Print Page | Close Window

SUCCESFUL TUI REPS 2010!!

Printed From: Season Workers
Category: Summer jobs messageboard
Forum Name: Summer Resort Jobs
Forum Discription: Working, off to work or worked summer repping? General chat here...
URL: http://www.seasonworkers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8331
Printed Date: 28 September 2022 at 00:56
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.11 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: SUCCESFUL TUI REPS 2010!!
Posted By: hollybonez
Subject: SUCCESFUL TUI REPS 2010!!
Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 12:50
For all the people who have been offered the job so we can discuss in the next few months where we get placed, anything were nervous/excited about etc and all stay in touch!! sooooo what region did everybody get placed? i got greece/cyprus or turkey??

Replies:
Posted By: chris0191
Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 13:55
Hi, I'm Chris.

Just got offered the job yesterday. How did you find out so early where you were being placed, Holly? I thought you didn't find out until March time around training period?

Are you holiday advisor or kips rep? I'm holiday advisor :)

Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 14:04

holiday advisor too! no you find out the region when u get offered the job when they send through the contract (which will be in next couple of days) so its either canaries, balearics, mainland spain, greece/turkey/cyprus etc then end of january we find out exactley where were going so theyll tell you the airport like larnaca or corfu or zante etc, then on your training course they tell you which resort based on your personality! im well impressed at how quick and professional TUI have been, i sent my references off and they called me the next day to say they needed another reference, there really on the ball with it, the thomas cooks reps have been waiting weeks just to find out wether there through to the next stage of interviews!! x 

Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 14:17
Ah that's great! I thought we'd be left hanging in the balance until March! That's good to know, thanks!

Yeah, I was impressed too! TUI seem like they really care for and value their staff and I was really impressed at my assessment day. All the staff seemed like they loved their jobs and it was fasinating to learn about the company's culture and values. I'm looking forward to working for and representing them.

When did you have your assessment? I had mine on Saturday gone in Manchester. I was surprised I heard back so soon!

Posted By: Tigger_Bee
Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 14:26

i got offered the role as kids rep, but havent heard where i might be offered or anyone else that has been offered the role. I'm very nervous!!

im impressed that you guys heard back so quick hopefully i should find out my placement on fri as i got offered the role the day after my interview.

Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 14:32
Hey!

I suppose you being the only one you know being offered the role is a good sign! You must have impressed.

I added quite a few people on facebook after my interview and so far I know 4/6 have been offered the job.

I'm assuming that kids rep and holiday advisor may have different contract types etc and there may be different time scales etc. Although at my assessment day the girl who was there said that you can end up living with anyone working overseas, so really kids reps and the holiday reps are all interlinked!

Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 15:34

yeah I heard that too. We could be roomies!! lol!

I keep checking my email everyday, I really want to know the ins and outs of it all. Potentially I could be away for 7 months. It seems so long but also so so exciting!!!

They said at the interview we would get told by email if we'd got the job in 5 working days (the interview was last friday) and then i got the phonecall on the saturday evening so was really stoked!! but now i have to wait for my contract which they said i should get by friday!

Posted By: ashleigh1306
Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 16:39

TUI was a no 4 me Cry gutted...x

Posted By: Varek
Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 16:44
Awww you're all getting to know if you got it! I went for an assesment with Thomas Cook on Sat and I'm still waiting!   Congrats guys!

Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 16:56
I got my contract through today. Tough decision to make now!

Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 16:56
Sorry to hear that Ashleigh. Good luck with TC though!

-------------
TUI Overseas Rep 2010!

Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 17:30

tigger, u thinking of having second thoughts? what region u been offered? sorry to hear u didnt make it ashleigh xx

Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 17:44
only cos of the pay! haven't been offered a region. i guess i get that if i say yes or no!
im a bit confused with my contract so will have to give them a ring in the morning to check a few bits!

Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 17:50
yea the pay looks a bit bad on paper doesnt it! my friend worked as a rep this year tho for tui and could sometimes come out with over 1000 euros a month with her comission, i suppose it depends wether u want to do it for the money or the experience? i dont think itll be that bad coz i only ave about £400 to spend purely on going out after ive payed rent/bills etc in the uk!! dont forget everything is payed for and everything we earn is just to pay for going out!!! we even get trips for free for something to do on our day off!!

Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 18:24
but the pay is different for kids reps and normal reps. you can boost yours with commission, which kids reps dont get.

Date Posted: 11 November 2009 at 18:51
aww right i see, have u looked into other tour ops to see if its better pay? im sure its not impossible to live on if its something you really wanna do otherwise nobody would do it! well be living on bread and water for 6 months! be dead skinny like! ha jokes x

Posted By: Catherine*
Date Posted: 12 November 2009 at 16:30

Hey, well done to everyone who got through :-) and good luck to others who didn't this time, as  a lot of good companies are still recruiting.

I got through and i'm really looking forward to Summer 2010 :-)! Ive just been reading through the posts, do many people know where their off to yet and are they happy with the destinations?
I got Cyprus/ Turkey/ Greece, which is okay though i'm not a great fan of Turkey :-(

I think the pay of £400 will be fine with commission, depending on the rate, does anyone know it? I used to work for Thomas Cook and you could live off your commission and keep your wage for good night outs and general living :-)

If anyones looking for better pay, for Childrens Club Jobs, In2Action sent me a contract though i decided general holiday advising is more for me after going to the Thomson Interview day. In2action is £560 per month, food included and apartment/hotel which is really good and it's part of First Choice, so a good company to work for i'm sure :-)! you can apply from their website and they just do phone interviews only

x

Date Posted: 12 November 2009 at 16:36
Just to point out that In2Action isn't part of First Choice - They just do Kids Club in the Holiday VIllages and Canvas Holidays and Others..They are a separate company.

After you have passed the phone interview there is an assessment just like TUI but theirs lasts for 5/6 Days in the Isle of Wight - Unpaid ect. If you don't pass this you go home if you pass you go straight to resort. They also send people home during the week.

Congrats to those who got a job! I got mine with Thomas Cook! Cant Wait!

Date Posted: 12 November 2009 at 16:42
out of all the people i have spoke too who have the job with TUI everyone has got greece/turkey/cyprus!! Apparently they have taken on a extra 180properties in turkey this year due to its popularity last year! eeek i no it sounds spoilt but turkey would be my last preference! ha! x 

Date Posted: 12 November 2009 at 16:48

Oh sorry, I got told it was and I thought it was correct, nevermind though. It's just they have First Choice Holiday Village Brochure's and In2Action is included, as you could say they work together as some of the Uniform is First Choice.

Good luck everyone anyway :-) x

Date Posted: 12 November 2009 at 16:51
Holly, i agree there, it's mine too! I'd love to get Greece or Cyprus, though i'm sure Turkey would be good even if it's not first preference, as the team and job will make it a great summer hopefully :-)!

Date Posted: 12 November 2009 at 17:46
yea deffo, dont get me wrong i love turkey i been loads, but i dunno something about living theere just doesnt appeal to me as much as greece or cyprus! got my heart set on ayia napa tho!! i reallllllllllly want it! althoguh i no wont get it coz its sods law! ha! is it your first time as a rep catherine? u leavin much behind to go? x

Date Posted: 12 November 2009 at 18:24

I know exactly what you mean! theres something a bit more appealing to living in Cyprus and Greece. i think Turkey is great for holidays and is beautiful! though i worked there last summer for Thomas Cook as a Rep and i found is a bit scary to live there at first actually :/ you get used to it though, it's just a completely different culture to Cyprus and Greece. Ayia Napa would be such a good summer! i bet quite a few people want to go there. i've got in my mind it's Turkey where i'll be going though, i see it that if you do Turkey this Summer, you won't have to do it again, you normally get a choice afterwards :-)

