~ Please only apply to 1 of our job listings, we will consider you for all roles you're suitable for. ~
Alderney and The Moorings
Looking for somewhere new to explore? Keen to live a short walk from beautiful white sand beaches? Searching for a place where you can find the perfect life-work balance whilst saving money and working alongside a team of like minded people? Join our team on Alderney, in The Channel Islands. Alderney has something for everyone: stunning beaches, wildlife, history, plentiful restaurants, pubs, beach BBQs, sports, camping, fishing, a week long summer festival, and a cosy winter season.
We want our staff to embrace island life and the community – there is plenty to do and the more you put in, the more you get out!
The Moorings is a beach bar and restaurant with direct access to the stunning Braye beach. With views of crystal blue water and white sand from the large terrace, it’s no wonder The Moorings is an island favourite for hearty breakfasts, lazy lunches in the sun, fresh stone-baked pizzas, cocktails at sunset, and dancing the night away at one of our live music events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Supporting the Head Chef in ensuring the smooth running, success and profitability of The Moorings restaurant.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of our bistro – style menu and seasonal specials in line with our ethos.
- Ensuring food is delivered consistently and to the highest quality at all times.
- Maintaining excellent relations with our on-island suppliers, using local and seasonal produce where possible to showcase what our island has to offer.
- Acting as line manager to the kitchen team in the head chefs absence.
- Contributing creative ideas to drive sales and support the community with foodie events.
- Assisting with the creation of bespoke function menus and assisting with outside catering.
- Ensuring the highest standards of food hygiene, health and safety standards are maintained at all times.
Skills and experience needed
- Minimum Two years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in a fast paced, casual dining establishment.
- A good financial awareness and mindfulness of wastage in order to achieve target margins.
- A great team player who is confident managing a team, maintaining the good relations with our suppliers and understanding the needs and feedback of our customers.
- A strong understanding of health and hygiene requirements.
- Highly organised with a high level of attention to detail and computer proficiency.
- Previous work on events, weddings and outside functions is a bonus.
- They will have a great work ethic, positive attitude, energy and a passion for great food and shared ethos in working with and celebrating the finest of locally sourced produced.
- Competitive salary plus tips paid weekly.
- 2 Consecutive days off per week.
- Outgoing flight from the UK.
- Discount on food and beverage at The Georgian House.
- Staff accommodation.
- Accommodation discounts for family and friends.
- Holiday pay.
- Meals on duty.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Your birthday off.
When applying, please include the following in your cover letter (please note we will not consider applications without a cover letter)
- Where are you currently based?
- Do you have the right to live and work in the UK?
- What appeals to you about working on Alderney?
- What dates are you available to work from and until?
- Why do you think you’re the right person for this role?