IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Please read before proceeding with your application.
- Please avoid submitting multiple applications - Only apply for the job you are most suited for. You will have the option to note interest in alternative roles during the application process.
- To work for Neilson, you MUST be over the age of 18 on or before the date you are available to start work.
- We are a UK-based company operating within the EU - To obtain the required legal documents to work for Neilson, you MUST hold a valid UK or EU passport. Alternatively, you must already have the legal right to work in either Greece, Italy, or Croatia.
Our Neilson Senior Watersports instructors MUST be qualified as a Dinghy and/or Windsurf Instructor with one or more of the following qualifications to succeed:
- Senior Dinghy/Windsurf instructor.
- Intermediate Planing Windsurf instructor.
- Advanced Windsurf Instructor.
- Foiling Dinghy/Windsurf/Wing Instructor.
Please see the Watersports Instructor and Enhanced Watersports Instructor job description if you do not currently meet these requirements.
You'll work closely with your Beach Team to deliver safe, fun, and engaging Dinghy Sailing and/or Windsurfing sessions for guests of all ages. We expect our team to go above and beyond to create an unforgettable holiday experience for our guests.
Ideally, we're looking for full-season instructors (April - early November). We will consider candidates with shorter availability dates, but operationally, those with a combination of the best dates and qualifications will always take preference.
Working for Neilson is more than a job; it's a lifestyle. Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful beach club resorts, where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play.
We're looking for friendly, energetic, and approachable people who can build rapport with ease. Individuals who can instil confidence that every element of a Neilson holiday is delivered by a team who cares.
Please note: All Neilson Active staff are DBS-checked.
Job Criteria & Responsibilities
- To deliver outstanding watersports instruction in line with the RYA syllabus and the Neilson programme.
- Assist in preparing, organising, delivering, and running activities on and off the water.
- Prepare suitable experience and ability-based sessions.
- To ensure the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to.
- To fully advise guests on the practical/safe use of all beach equipment.
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair, and security of all Neilson equipment.
- Ensure that the appearance of the beach, the racks and the simulators always meet guest expectations.
- To organise/host social events and briefings.
- Be prepared to move between resorts according to the operational needs of the business.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in all duties as requested by your line manager.
- Airport transfers - As the first point of guest contact, you'll be confident and consistently deliver excellent, personable, informative, and efficient airport transfers to and from the resort.
First Aid Certificate
A valid First Aid certificate is a prerequisite for ALL Neilson Active job roles. The First Aid certificate acquired with your Watersports Instructor qualification is valid for three years, so please ensure that your First Aid is up to date.
If your First Aid has expired, you must identify a course that covers the RYA First Aid requirements via the RYA website linked below:
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Royal Yachting Association (RYA) - Windsurfing or Dinghy Instructor qualification - (Including a Power Boat Level 2 certificate).
- You'll need one of the following qualifications - Senior Dinghy/Windsurf instructor - Intermediate Planing Windsurf instructor - Advanced windsurf instructor, or Foiling dinghy/windsurf/wing instructor.
- A solid understanding and knowledge covering the use of watersports equipment and the associated safety procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Flexible to work all the required hours with your team to get the job done well.
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative tuition.
- To be skilled in safety procedures and on-water rescue practice.
- Knowledge of the current Sailing/Windsurfing industry is desirable.
- Ability to assist your guests with rigging and de-rigging dinghy and windsurf kit.
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation and instruct in English.
- The ability to work well, independently, as part of a team, and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Please see the qualifications overview linked here: https://jobs.neilson.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Qualification-Guidance.pdf
If you would like to gain the required qualifications for this job, please contact UKSA via the link below:
Working for Neilson
There is so much to be gained from working anywhere within our programme. The people skills, the life skills, the confidence you'll develop, and the overall experience will stay with you forever. You’ll have the time of your life, you’ll make a bunch of new mates, you’ll enjoy mad adventures, and you’ll create stories you’ll be telling for years.
The package includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- Shared accommodation is provided – No bills to stress about.
- Meals included - Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on duty.
- Inclusive travel to and from resort.
- Any visa/permit requirements will be sorted for you (UK Passport holders).
- Full training, including E-learning packages.
- Progression via our jump up/Jump higher programmes.
- Your uniform is provided specific to your role.
- Days off & holidays.
- Mate's rates & family holiday discounts.
- Emergency medical & dental insurance (UK residents)*.
- Neilson Academy – Opportunities to obtain additional qualifications.
- Feel free to use the resort equipment in your spare time if it's available.
*EU residents are required to make separate insurance arrangements - The HR team will provide more details after a job is offered.
Neilson Active Holidays
Senior Watersport Instructor
Watersports centre jobs
Dinghy, Windsurfing instructor jobs, Working with children
April – November
Up to £670 PCM + Shared accommodation + flights, meals + great overall package