I worked for Thomas Cook in Turkey- Marmaris last summer and Greece- Lemnos this summer and worked in France for a same Holiday Company, though i decided to leave the company for good as i just found it really unorganised and stressful, i felt like i never even got a day off, as they always wanted me to do something and i never got time to go out at all or enjoy working there. I always heard TUI was good and the TUI Reps were always really happy and loved their job, so i thought seem's so I love the actualy job i'll give it another go, hopefully TUI will be great :-) I love travelling and my friends and family can always come visit, so i might as well give it another go :-)!

What about you, is this your first time working as a Rep, are you looking forward to going away? :-) x

Date Posted: 12 November 2009 at 18:48
yea this is my first time, bit scary as ive had to leave loads behind but its my dream and ive always wanted to do it! i cant wait! my friend worked in marmaris for thomas cook one year and she said it was horrendous!! ha! she said coz the transfer was so long and so many night flights she never got time to sleep! and she lived in a dark street miles away from resort she said it was scary? she only lasted a few weeks and moved herself to menorca she c**t hack it! lemnos? never even heard of it! is it quiet there? im gonna start convincing myself im gonna turkey and then i wont be disappointed! i just cant wait to find out now gotta wait til january! TUI are amazing to work for i already work for them in the agents! loadsa my friends been reps for them and loved it they treat you really well aparrantly xx

Date Posted: 12 November 2009 at 19:10
I'd never heard of Lemnos too until got over there, as i'd been to other places in Greece before. They only have a handful of Hotels on the Island and that's the only tour operator there :/ it's such a small island, you can drive around it in  5minutes and it has one club called "kinkys" ahah :/ The Island is really beautiful and the weather is great, though after working there months, you get really, really bored as there's not a lot for anyone to do and everyone stayed round the hotel! really good for holidays for some people, just not good if you'd prefer working somewhere more busier with more people.
On the other hand Marmaris lives 24 hours a day though the tranfers were 2 and half hours long for Dalaman, i think Reps would be lieing if you said they never fell alseep on transfers as i found myself doing that on the night duties :/ aha. It's just a really busy place to be and you don't really get that much sleep in all honestly. I think the general job of a rep is great and it's really fun, just you have to have lots of energy to keep going the full season and balance work and socalising as you want to get on with the team too :-)!
It's really worth doing and you'll be an even better Rep i'm sure if you do a season in Turkey because it's probably one of the busiest places they go and you can always pick where you want to go the next season once you've proved you can do that season well and you enjoy it :-)
Plus you'll meet loads of new people in your team and if you get Turkey it's a really big team, so there's loads of people to get along with and that's always a good thing :-)
Icmeler in Turkey, is the next resort from Marmaris and they moved me there for a month and i can understand what your friend said, as it's probably the same type of thing but Thomas Cook moved me out of staff apartments as someone dropped out and they wanted me to take her place in Icmeler, so I had to live in a house with an experience rep and her turkish boyfriend :/ it was a nightmare and it was in the middle of nowhere and the transfers buses couldn't get to it, so i had to walk on my own in the dark. I don't think TUI would do that all, hopefully not and i wouldn't want to put you off either, as it is a great job like i said before :-) it's just finding the right company, who care for their staff and TUI said they do :-) xx

Date Posted: 12 November 2009 at 19:16

OMG! i would not enjoy to share with a older rep and her turkish boyfriend Confused haha!! tui wouldnt let the fella live there anyway i dont think? i bet that was really strange and made u feel uncomfortable!! lemnos sounds lovely but really not my scene id be bore off after a week haha! im sure theyll put me somewere lively as i have quite a lively personality! i thought alot more people would have got spain for first season i was so happy i didnt get canaries i deffo wanted greece/turkey or cyprus as i prefer the culture! itl be good if we end up on the same training course! when was ur asessment day we may have been at the same one?! im soooooooooooo excited i just cant wait for april to come round now! its too much waiting around for my liking!

