YHA Ilam Hall Welcomes You to a Unique Place of Work!
Looking for work as an Activity Team Member?
YHA Ilam Hall are recruiting a Activity Team Member.
This 17th Century gothic manor sits in 84 acres of National Trust parkland, with the beauty of Dovedale just on its doorstep. The beautiful youth hostel is full of character and nestled near the quaint village of Ilam.
We deliver a range of on site activities and residential packages to school groups from February - November. Including Guided Walks, Orienteering, Team Challenges to name a few.
Our hostel offers an entirely distinctive workplace, far from the ordinary office setting. At YHA Ilam Hall we believe in valuing our team members and ensuring they have access to great perks:
- Competitive hourly rate: We offer a pay of £10.42 per hour, Rising to £11.44 in March 2024 (to be reviewed with any National Living Wage Increase).
- 0 hour contract with required activity delivery dates provided before interview.
- Opportunity to work at other Activity delivery sites in the Peak District.
- Full induction to activities and a week training provided between 25th Feb -1st March as part of initial induction.
- Exclusive benefits: Enjoy access to YHA's staff discount and cashback portal, allowing you to save on your everyday purchases.
- Free YHA Membership: Receive a complimentary YHA Membership each year.
- Travel and adventure: Discover new places with 10 free hostel stays per year for you and up to 3 friends or family members.
There's a multitude of advantages to being part of the YHA team. To explore more about the benefits we offer, visit our YHA Jobs website today. Join us for a unique work experience and discover the YHA difference for yourself.
Join our team as an Activity Team Member – Creating life-changing experiences for guests!
As an Activity Team Member, your contributions are key to changing the lives of our guests. You’ll find yourself in a role that is central to creating memorable experiences for all, regardless of your background or experience.
Whilst the role concentrates predominantly on the activity aspects of our hostel you may be asked to assist in other hostel departments. Our activity team members cover a wide range of customer-facing duties throughout the hostel, delivering an excellent service to all guests and visitors so they have a great experience at YHA.
- Safety - Ensuring safety and adherence to YHA standards and regulations, all while delivering engaging and enjoyable experiences.
- Tailoring activities to meet the unique needs of our guests, actively seeking feedback to enhance service and retention.
- Collaborating with group leaders to facilitate their roles and provide outstanding activity experiences.
- Maintaining and ensuring the functionality of equipment, promptly reporting any issues to the hostel's management team.
We acknowledge that this role may involve physical demands, including standing for extended periods and maintaining guest accommodations to the highest standards. This role requires weekend and bank holiday working, early starts and evening working – all on a rota basis.
What We Value
At YHA, we understand that diverse experiences enrich our community. We value lived experiences just as much as previous skills and knowledge. We offer a comprehensive induction, ongoing training, and opportunities for personal growth. While certain roles may require specific skills, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. A passion for outdoor activities and energy for the outdoors is welcomed.
Experience in working with young people, whether through volunteering or paid roles, is highly desirable.
Our roles are diverse, and we believe that diverse backgrounds make us stronger. Good communication skills and basic IT proficiency are beneficial. Punctuality is essential in our dynamic environment.
Ready to Join Us?
If this opportunity resonates with you, we invite you to submit your CV and complete our brief application form. . Feel free to attach a cover letter to further express your unique qualifications and experiences. If you require any assistance, our YHA Jobs website's contact page is available to support you or you can email us directly at [email protected]
For more insights into the YHA charity, our unique culture, and rich heritage, please explore our jobs website. Our primary strategic priority is to make YHA accessible for all, an essential part of our charitable mission. We actively seek to build a diverse team and extend a warm welcome to applicants from all backgrounds. To find out more about this you can visit the EDI section of our website:
Learn More About Us
To gain a deeper understanding of what it's like to be a part of YHA, visit the 'Working for YHA' pages on our YHA Jobs website.
Join YHA, and let's embark on this incredible journey together. Your unique perspective and experiences are valuable assets to our inclusive community.
PLEASE NOTE All relevant checks are in place to ensure safeguarding and legal requirements of safer recruitment are adhered to.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
YHA England and Wales
Team Member-YHA Ilam Hall
Summer resort jobs
Sports Instructor Positions, Summer Entertainment Jobs, Summer Resort Childcare Jobs
19th Feb 2024 - 17th Nov 2024
£10.42 - £11.44 Per Hour