Contract type: 0-hour seasonal (May-October) – up to 6 month contracts available (contract length dependent on candidate availability)
Shifts: 2-5 days per week
Location: Badminton Woods, Badminton, Glouctershire, GL9 1AH
About The Bushcraft Company:
We provide real outdoor residential adventures for children aged 7-18 years old from May to October. Arriving at one of our safari-style tented camps based in the grounds of Badminton Woods, students become fully immersed in the wilderness; sleeping under the stars, and cooking over open fires. Whether they are learning first-aid techniques, building shelters or tackling an SOS scenario, and experiencing and developing their own personal growth. our outdoor adventures are as real as you can get.
Based at our beautiful site in the grounds of Badminton Woods, you are responsible for your own “tribe” of students, guiding them through many activities during their stay with us.
- Following company risk assessments to safely run activities with your tribe with the support of your camp manager (including SOS, archery, fire lighting and shelter building)
- Being aware of health and safety, first aid and safeguarding policies and procedures and ensuring you escalate any concerns to your camp manager
- Liaising with your camp manager to ensure you have everything you need to successfully run your camp
- Participating in camp night duty based on a rota for your camp with your wider camp team
- Completing any relevant paperwork during camp (i.e safeguarding forms, accident and incident forms
What we are offering:
- Free meals whilst you are on shift
- Access to staff camping area, with facilities provided (i.e washing machines, fridges)
- Full in-house training, including, first aid, food hygiene, archery
Selection & Appointment Process:
Candidates will be required to complete The Bushcraft Company pre-camp training programme. All appointments are subject to satisfactory training attendance, references and enhanced DBS Status.
The Bushcraft Company is committed to safe practice in recruitment and selection that includes consideration of issues regarding child protection, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All staff will be expected to complete an enhanced DBS check if they are not already on the DBS Update Service and supply us with references.
We are an equal opportunities employer. If you need any adjustments to your interview and assessment process, please contact our Recruitment team directly.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary contract, Zero hours contract
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Due to the working hour regulations, we can only consider applicants over the age of 18 years old. Are you aged 18+?
- United Kingdom (required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Bristol: Relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
The Bushcraft Company
Outdoor Camp Activity Instructor - Badminton
Summer resort jobs
Sports Instructor Positions, Summer Entertainment Jobs, Summer Resort Childcare Jobs
Up to £710 a week