Date Posted: 12 November 2009 at 19:27
I don't think TUI would do the same as Thomas Cook, I don't even think they were completely aware that her Turkish boyfriend had moved in :/ I hated it and i felt really uncomfortable living in the house with them and I didn't know anything about him too! :/ TUI has to beat that whole situation and be a lot better as I never hear anything bad about the Reps!. I was on the 7th of Manchester, what about you? :-) I'm really excited about it too, I can't wait for it to be April and it's my birthday on the 12th, so i'm really looking forward to it :-)! i hate the waiting though, i wish it was happening next month! aha. We might be on the same training course :-) at the end we find out where were going, their meant to match your resort with your personality, which is good :-) asd you'll get somewhere your most likely to enjoy working xx

Date Posted: 12 November 2009 at 19:30
mine was on the 5th at manchester! did many get through from your day? well wel ave to stay in touch and let eachother no which region we get when we find out in january! then it can be a big **** up party for ur bday! ha! my birthday in august so ill be out for mine too! woop!

Date Posted: 12 November 2009 at 19:41
Yeah :-) Birthday in resort will be really good! and we will. do you have facebook? x

Posted By: richb
Date Posted: 12 November 2009 at 23:08
Aup everyone :P

Congrats to everyone who has made it..... cant wait to meet you all.... the pay might be rubbish on paper but think, you taxes are paid, flights, accom, you get commision on your sales and if you get on with the hotleiers and bar/restaraunt owners you get pretty much alot for free..... plus its the best job in the world and last thing you think about is money when your out there its the experience...... add me on facebook guys/girls rich bruford (nottingham network) xx

Date Posted: 13 November 2009 at 20:59
Right ive decided to accept the offer, ive confirmed it and gonna send off all my paperwork tomorrow! hopefully see some of you over there! im so excited!!!! :o)

Posted By: rwcm
Date Posted: 14 November 2009 at 14:48
Hello, if anyone gets Italy let me know as thats where I am going back to and where I was placed for this summer passed as my first resort, am now doing a full winter season in cyprus, welcome aboard to all!!!!!!

Date Posted: 14 November 2009 at 14:52
Hey rwcm,

Not workin for TUI but what is Italy like to rep in? I'm hoping I get somewhere like Marmaris or Benidorm or somthing but obviously TC go to Italy as well!

Posted By: richb
Date Posted: 14 November 2009 at 15:47
italy for thomas cook....you have to be able to drive as the units are spread out

Posted By: dj_adam
Date Posted: 14 November 2009 at 18:34
WOOOOOO I GOT THE JOB! Had my interview today and just got a call a few minutes ago!!

Posted By: xdaniellex
Date Posted: 14 November 2009 at 19:16
Im working for In2action next summer and will hopefully pass the assessment period and be in one of First Choice'sholiday villages and your right about going through the assessment period but TUI also send you on training (from what im aware) if they dont believe your suitable enough then you could also be sent home!Ive also got a TUI kids rep interview on the 28th November so will just have to wait and see what happens!

Well done to everyone whos got through Big%20smile

Date Posted: 14 November 2009 at 20:46
if anyone wants to add me on facebook ill send you my email

Posted By: XHarveyX
Date Posted: 15 November 2009 at 12:14
adam, what did you get the job as mainline? well done!! its good they tel you right away rather than sitting worrying!

Posted By: xx-amanda-kerr-xx
Date Posted: 15 November 2009 at 12:18
can someone give a run down of assessment day?

Posted By: dmartin
Date Posted: 15 November 2009 at 17:44
Me and my partner have both just been offered jobs with TUI for summer 2010. just waiting for paperwork to confir it all. sooooo excited. did anyone from the Gatwick tui assessment day on Friday the 13th get through?

