Looking for somewhere new to explore? Keen to live a short distance from beautiful hill walks and gorgeous beaches? Searching for a place where you can find the perfect life-work balance whilst saving money and working alongside a team of like minded people? Join our team in Linnane's Lobster Bar, The Burren, Co Clare. The Burren has something for everyone: stunning beaches, wildlife, history, plentiful restaurants, pubs, surfing, sports, camping, fishing.
We want our staff to embrace island life and the community – there is plenty to do and the more you put in, the more you get out!
Linnane's Lobster Bar is a renowned seafood restaurant on The Wild Atlantic Way in the West of Ireland. Set in the picturesque Burren, we source as much of our produce locally from other businesses in the Burren Ecotourism Network. All of our shellfish is all sourced from Flaggy Shore Oysters which is based directly beside Linnane's and under the same ownership.
To oversee the day to day running of the restaurant in a busy pub in partnership with the management team. The job will be varied and you will need to be flexible and enthusiastic to fit with Linnane's Lobster Bar ethos.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Supporting the Head Chef in ensuring the smooth running, success and profitability of Linnane's Lobster Bar.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of our seafood focused menu and seasonal specials in line with our ethos.
- Ensuring food is delivered consistently and to the highest quality at all times.
- Maintaining excellent relations with our local suppliers, using local and seasonal produce where possible to showcase what The Burren has to offer.
- Contributing creative ideas to drive sales and support the community with foodie events.
- Ensuring the highest standards of food hygiene, health and safety standards are maintained at all times.
Skills and experience needed
- Minimum Two years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in a fast paced, casual dining establishment.
- A good financial awareness and mindfulness of wastage in order to achieve target margins.
- A great team player who is confident managing a team, maintaining the good relations with our suppliers and understanding the needs and feedback of our customers.
- A strong understanding of health and hygiene requirements.
- Highly organised with a high level of attention to detail.
- They will have a great work ethic, positive attitude, energy and a passion for great food and shared ethos in working with and celebrating the finest of locally sourced produced.
- Competitive salary plus tips paid weekly.
- 2 Consecutive days off per week.
- Staff accommodation.
- Holiday pay.
- Meals on duty.
- Professional development opportunities.
To apply please include
- Your up to date CV.
- A cover letter.
- Where you are currently based.
- Information on your current right to work in the Republic of Ireland.
- What date you are available to start work, and what date you can work until.
Linnane's Lobster Bar
Restaurants & Catering
Chef de Partie, Chefs, Commis Chef
March - September 2024
€12.70 per hour