As an EAL Teacher at Samiad Summer School, you will play a crucial role in providing English language lessons to international students with varying levels of proficiency. This position offers a unique opportunity to teach children from all over the world in one classroom. If you are passionate about teaching English, fostering a positive learning environment, and engaging with students in a multicultural setting, we invite you to join our dedicated team. Our students are aged between 8 and 17 from all over the world . Your classes and teaching style must be enthusiastic, stimulating and engaging. Our class size are maxium 15 studnets.
Role and Responsibilities
- Deliver engaging and effective English language lessons to students with diverse language proficiency levels.
- Design and implement curriculum activities aligning with language learning objectives.
- Under the guidance of the Teaching Coordinator, prepare lessons and adapt existing materials to suit students’ needs and abilities. PowerPoints and handouts are provided.
- Assess students’ language skills and monitor their progress throughout the program.
- Provide constructive feedback to enhance students’ language development.
- Tailor teaching methods to accommodate students with different learning styles and language backgrounds.
- Foster an inclusive and supportive atmosphere for students adjusting to a new language environment.
- Collaborate with other EAL teachers and program staff for a cohesive and effective language program.
- Communicate regularly with academic coordinators to discuss student progress and address challenges.
- Manage student behaviour effectively to create an academically fulfilling environment.
- Encourage student participation through an enthusiastic approach to your work.
- Attend staff meetings as necessary.
- Keep all administration up-to-date, including class registers, work records, and student reports, in a professional and timely manner as delegated by the Teaching Coordinator.
- Prepare and deliver Intensive English classes (all teachers may be required to participate in this program for part of their contract depending on student demand).
- Take on up to seven activity/event or welfare sessions within your working hours, which could include extra English.
- Take on responsibilities for house duties, such as wake-up routines and oversight, contributing to the overall goal of promoting a positive atmosphere within our summer schools.
- Carry out all other reasonable tasks.
- Lead and supervise excursions once a week, ensuring the safety and well-being of all students.
Qualifications and Essential Requirements
- CELTA, TESOL or TEFL, or PGCE in relevant subjects, BEd, QTS
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Must be organized and efficient
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexible attitude
- Native English speaker
Must have the right to work in the UK
Hours of work
Activity leaders are scheduled for 18 sessions per week, including preparation time and two meal times daily. Each day is divided into three sessions — morning, afternoon, and evening. Pay starts at (£325) per week, inclusive of food and accommodation.
All teachers will receive one full day off and an evening of per weekBenefits
- Accommodation and meals provided during the summer program.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- Uniform tops and hoodies are provided.
- Laundry service is provided 2 times per week.
- The chance to make a meaningful impact on the lives of young learners from around the world.
- Gym Access (location depending)
Samiad Summer School
English Language Schools
EFL/ESOL/ESL teacher, Trainee teacher, Short-term summer post
£425 per week Food and Accommodation included