Date Posted: 15 November 2009 at 18:52
Originally posted by xx-amanda-kerr-xx xx-amanda-kerr-xx wrote:

can someone give a run down of assessment day?

You'll find a candidate brief attachment in your invitation to interview. There is a run down of the assessment day.

-------------
TUI Overseas Rep 2010!

Date Posted: 16 November 2009 at 14:45
which region did u all get offered? xx

Date Posted: 16 November 2009 at 14:51

all i know for me is i have europe. i wish they'd been more specific!

Date Posted: 16 November 2009 at 15:56
aww yea thats a bit vague innit! it could literally be anywhere! hopefully january will come round quick so we can all find out! x

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 10:00
Originally posted by XHarveyX XHarveyX wrote:

adam, what did you get the job as mainline? well done!! its good they tel you right away rather than sitting worrying!
\

Thats right Yeah i'm glad i didn't have to sit their worrying for ages. Just waiting for my contract now. Wheres everyone heading too?

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 11:56
Does anyone know how we get our contract in the post or on email?

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 13:44
i got mine online through tui jobs, where you applied? youll have to log in and it should be there?

Posted By: PrincessHelena
Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 14:10
I have my assesment date coming soon and have my Thomas cook one soon too. How much do TUI reps get paid? I know Thomas Cook is around £430 a month...

Posted By: ashleigh1306
Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 14:16
i got told at the tui assessment day its £400

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 16:06
depends if you're mainline or kids rep. kids rep generally get more because they cant earn commission.... but if your contract is anything like mine then you'll have to ring them to get them to explain it to you! i was so confused!!!

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 16:26
No I just checked online and I can't find it unless I'm being stupid! Just so impatient I want it now!!!!!

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 16:44

with mine they sent me an email saying it was ready on the TUI jobs page thingy! then when i logged in it was there. i was so impatient waiting for mine! and now im impatient wanting to know where i might be going!

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 16:48
thomson wage is £120 payed into bank then £280 tax free (cash in hand) so its total £400. the comission on top! when was ur assesment dmartin?? i was impatiant waiting for my contract and region where i was going and now im DYING to find out exactly where im going im soooooo excited!!!!! x 

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 17:12
you'll have to let us know when you find out hollybonez! and everyone really. it'd be good to find out where we're all off to!

Posted By: carlyanne
Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 17:22
hey girls and guys, seems like u guys have all had ur assesment day already, ive got mine a week on thursday for 2wentys. Has any one had the assement for this one?! any tips?!

comgrats to u all though for getting ur jobs!!  Hope im as lucky!!!

xxx

-------------
Carlyanne! x

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 17:25
yea deffo tigger! u got facebook?? x

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 18:13
yup, ive pm'd you!

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 18:39
i had my assessment day on friday the 13th and found out i got the job on the saturday.

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 18:48
well done! mainline or kids rep?
im guessin mainline... there's not many kids reps on here!!

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 19:02
yea mainline just cant wait to get my contract so its set in stone so to speak!

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 19:58
i had my interview thursday, found out id got the job on friday and had my contract by monday afternoon!! it should be on there tomorrow for u hopefully! x

Date Posted: 18 November 2009 at 10:58
Originally posted by dmartin dmartin wrote:

No I just checked online and I can't find it unless I'm being stupid! Just so impatient I want it now!!!!!

Lol No how you feel! I had my assessment Saturday. Found out i got the job Saturday.....Just waiting to get the email saying ' Go to the log in and get your contract'. Although they did say 5 working days.....So they do have until Friday

Date Posted: 18 November 2009 at 13:28
Me and my partner both received our contracts today from tui. We both got Greece Cyprus or turkey it says. Just got to get it sent off now and its done!!!!

Date Posted: 18 November 2009 at 17:08
Originally posted by dmartin dmartin wrote:

Me and my partner both received our contracts today from tui. We both got Greece Cyprus or turkey it says. Just got to get it sent off now and its done!!!!

Still not got mine, did you get it through email or the post? What do you have to send back, £100 and references?

