~ Please only apply to 1 of our job listings, we will consider you for all roles you're suitable for. ~
Alderney and The Moorings
Looking for somewhere new to explore? Keen to live a short walk from beautiful white sand beaches? Searching for a place where you can find the perfect life-work balance whilst saving money and working alongside a team of like minded people? Join our team on Alderney, in The Channel Islands. Alderney has something for everyone: stunning beaches, wildlife, history, plentiful restaurants, pubs, beach BBQs, sports, camping, fishing, a week long summer festival, and a cosy winter season.
We want our staff to embrace island life and the community – there is plenty to do and the more you put in, the more you get out!
The Moorings is a fun, relaxed and sociable place to work, we’re looking for staff who are energetic, friendly, and have a passion for great customer service.
- The job will be varied, and you will need to be flexible and enthusiastic to fit with The Moorings ethos.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the running of the Moorings restaurant operations.
- Acting as line manager to a the front and back of house team.
- Working closely with the General Manager and Head Chef to develop the menu and product.
- Responsible for training and ongoing development of staff.
- Creating and maintaining objectives and targets for food sales and service standards.
- Ensuring the highest level of customer service is met at all times.
- Play an active role in the day to day bar and floor operations building relationships with customers and key stake-holders.
- Encouraging customer feedback and managing appropriately.
- Assisting in the development of our events programme and running of events.
- Working with Marketing manager to ensure the proper marketing of any events, openings and updates.
- Handling of cash and administrative responsibilities including rotas in line with targets.
Skills and experience needed
- 2+ years experience in a restaurant manager or supervisor role, ideally in a casual dining restaurant.
- A passion for delivering excellent service in a fast paced environment.
- A foodie with good knowledge of food and beverages.
- A working bar knowledge and understanding of cellar management ideal.
- Excellent communication & organisation skills.
- Experience in cash management, scheduling and restaurant admin.
- Good eye for detail.
- Confidence in managing and motivating a team.
- Can work hard but most importantly have fun!
- Competitive salary plus tips paid weekly.
- 2 Consecutive days off per week.
- Outgoing flight from the UK.
- Discount on food and beverage at The Georgian House & The Moorings.
- Staff accommodation.
- Accommodation discounts for family and friends.
- Holiday pay.
- Meals on duty.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Your birthday off.
When applying, please include the following in your cover letter (please note we will not consider applications without a cover letter)
- Where are you currently based?
- Do you have the right to live and work in the UK?
- What appeals to you about working on Alderney?
- What dates are you available to work from and until?
- Why do you think you’re the right person for this role?
Other positions are also available both at The Moorings and at our sister businesses on Alderney - please send an email for more information.