The Hospitality Manager/Food & Beverage Manager is a key leadership position responsible for overseeing all aspects of the hotel's food and beverage operations.
You are instrumental in shaping the dining experience at a resort hotel. The specific responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on the size and type of the resort hotel.
Job Criteria & Responsibilities
- Ensures that all food and beverage employees are fully trained in all aspects of their job descriptions.
- Responsible for the effective operation of the food and beverage department in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the achievement of Food & Beverage department targets in regard to customer satisfaction, cost reduction and sales growth.
- Takes a proactive approach to achieving excellent guest feedback and implements corrective staff training where appropriate.
- Quickly identifies and resolves any customer problems or issues and proposes solutions to the General Manager where necessary.
- Together with the Front of House Manager, replaces the General Manager during his absence.
- Handles all guest complaints promptly and in a timely manner and takes any necessary corrective action to help prevent any re-occurrence in the future.
- Ensures compliance with all legal requirements regarding food safety and hygiene in accordance with the HACCP standards.
- Identifies any equipment or supply needs and reports maintenance requests or deficiencies directly to the General Manager.
- Maintains appropriate records in accordance with the corporate and legal requirements.
- Records and evaluates all food and beverage inventories, receives information and takes corrective action where appropriate.
- Ensures that control procedures are in place and maintained for the supply and storage of food and beverage.
- Minimizes expenditures through systems, controls and procedures.
- Establishes and implements pricing policies, promotions and discounts.
- Generates and identifies all selling opportunities and ensures team members are trained in upselling techniques.
- Follows and monitors guest needs and requests through the effective use of human and material resources.
- Maintains a physical presence at food and beverage outlets both prior to service and during peak service periods.
- Encourages, maintains and enhances productive working relationships at all levels and ensures that any interpersonal conflict is identified and handled efficiently.
- Actively involved in the recruitment of new staff and in accordance with HR procedures and policies
- Responsible for the correct Restaurant and Bar staff rotas, according to each department’s needs.
- Ensures that the department's budget is strictly followed, and costs are controlled.
- Monitors and records any waste or equipment breakage in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Develops effective and positive working relationships with all employee teams.
- Provides staff feedback through job chats and using the appraisal process.
- Facilitates personal staff development plans accordingly.
- Keeps the teams motivated and sustained through recognition, reward, incentives and planned social activities.
- Conducts staff meetings regularly on a weekly basis.
- Ensures that all procedures used to prevent loss of inventory and equipment are followed.
- Conducts audits of the actual physical stock at regular intervals and compares the results with the actual recorded balances, to investigate errors.
- Performs detailed Restaurant and Bar inventories on specific dates of each month, with the presence of the Heads of Departments.
- Ensures that Restaurant and Bar Managers adhere strictly to all day-to-day operation guidelines of their departments, always in accordance with the Hospitality Manager’s exact instructions.
- Ensures staff compliance with the F&B department policies & procedures and implement.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Proven experience as an F&B Manager in a high-volume establishment.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of food and beverage operations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Financial acumen for budgeting and cost control.
- Passion for delivering outstanding guest experiences.
- Fluency in both Greek and English is required.
- Experience in Half Board or All-inclusive hotels is desirable.
Working for Neilson
There is so much to be gained from working anywhere within our program. The people skills, the life skills, the confidence you'll develop, and the overall experience will stay with you forever. You'll have the time of your life, you'll make a bunch of new mates, you'll enjoy mad adventures, and you'll create stories you'll be telling for years.
The package includes:
- Highly competitive salary.
- Shared accommodation is provided to non-local residents.
- Meals included - Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on duty.
- Full training, including E-learning packages.
- Progression via our jump up/Jump higher programs.
- Your uniform is provided specific to your role.
- Mate's rates & family holiday discounts.
- Neilson Academy – Opportunities to obtain additional qualifications.
- Feel free to use the resort equipment in your spare time if it's available.
Neilson Active Holidays
Hospitality Manager / Food & Beverage Manager (Greek & English speaking role)
Hotels & Guesthouses
Bar Management, F & B Management, Restaurant Management
April – November
Competitive salary, dependent on experience, qualifications, and personal circumstances.