Date Posted: 18 November 2009 at 18:35
Everything is sent and corresponded through e-mail, Adam. Received mine today too. Big%20smile

-------------
TUI Overseas Rep 2010!

Date Posted: 18 November 2009 at 19:30
Originally posted by chris0191 chris0191 wrote:

Everything is sent and corresponded through e-mail, Adam. Received mine today too. Big%20smile

Aww i want mine now....What day was your assessment chris?

Date Posted: 18 November 2009 at 19:44
I had mine on 7th November. Everyone that attended my assessment day who I kept in contact with received their contract a few days after being offered the job. However, I haven't received mine until now as I applied for peak season so can't work full season. Therefore apparently this takes longer to send out as I contacted TUI HR last week to find out why I was the only one who hadn't been given my contract yet, and that was the reason.

When did you have yours adam?

I suppose HR are working as fast as they can. They probably have lots more assessment days to come and plenty of contracts to organise!

-------------
TUI Overseas Rep 2010!

Date Posted: 18 November 2009 at 19:59
Originally posted by chris0191 chris0191 wrote:

I had mine on 7th November. Everyone that attended my assessment day who I kept in contact with received their contract a few days after being offered the job. However, I haven't received mine until now as I applied for peak season so can't work full season. Therefore apparently this takes longer to send out as I contacted TUI HR last week to find out why I was the only one who hadn't been given my contract yet, and that was the reason.

When did you have yours adam?

I suppose HR are working as fast as they can. They probably have lots more assessment days to come and plenty of contracts to organise!

I had mine Saturday just gone...Im doing a full season, and they did say within 5 working days...I guess i should hear by Friday...The Friday guys got theres today, soo hopefully my day will come tomorrow....So what do we have to send back with the contract? Are you on Facebook?

Date Posted: 18 November 2009 at 20:08
I'll PM you.

-------------
TUI Overseas Rep 2010!

Date Posted: 18 November 2009 at 21:23
well im now starting to worry a little as alot of people have been given places in their contract (even as kids reps) and mine never said anything. I think im going to have to ring them before work in the morning to ask if they can be more specific on mine!

Date Posted: 20 November 2009 at 17:19
Hey everyone, i got Spain or Portugal.....Sent the contract back today and filled out the references online.....anyone know when we hear the next stage??

Date Posted: 20 November 2009 at 17:21
we dont hear anything now until january Cry!! i REALLLLLLYYYY  wanna no! i spoke to one girl who said end of jan and another just said early nx year!! im really happy with greece turkey or cyprus tho i said from beginning i wanted eastern med rather than western so still happy xx

Date Posted: 20 November 2009 at 17:39
Originally posted by hollybonez hollybonez wrote:

we dont hear anything now until january Cry!! i REALLLLLLYYYY  wanna no! i spoke to one girl who said end of jan and another just said early nx year!! im really happy with greece turkey or cyprus tho i said from beginning i wanted eastern med rather than western so still happy xx

Yeah im happy with either Spain or Portugal....Don't mind which resort...Although Ibiza would be good from a commission point of view...A mate of mine who works for thomas cook, said their reps were making 700 euros a week in San Antonio last Season!!!...also my facebook is adz_smith87@hotmail.com x

Posted By: Juliexx
Date Posted: 22 November 2009 at 17:52
Hiya,
I've just been readin thru this thread n thought i'd jus send a quick one lol....
I'm a kids rep for Thomson and Summer 2010 will be my 3rd summer....it is possible 2 live on the wage that we get...however rubbish it is, it also depends which country u'll be workin in as some places r really expensive! After all though u do get your accommodation paid for and no bills to pay (unless u have them back in England) and you get at least one meal a day provided.
You won't find out placements until possibly training next year which is usually the beginnin of April n then u fly out Mid-End of April!
Also, kids reps do get a little commission for the Payable Activities that we have to do as your only supposed 2 spend a certain amount of the money collected from these.

