As a member of the Restaurant Staff team, you are responsible for providing exceptional customer service to guests dining at the resort's restaurant. The waiter takes orders, serves food and beverages, and ensures a positive dining experience. The individual in this role plays a vital part in creating a welcoming and efficient dining environment.
Job Criteria & Responsibilities
- Execute orders and serve food and beverages in a friendly and professional manner.
- Always demonstrates excellent customer service.
- Performs all duties as assigned during training.
- Is confident and capable of dealing with all types of guests and in all situations.
- Collects and is responsible for all sales and accounts during his/her shift.
- Ensures that his/her area of responsibility is always adequately equipped to provide efficient service to customers.
- Knows and performs all services provided in the restaurant or bar such as opening wines, cleaning and setting tables, answering customer questions.
- Monitors and records any wastage or breakage of equipment in accordance with company procedures.
- Always maintains the highest level of cleanliness and keeps the daily work lists of the restaurant.
- Able to accomplish daily sales and service goals.
- Develops effective and positive working relationships with all employee groups.
- Ensures that all procedures are followed to prevent loss of inventory, equipment and revenue.
- Must ensure that the department's proper operating procedures are adhered to.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Previous experience as a waiter in a restaurant or hotel.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Familiarity with basic waiter principles and knowledge of beverage varieties.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- Flexibility in working hours, including evening and weekend shifts.
- Physical fitness and appearance are commensurate with the requirements of the position.
- Fluency in both Greek and English is required.
Working for Neilson
There is so much to be gained from working anywhere within our program. The people skills, the life skills, the confidence you'll develop, and the overall experience will stay with you forever. You'll have the time of your life, you'll make a bunch of new mates, you'll enjoy mad adventures, and you'll create stories you'll be telling for years.
The package includes:
- Highly competitive salary.
- Meals included - Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on duty.
- Shared accommodation is provided to non-local residents.
- Full training, including E-learning packages.
- Progression via our jump up/Jump higher programs.
- Your uniform is provided specific to your role.
- Mate's rates & family holiday discounts.
- Neilson Academy – Opportunities to obtain additional qualifications.
- Feel free to use the resort equipment in your spare time if it's available.
Neilson Active Holidays
Restaurant Staff (Greek & English speaking role)
Summer resort jobs
Cleaning Jobs, Customer Services Work, Waiting Staff
April – November
Competitive salary, dependent on experience, qualifications, and personal circumstances.