Looking for somewhere new to explore? Keen to live a short distance from beautiful hill walks and gorgeous beaches? Searching for a place where you can find the perfect life-work balance whilst saving money and working alongside a team of like minded people? Join our team in Linnane's Lobster Bar, The Burren, Co Clare. The Burren has something for everyone: stunning beaches, wildlife, history, plentiful restaurants, pubs, surfing, sports, camping, fishing.
We want our staff to embrace island life and the community – there is plenty to do and the more you put in, the more you get out!
Linnane's Lobster Bar is a renowned seafood restaurant on The Wild Atlantic Way in the West of Ireland. Set in the picturesque Burren, we source as much of our produce locally from other businesses in the Burren Ecotourism Network. All of our shellfish is all sourced from Flaggy Shore Oysters which is based directly beside Linnane's and under the same ownership.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Act as front of house manager for designated services, functions and events, ensuring the team are properly briefed.
- Play an active role on the floor and bar on a daily basis.
- Acting as a point of liaison between kitchen and front of house teams.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving Linnane's Lobster Bar's high standard of customer service.
- Monitoring upkeep of the interior and exterior of the building.
- Liaise with the kitchen team each service on booking diary details, menu details, relay customer feedback where necessary.
- Handover to the team coming in for the following service.
- Assisting with the training and induction of new staff members.
- Required to have a good understanding of the operations of each department, and a good knowledge of our product across the board.
- Responsible for ensuring customer accounts and tabs are paid and reconciled at the end of each service.
- Ensure the till is updated with products and prices daily.
- To take pride in your performance at work and in Linnane's Lobster Bar product whilst constantly striving to improve these at every given opportunity.
- Regular communication with management.
Skills and experience needed
- Minimum 2 years experience in a restaurant environment.
- Previous experience managing a team desired but not essential, this role could be suited to someone looking to take the next step into a managerial role.
- Coffee experience preferred but not essential.
- Great social skills and energy.
- Motivation, organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Good communication skills.
- A passion for great food and good wine.
- Supportive, impartial, fair and approachable figure to the team.
- Set an example to the team in terms of work ethic and general conduct.
- To maintain a high standard in personal appearance and demeanour.
Can work hard but most importantly have fun!
- Competitive salary plus tips paid weekly.
- 2 Consecutive days off per week.
- Staff accommodation.
- Holiday pay.
- Meals on duty.
- Professional development opportunities.
To apply please include
- Your up to date CV.
- A cover letter.
- Where you are currently based.
- Information on your current right to work in the Republic of Ireland.
- What date you are available to start work, and what date you can work until.
Linnane's Lobster Bar
Restaurants & Catering
Bar Management, General Management, Restaurant Management
April - September
€12.70 per hour