Join us for the 2024 season at Travelbound’s amazing Chateau Du Molay in Northern France! Travelbound specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the world!
This role will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills and make memories which will last a lifetime. With an international customer base and team of around 20 staff members from across Europe and the world, there is a unique opportunity to practice your French and English language skills!
What will I be doing?
Our Assistant Chateau Manager is at the heart of our 200 bedded Chateau operation for both guests and staff. You will collaborate with the Chateau managers when required but also be confident to lead shifts independently.
This is a very varied job role but some of your key duties will include welcoming school guests and party leaders upon arrival and ensuring they are settled into their guest accommodation. You will work hard to ensure they have the best stay possible by overseeing each department of the Chateau – from housekeeping in the guest bedrooms, to mealtimes in the restaurant. With your genuine passion for customer service, you will build relationships and deal with escalates queries or issues when required.
And don’t forget your amazing colleagues! We believe happy staff make for happy guests. A large part of your role will be coming up with incentives and social events for the staff.
You will be key in motivating our staff to deliver the highest possible standards for all departments. You will help ensure everything is running smoothly as well as adhering to French work regulations. You will be approachable for staff questions and issues but remain fair and professional in more complex situations.
Finally, we are looking for a management team that aren’t afraid of getting stuck in when required! With no set day of the week for arrivals and departures, our managers need to lead from the front and step in on day-today duties if needed – anything from helping to strip and re-make beds to washing some pots in the kitchen!
Our motto at Travelbound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Previous experience in managing a medium sized team is essential
- Previous experience working overseas or in a hotel environment is a bonus!
- A customer comes first attitude to working
- Responsible and reliable
- Hard working and not afraid to roll your sleeves up and muck in
- A real team motivator
- Able to be on top of your game from dusk till dawn
- A moderate understanding of bar and restaurant services
- Conversational English is essential
- French speaking is a bonus!
What can Travelbound offer me?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros as all staff will be on a French contract
- All meals – even on your days off!
- Free On-site shared accommodation.
- Access to on-site facilities including: staff bikes, outdoor swimming pool (June – Sep), BBQ, discounted drinks in the Chateau bar etc.
- Management training once at the Chateau
- Role progression and the chance to return for future seasons
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, Travelopia, which means we are able to offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end including JCA in the UK and Skibound in the French Alps
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from end of February 2024 to July 2024 (with the chance of extending right through until October 2024!)
- You must be 18 or over by February 2024 to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants will need to hold EU documentation e.g., EU passport, EU Work visa, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- Please apply for just ONE Travelbound job role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We receive a very high number of applications each year. Please allow up to 3 weeks to receive a response on your application – All applications will be contacted whether you are successful or not, but feedback cannot always be provided due to the volume of applications
We look forward to receiving your application!