If anyone has got any questions feel free to PM me on here or add me on facebook....julie-89@hotmail.co.uk...i would say search for my full name but theres more than one of me on there!!

-------------
Kidzone Rep:
Menorca Summer 08,09
Retail Winter 09
Costa Del Sol Summer 10

Posted By: Jess_w_x
Date Posted: 23 November 2009 at 10:50
iv got my interview for kids rep on saturday!! any tips?! i have worked with children for 3 years but dont know what to expect at the interview! xx

Date Posted: 23 November 2009 at 11:35
just be yourself! and try to make sure you say something in all of the activities even if its just your point of view!

Date Posted: 23 November 2009 at 11:40
i phoned TUI and they said they havent decided where to place me... i'll find out where im going in feb.... that seems so far away :'(

Date Posted: 23 November 2009 at 19:14
thankyou!..  just really wanna know what activities do you have to do and what is the presentation all about? xxx

Posted By: XHarveyX
Date Posted: 23 November 2009 at 23:46
with TUI, do they have full and high season reps??.. just TC are totaly unflexable with dates if you not fully avaible from the 1st march they wont offer you the job and im looking to go the very begining of may!! xxx

Date Posted: 24 November 2009 at 10:53
Originally posted by XHarveyX XHarveyX wrote:

with TUI, do they have full and high season reps??.. just TC are totaly unflexable with dates if you not fully avaible from the 1st march they wont offer you the job and im looking to go the very begining of may!! xxx

Harvey, yes TUI do offer peak season. I have been offered a job ending in September. Although I am starting in April. It would be best to ring the overseas recruitment team at TUI HR Services to see if the dates you are available to work would be suitable for employment. I rang them to clarify my dates before applying for the job and they were really helpful. Their number can be found on the tuitraveljobs website.

You also get asked what dates you are available to work to/from at your assessment day.

I know what you mean about Thomas Cook being unflexible. My application was rejected last year as I couldn't work full season. Although I did apply late and maybe all peak season places may have been full. Yet I did email TC recruitment to see if they offer peak season contracts and they said they do but their application form doesn't allow you to apply for this online this year. That's why I went for TUI and tbh I'm proud to be representing them next year! They seem like a fantastic company to work for.

Good luck!

-------------
TUI Overseas Rep 2010!

Posted By: Toriiii
Date Posted: 27 November 2009 at 12:26
Hello Guys!

Had my Holiday Advisor assessment day yesterday and got a call this morning to say i got the job!!!! :D
Mega excited!!!!

Anyone else at the manchester assesment day yesterday!?!

xx

Date Posted: 28 November 2009 at 16:42
had my interview for TUI kids rep today and got the call about an hour later to say i'd got the job!!!! anyone else? xx

Date Posted: 01 December 2009 at 15:44
Originally posted by Tigger_Bee Tigger_Bee wrote:

i phoned TUI and they said they havent decided where to place me... i'll find out where im going in feb.... that seems so far away :'(

That's the same with me. Mine said 'Europe' so could be anywhere! Maybe it's a good thing as your personality could be applied to most resorts?

Have you already got experience in the travel industry? The people I know who got specific countries had experience of those countries.

Feb seems an age away but I'm sure it'll fly by after Christmas!

-------------
TUI Overseas Rep 2010!

Date Posted: 01 December 2009 at 17:45
it usually does! its my birthday at the beginning of feb so that should help to spped things up.
No ive never worked in the travel industry before but i think im the only kids rep to not be placed (that im in contact with either on here or facebook)

Posted By: shiv_star1
Date Posted: 02 December 2009 at 21:50
Hey,
Dont worry if u dont find out where ur going yet. Wen i applied last jan only found out about 3 weeks before I left that I was going to Crete. Im surprised this year that they have given some ppl an indication of where they are going coz last year they didnt until closer to when they were leaving!!! If u have any questions just asked...

