~ Please only apply to 1 of our job listings, we will consider you for all roles you're suitable for. ~
Alderney and The Georgian House
Looking for somewhere new to explore? Keen to live a short walk from beautiful white sand beaches? Searching for a place where you can find the perfect life-work balance whilst saving money and working alongside a team of like minded people? Join our team on Alderney, in The Channel Islands. Alderney has something for everyone: stunning beaches, wildlife, history, plentiful restaurants, pubs, beach BBQs, sports, camping, fishing, a week long summer festival, and a cosy winter season.
We want our staff to embrace island life and the community – there is plenty to do and the more you put in, the more you get out!
To oversee the day to day running of the restaurant in a busy pub with rooms in partnership with the management team. The job will be varied and you will need to be flexible and enthusiastic to fit with The Georgian House ethos.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Act as front of house manager for designated services, functions and events, ensuring the team are properly briefed.
- Play an active role on the floor and bar on a daily basis.
- Acting as a point of liaison between kitchen, accommodation and front of house teams.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving The Georgian’s high standard of customer service.
- Monitoring upkeep of the interior and exterior of the building.
- Liaise with the kitchen team each service on booking diary details, menu details, relay customer feedback where necessary.
- Handover to the team coming in for the following service.
- Assisting with the training and induction of new staff members.
- Required to have a good understanding of the operations of each department, and a good knowledge of our product across the board.
- Responsible for ensuring customer accounts and tabs are paid and reconciled at the end of each service.
- Ensure the till is updated with products and prices daily.
- To take pride in your performance at work and in The Georgian House product whilst constantly striving to improve these at every given opportunity.
- Regular communication with management.
Skills and experience needed
- Minimum 2 years experience in a restaurant environment.
- Previous experience managing a team desired but not essential, this role could be suited to someone looking to take the next step into a managerial role.
- Coffee experience preferred but not essential.
- Great social skills and energy.
- Motivation, organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Good communication skills.
- A passion for great food, good wine, and the occasional cocktail!
- Supportive, impartial, fair and approachable figure to the team.
- Set an example to the team in terms of work ethic and general conduct.
- To maintain a high standard in personal appearance and demeanour.
- Can work hard but most importantly have fun!
- Competitive salary plus tips paid weekly.
- 5 days work per week, 2 days off.
- Discount on food and beverage at The Georgian House.
- Staff accommodation.
- Accommodation discounts for family and friends.
- Holiday pay.
- Meals on duty.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Your birthday off.
When applying, please include the following in your cover letter (please note we will not consider applications without a cover letter)
- Where are you currently based?
- Do you have the right to live and work in the UK?
- What appeals to you about working on Alderney?
- What dates are you available to work from and until?
- Why do you think you’re the right person for this role?
Other positions are also available at our sister businesses on Alderney - please send an email for more information.
The Georgian House
Floor Supervisor - Permanent and Seasonal
Restaurants & Catering
F & B Management, Restaurant Management, Waiting staff
Start April-June 2024