WITH ESPRIT
Date Posted: 08 November 2005 at 10:53
Is anyone out there working wit Esprit travel tis seaon in Chamonix. I am and was just lookin to break the ice before we got there...
Anyone worked for Esprit in Cham in the past????????

-------------
destiny has given me a chance

Replies:
Posted By: malibulucy
Date Posted: 08 November 2005 at 18:44
Hey im working with esprit just dont know where yet. im doing high season kids club so i will only get to know where im going a little bit before i go. what are you doing? cham is a good place to work regardless of who you work for you will have some fun :)

Lucy

Date Posted: 09 November 2005 at 14:41
kitchen porter/night porter....pretty crap job really, but i have been told it is the job that gets most time on the slopes...
stuff working wi the kids......that must be murder......maybe ill see you out in cham, maybe not.....
you sound like you have done this sort of thing before...so any advice....you kno on getting some cheap/discounted stuff, drinks etc, or any general tips

-------------

Date Posted: 09 November 2005 at 19:47
urm not worked for a ski company before just a summer company and done a year in canada but what i will say that i realised this summer is that when you have a uniform to wear you really do not need many of your own clothes! honestly you will be spending most of your time either in the uniform or in your ski gear so you will only need a few things for when your not working/sking and going out though when i was in verbier this winter on hols everyone just went to the bar in their ski stuff so you wont need anything mind you in cham it is a bit of a classier resort, wrt discounts just ask some shops will give you a discount because you are living there "locals discount" as they hike the prices up in the resorts, also get to know as many people as possible who work at the bars etc and then you are mor elikely to get a free drink or 2!

i have never worked with kids before and cant say it would of ben my first choice but you know im going to be out there sledging and building snowmen etc so i think it will be fun beat cleaning toilets anway! pot washing is a sh*tty job but you will get most time on the slopes and if your kitchen crew is a good laugh then you will have a good
time

oh and look out for sale stuff here now ski wise if you are wanting to get some stuff as it WILL be cheaper here than in resort especially cham!

when are you going out?

Lucy x

Date Posted: 16 November 2005 at 09:27
leaving fleet just outside london on 30/11.....to travel by coach (sh*te) to tigne for a week training course...then onto cham. Ta for all the info....it puts my mind at ease cos never done ought like this before.....
I have all my snowboard stuff already....ive built it up over the years/months...
So clarify the discount thing....if I network and tell ski shops i work out thee...i may get locals discount....this will certainly help as I have the odd friend coming out to see me an this ma help with hiring of equipment etc....
How are you getting out thee and where and when you going...

-------------

Date Posted: 16 November 2005 at 15:33
yup that is how it works pretty much just ask and the worst they can do is say no!
Still no idea where im going or when im hoping for a call in the next few weeks as really want to get it sorted get planning etc but cant go before the 15th of Dec coz of exams so i have a feeling they may call me on like the 11th or something stupid!!

im just worried i have to get myself to fleet that is a freaking long way with a snowboard from bonny scotland am hoping they will fly me as there will only be me not like a full training thing as season has already started! to be fair though think i am wishing for too much!!

you must be getting excited though!

Lucy x

Date Posted: 16 November 2005 at 16:11
yeah and no. just been doing my house up to rent it out, which has caused me more stress than enough. Think its train for me to fleet, which involves lugging my backpack and snowboard bag for 1 km to the pick up., and then a training course to tell me how to wash pots, etc. I have been told that the course also involves team building exercises....so im working on my raft building skills.
Then its off to cham and hopefully a lot of tyime on the slopes....
Im getting £240 a month which I think is the bottom of the barrell so to speak, prob not as much as the kiddie lookerafterers

-------------

Date Posted: 16 November 2005 at 16:12
also got to sort out all my admin, like personal possessions insurance for the season......any ideas, cos a load of companies that i have tried only do full injury and possessions cover, and seen as tEsprit give me injury cover, I aint paying for somehting I don`t need

-------------

Date Posted: 16 November 2005 at 19:06
urm oh i did know one i will see if i can find it! let me tell you right now you are making more money than i will i can make more money in a day than i will earn per week i nearly died choking when they told me how much i will earn and the worst thing is i know if i worked in the restaurant (which is where i wanted to and is what i do best) i would of earnt more but well cant all be picky just get what i am given and i am looking forward to being outside more and hopefully more board time though need a lesson or 2 me thinks. i think the insurance was called go travel insurance or something just google it and see what comes up

Luc x

PS actually worked out we are earning the same so i am there with ya at the bottom of ye olde barrel and somehow do not think you will need raft building skills in november unless they are so very very cruel!

Posted By: Jayjay
Date Posted: 21 November 2005 at 19:25
Hey,
I'm working for E'sprit this yr! its my first ski season and am really excited! nerves havn't set in yet, although i'm sure they will. I've not been told where i'm going although i have asked to go to Val d'isere! can't wait to go and meet loadsa cool people.

-------------
XFunkymonkeyX

Date Posted: 21 November 2005 at 21:48
just read this so ignore all the questions on other thread.....so you looking forward to the bus ride?????i think i am gonna sneak some vodka and coke on board to help pass the time

-------------

Date Posted: 22 November 2005 at 16:15
ah yeh the dreaded bus journey! that is gonna suck big time, i think sneeking on some vody is the way to go! we'll get pissed and pass out together, if were on the same coach anyway!

-------------
XFunkymonkeyX

Posted By: pecunia
Date Posted: 06 August 2006 at 15:02
Hello

Just got KPNP job with esprit for 06/07 season in chamonix

How did last season go for you lot? I think Chalet Hotel Sapinière is the only esprit hotel in chamonix (i could well be wrong) so i'll probably be working there.

Any tips?

-------------
Chamonix 06/07!!!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: 06 August 2006 at 18:37
hey Pecunia,

I worked in Les Arcs 2000 as a Nanny ranger, it was awsome! had the best time ever, although Les arcs is a small resort with only a few bars but u make it what it is!
Chamonix is well nice, think ur right about the chalet, there is usually only ever 1 chalet hotel in each resort sometimes 2, Chamonix is more a night life place, not one of the best resorts for skiing, great for beginners though! believe me you probably won't be doing much skiing if you go so Chamonix although as you a host then u'll get quite a bit of time to ski, unlike the childcare staff, which sucked! I did my training in Val d'isere but i think all the host do there training in Les Arcs 2000, so u'll see what i mean about how small it is! but excellent skiing there but unfortunately the resort won't be open when ur doing ur training so u won't be able to get out on the slopes there.
any tips...take a pillow u'll need it for the coach journey over it took us 19 hours to get to Val, don't worry to much about taking loads of stuff to last you the season, like toiletries, just get them over there, or get someone to send u stuff out when ur there! Be warned you will spend ALOT and i mean ALOT of money while ur out there so don't think u'll be able to save cos you won't! a vodka and coke will cost you about 6 euro's which is about £4 but wine is cheap or cheaper at about 3 euro's.(£2) if you got any more questions just ask, i might be going back out again this season during the holidays but have to see yet!
well have a good season if i don't hear from u again! P.S january is f**king freezing -28* on some occasions brrrr!
cya. jen

-------------
XFunkymonkeyX

Posted By: curlyces
Date Posted: 28 September 2006 at 18:52
hey!! im off to tignes to be a snow ranger with esprit! hehe all excited
has anyone been there?? but they said my training was in les arcs?
any one else going? cer xx

Posted By: emmmmmmmm
Date Posted: 15 October 2006 at 22:08
Im a newbie this year too - anyone else going to Tignes ? IM SO EXCITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH oh and anyone going to the staff soiree on sat ? ? ? ? ?

i really must get organsized, havnt really started yet, anymore tips abou anything would be Fabulous wahooooooooooooooooooo

Date Posted: 16 October 2006 at 09:04
hey! does anyone know wat the accomodation is like they put us in?
is it gona freezin cold?!!! im taking it we dont need to take bedding?

cer x

Date Posted: 16 October 2006 at 22:28
i hope its lovely accomodation with a beautiful view and a teeny weeny bit of privacy and space to hide people :D ie under beds, in wardrobes, behind curtains etc
i dont think we need bedding as its not on the items lists...hrm what do u have to do as a snow ranger then ? x em

Date Posted: 17 October 2006 at 17:41
if the accomodation is as good as that ill be impresed!!!

snow rangers entertain the childrens clubs, take to ski school etc etc!
so should be fun! hehe!! really excited now!

what job ya doing? you going out 29th too? cer x

Date Posted: 17 October 2006 at 20:23
im doing the hotel/chalet assistanting hard work but i reckon i need to tone up !!!! your job sounds fun !!! loads of lil nightmares everyday oh but its the best haha
im going out on the 30th im afraid which is a poo because no one else who is going to Tignes and leaving on the 30th has found this sight yet boohoooooooo
did u say ur going to the staff soiree tho ? see ya there if u r !!! if im brave i might wave to ya lol (oh just thought i have no idea what u look like o well will guess)

Date Posted: 17 October 2006 at 20:44
no afraid cant make it im up visiting firends in aberdeen this
weekend but im sure ill see ya in tignes! have you been assigned a
chalet yet or dya get told wen yoou arrive? :)

Date Posted: 17 October 2006 at 20:55
aaaawww no thats a shame - i reckon il get assigned to a random poncy leaking no shower chalet as soon as i get ther oh im so excited AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH keep in touch - oh have my email emmmmmmmm@hotmail.co.uk ciao !!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.11 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2012 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk