Live onboard a yacht for the summer and enjoy sailing from port to port with friends and guests. You will have a passion for sailing and have the ability to live and work in a small team. You will be responsible for a small fleet of yachts, ensuring all standards are maintained to the highest level. Your main day-to-day tasks will include a combination of maintenance checks and hosting tasks.
BeyondBeach are looking for an individual who wants to live onboard a yacht for the summer and enjoy sailing from port to port with friends and guests. You will have a passion for sailing and have the ability to live and work in a small team. You will be self-motivated and able to work without supervision. You will be required to be creative, supportive, hardworking, and confident in your own work methods. Working under the Flotilla Skipper in this hands-on role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of a fleet of yachts, ensuring all standards are maintained to the highest level. Your main day-to-day tasks will include a combination of maintenance checks and hosting tasks. Such as H&S audits, rigging checks, engine checks, maintenance lists, guest briefings, passage planning, obtaining weather forecasts, petty cash accounting, cleaning duties, safety assistance, sailing support, and evening social activities. Each flotilla can host up to 50 guests across a maximum of 6 boats.
With the support and guidance of your Skipper, you will be responsible for ensuring all sailing activities are delivered in accordance with BeyondBeach guidelines. During your first week of work, you will have the opportunity to shadow more experienced staff until you are confident working on your own. Excellent customer service skills and a friendly approachable style are essential in ensuring we provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all our guests.
You’ll need to be confident with diesel engines, 12-volt electrics, and basic plumbing, for example, someone with an agricultural or car mechanic background will find the transition to yachting fairly swift after some core training from our team. You do need to have an interest in sailing and ideally be a confident helm.
You will need to be someone who takes pride in their work and understands the basic brief that all of our boats are yours to look after and keep in optimum condition throughout the summer. Our boats are your boats, take pride in that and enjoy working hard to make them the best they have ever been.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Work closely with the Skipper to plan routes and establish daily routines.
- Diagnose and repair the large majority of typical engine failures.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical faults onboard.
- Complete daily boat checks.
- Complete weekly boat checks.
- Pre-empt parts orders and change fittings and fixtures as needed.
- Understand that all repairs – large or small, including simple cleaning tasks are part of the engineer’s job role with regard to keeping all boats in optimum condition.
- Understand the Operating Procedures and ensure they are adhered to at all times.
- Along with the Skipper, you will give daily briefings regarding the route and daily itinerary.
- Assist guests with departing and berthing in ports and lunch time anchorages (if required).
- Organise, oversee and assist with changover days: yacht cleaning, laundry, welcome packs and preparation for arrival of clients.
- Help with any ongoing maintenance of all flotilla yachts whilst away from base, including: marine systems, engines, electrics, plumbing, sails and rigging.
- Working closely with local suppliers for the provision of services.
- Be available 24/7 for emergency support and assistance for guests and boats.
- Engineering experience – mechanical, electrical or both.
- NVQ Level 3 motor vehicle or equivalent relevant qualification
- Confident with diesel engines, 12-volt electrics and basic plumbing
- RYA Day Skipper (desirable)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (desirable)
- RYA Powerboat ICC (desirable)
- VHF License (desirable)
- Yacht maintenance experience (desirable)
- Experience living and working on yachts (desirable)
Key Package Info
- Visa funding
- Flights provided
- Accommodation on leadboat
- Competitive salary
If this sounds like the job for you then please get in touch today, head to our website to read the full job description and package details.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Don't delay apply today....
- Step 1: Click APPLY FOR THIS JOB to complete name and contact details.
- Step 2: Click APPLY NOW to complete the full job application form.