IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Please read before proceeding with your application.
- Please avoid submitting multiple applications - Only apply for the job you are most suited for. You will have the option to note interest in alternative roles during the application process.
- To work for Neilson, you MUST be over the age of 18 on or before the date you are available to start work.
- We are a UK-based company operating within the EU - To obtain the required legal documents to work for Neilson, you MUST hold a valid UK or EU passport. Alternatively, you must already have the legal right to work in either Greece, Italy, or Croatia.
A leader, a grafter, and a holiday fun maker! This sums up our Children’s Club Team. In conjunction with your Children’s Club Manager, you will lead your team from the front, and you'll never be afraid to get stuck in.
Together, you'll be the driving force behind the team. You'll support every team member to ensure everyone reaches their full potential.
The kids' club team is loud and proud and is one of the biggest teams in our resorts. These teams combine a whole host of different personalities.
It's all Go-Go-Go! The kids are full of energy, and so is our kid's club programme. You'll be able to think on your feet and take on whatever gets thrown your way. Usually, this is paint, chocolate, glitter, or all of it simultaneously!
Cool, Calm and Collected! Our Children's clubs make Neilson holidays extra special. Being organised is critical to ensuring our clubs remain at the top of their game.
We are looking for people who love working with kids of all ages. Working on the Kid's Club Team is a full-on role. You'll need bags of energy, but if you've got what it takes, you'll enjoy an incredible summer in the sunshine, ensuring our younger guests have the best holiday ever.
Ideally, we're looking for full-season staff from April to early November. We will consider candidates with shorter availability dates, but operationally, those with a combination of the best dates and qualifications will always take preference.
Our Kids Club team organise and supervises a varied timetable of stimulating, safe, fun activities to keep our kids entertained in all weather.
The Neilson Children’s Club operates the following different clubs:
- Starfish crèche (4-23 months)
- Sea Turtles (2 years old)
- Sea Urchins (3 years old)
- Sea Badgers (4 and 5 years olds)
- Surfbusters (6 and 7 years olds)
- Sharksters (8 and 9 years olds)
- Stingrays (10 and 11 years olds)
- Surf Squad (12 and 13 years olds)
- Wave Riders (14 and 15 years olds)
- TAG (16 and 17 years olds)
Working for Neilson is more than a job; it's a lifestyle, and you'll be a Superhero to the children (and their parents) with enthusiasm, professionalism, and friendly charm.
Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful beach club resorts, where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play.
We're looking for friendly, energetic, and approachable people who can build rapport with ease. Individuals who can instil confidence that every element of a Neilson holiday is delivered by a team who cares.
Please note: All Neilson Active staff are DBS-checked.
Job Criteria & Responsibilities
- Support and motivate the team to ensure the highest levels of service.
- Coordinate training requirements and assume responsibility for developing the children's club team.
- Create and deliver a brilliant daytime/evening activity programme for children aged from 4 months to 17 years old.
- Ensure all activities are fun, engaging, and age-appropriate for each of the individual children's clubs.
- To make the best use of the environment and equipment available.
- Keep the crèche, clubrooms, equipment, and toys clean, well-maintained, and sterilised where applicable.
- Create a child-friendly environment, ensuring the highest health and safety standard is adhered to.
- To fully advise children on the practical/safe use of all equipment.
- Speak with parents/carers daily, and always encourage an open line of communication covering each child's individual requirements/routines.
- Organise appropriate snacks and meals for the children.
- Take personal responsibility for the security of Neilson equipment and the appearance of our Neilson Kids clubs.
- Ensure supplies are always well monitored and stocked.
- Inform the line manager promptly when orders are required.
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair, and security of all Neilson equipment.
- Work closely with your team to set up and pack down the daily Children's Club programme.
- Assist the resort set up and close down at the start and end of the season.
- Ensure that the appearance of the Children's Club areas always meets guest expectations.
- To organise/host social events and briefings.
- Be prepared to move between resorts according to the business's operational needs.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in all duties as requested by your line manager.
- Airport transfers: As the first point of guest contact, you'll be confident and consistently deliver excellent, personable, informative, and efficient airport transfers to and from the resort.
First Aid Certificate
A First Aid certificate is a prerequisite for ALL Neilson Active job roles. Your certificate MUST be valid for the duration of your contract, which we will validate as part of your onboarding process. At a minimum, your First Aid Course MUST be an attended full-day practical course.
We also encourage anyone working closely with children to consider obtaining their Paediatric First Aid at Work certificate; however, this is not an obligation for the job.
You can search for First Aid at work courses via the link below:
Qualifications & Experience Required
- NVQ Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare, or BA Hons Early Childhood Education to be successful. - Highly beneficial.
- A passion for an active lifestyle and the desire to inspire the children to get stuck into our activity programme.
- Previous experience working with and inspiring children/teenagers in an active environment - Highly beneficial.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Confident public speaker.
- A big personality, loads of stamina, energy and a huge sense of fun.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Flexible to work all the required hours with your team to get the job done well.
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe sessions.
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English.
- The ability to work well, independently, as part of a team, and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Please see the qualifications overview linked here:
Working for Neilson
There is so much to be gained from working anywhere within our programme. The people skills, the life skills, the confidence you'll develop, and the overall experience will stay with you forever. You’ll have the time of your life, you’ll make a bunch of new mates, you’ll enjoy mad adventures, and you’ll create stories you’ll be telling for years.
The package includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- Shared accommodation is provided – No bills to stress about.
- Meals included - Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on duty.
- Inclusive travel to and from resort.
- Any visa/permit requirements will be sorted for you (UK Passport holders).
- Full training, including E-learning packages.
- Progression via our jump up/Jump higher programmes.
- Your uniform is provided specific to your role.
- Days off & holidays.
- Mate's rates & family holiday discounts.
- Emergency medical & dental insurance (UK residents)*.
- Neilson Academy – Opportunities to obtain additional qualifications.
- Feel free to use the resort equipment in your spare time if it's available.
*EU residents are required to make separate insurance arrangements - The HR team will provide more details after a job is offered.
Neilson Active Holidays
Children’s Club Supervisor
Childrens Club Jobs
Kids Activity Coordination, Kids Activity Head Office Jobs, Ski Nanny Jobs
April – November
Up to £780 PCM gross + Shared accommodation + flights, meals + great overall package