BeyondBeach are looking for an enthusiastic and approachable individual with a substantial level of experience in the watersports industry. You will be in charge of one of our beach club watersports programs, ensuring that the delivery of lessons and activities is a safe and enjoyable experience for all our staff and guests.
With the support and guidance of your line manager, the Beach Club Manager, you will supervise a team of approximately 10 – 15 staff.
Your primary aim is to provide a fun, educational and safe environment for our guests to enjoy watersports on a day to day basis. You will be overseeing sessions on the water and ensuring that all activities are strictly adhering to BeyondBeach and RYA guidelines. You must have excellent knowledge of RYA procedures. You will be required to teach from time to time but you must be aware that much of your time will be spent on the shore coordinating activities and ensuring safety systems are always properly implemented. You will lead by example and have a ‘hands on’ approach with everyday tasks. Together with the Beach Club Manager you will provide regular training for all staff, and also help the trainee instructors reach their full potential. You will be responsible for motivating the team and promoting a positive team spirit. Your working hours will be longer than your teammates, so you need to be a positive person, able to remain motivated when working alone.
In addition to running the activity program, there will also be regular administrative duties. These will generally be dictated by your weekly checklist and will include such tasks as: bookings sheets, health & safety checks, maintenance records, session plans, staff training logs. This role requires strong organisational skills. Excellent customer service and a friendly approachable style are incredibly important. You must always promote the centre in a positive and professional way. This applies both in and out of working hours. You are a role model to your teammates, supporting your Beach Club Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the beach club manager to ensure that as a team of senior staff you are delivering the highest standards at all times
- Mentor senior instructors to take on extra responsibilities
- Guide all staff to deliver exceptional lessons in a variety of conditions, with a variety of guests
- Be a key holder and be responsible for centre security
- Deliver guest safety briefings
- Deal with customer enquiries
- Actively promote activities and generate bookings
- Complete supervisor daily and weekly admin
- Organise continual staff training
- Oversee all safety procedures and ensure RYA standards are met
- Ensure BeyondBeach guidelines are strictly adhered to
- Organise daytime and evening guest social events, such as BBQ’s and volleyball
- Oversee first aid incidents
- Oversee and implement emergency action plans if needed
- ISA / RYA Senior Instructor
- ISA / RYA Windsurf or Dinghy Instructor (preferably both)
- ISA / RYA Multihull Endorsement (desirable)
- RYA Wingsurf Instructor (desirable)
- Experience of being responsible for safety standards
- Experience managing people
- Natural Motivator
- Excellent customer service skills
- Skilled in on-water safety and on-water rescue techniques
- Over 20 years of age
Key Package Info
- Visa funding
- Flights provided
- Accommodation provided
- Variable meal allowances depending on job role
- Competitive salary
- Free use of hotel pools and watersports equipment
If this sounds like the job for you then please get in touch today, head to our website to read the full job description and package details.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Don't delay apply today....
- Step 1: Click APPLY FOR THIS JOB to complete name and contact details.
- Step 2: Click APPLY NOW to complete the full job application form.
Summer Beach Club Supervisor
Summer resort jobs
Customer Services Work, Holiday Rep Jobs, Managers Roles
April - October