-------------
Shiv is off to Crete 09

Date Posted: 04 December 2009 at 10:05
Hey guys anyone heard anything about training dates yet?

Posted By: Markle
Date Posted: 04 December 2009 at 18:42
hey u guys, my name is mark and this time in feb last year i was doin all this sh*ttin my pants, but i have jus done a whole summer season in the biggest gateway majorca and i aboslutley LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have been offered full winter season gran canaria which is wot i am doing now and then im going back to majorca for summer, if n e one neeeds any questions answerin dont hesitate to ask, if ya wanna add me on face book then please do also.

well guys have fun xxx

-------------
LOVING THE MAJORCA 09 BABY!!!

Posted By: Danii-123
Date Posted: 04 December 2009 at 20:33
Arrrrrggghhh I've got mine tommro!! Well nervous!!!! Hahahaha!

-------------
Aim 4 The Stars

Posted By: Allie09
Date Posted: 05 December 2009 at 18:22
Hi guys had my assement on friday... got through the whole day... waiting game now!! x

-------------
AllisonX!

Posted By: claire91
Date Posted: 06 December 2009 at 15:33
hihihih I just got a job with thomsons either going portugal or spain eeep just wondering if anyone else is going there 2010 kids reps :D

Date Posted: 06 December 2009 at 15:36
I was at my interview assesment on the 27th too lol for kids reps with thomsons :D

Date Posted: 07 December 2009 at 09:26
Hey Claire im going to spain or portugal as mainline rep :) Whats your facebook?

Posted By: Toriiii
Date Posted: 07 December 2009 at 11:01
Hi Guys,

When i log into the website for TUI it says Greece turkey and cyprus.

Does anyone know if thats set in stone?
I fancy spain!!

Beggers cant be choosers tho i guess!!

Date Posted: 07 December 2009 at 12:40
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1012818223 - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1012818223                    that should work lol typin me name seems to take forever aha :) aha hopeee i get portugal dunoo why i like it aha dont even know if the references have sent it doesnt even say on the app all the forms have been done and everything :D x

-------------
c.herbert

Date Posted: 08 December 2009 at 12:54
arghhh yes i got the offer today as well guys.. Grecce/turkey or cyprus... eyeyyeyeyey!!!

-------------
AllisonX!

Date Posted: 09 December 2009 at 20:45
hihihihihi is anyone else kinda stuck on references i put submit on them but then had a feeling they hadnt sent n it hasnt anyone else stuck ??? x

-------------
c.herbert

Posted By: Kutie_Katie90
Date Posted: 10 December 2009 at 19:28
Heya people,
i had my assesment day back in november and they phoned me the next day to say i got the job!!! woo hooooo!!! Ive got greece, cyprus or turkey!! got my heart set on turkey but we'll just have to wait and see! im soooooooooo exicted and just dyin to know here im going! any1 else got greece cyprus or turkey? xxx

Posted By: Kutie_Katie90
Date Posted: 10 December 2009 at 19:30
Heya people,
i had my assesment day back in november in bristol and they phoned me the next day to say i got the job!!! woo hooooo!!! Ive got greece, cyprus or turkey!! got my heart set on turkey but we'll just have to wait and see! im soooooooooo exicted and just dyin to know here im going! any1 else got greece cyprus or turkey? any1 else get through from bristol? x

Date Posted: 11 December 2009 at 10:54
hey katie !! .. well done... i got the same gateways as u .. are u on facebook X

-------------
AllisonX!

Posted By: Danii-123
Date Posted: 11 December 2009 at 11:27
Whoooooo!!! Went for my assessment yesterday got phonecall this morning tellin i got the job!!!! Was well nervous n didnt think i would so im well chuffed!!!!!!!! Guess I migth be seein some of you on resort summer 2010!!! Bring It ON!!!!! =D

-------------
Aim 4 The Stars

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.11 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2012 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk