BeyondBeach are looking for watersports instructors with a range of teaching qualifications.
You will have a passion for watersports and have the ability to live and work in a small team. Your typical daily routine will include such tasks as: carrying equipment, rigging, cleaning, providing safety cover, teaching, maintenance, session planning, socialising with guests and running childrens sessions. Instructors will teach a variety of sessions from 1.5hour beginner sessions, to 2 day RYA courses. You will teach a range of ages and abilities. You will also be involved in running childrens sessions and supporting non-watersports sessions such as fitness classes and bike guiding.
Working with the support and guidance of your line manager, the Beach Supervisor, you will help to ensure that all watersports activities are delivered in accordance with both BeyondBeach and RYA guidelines. During your first week of work, you will shadow more experienced staff until you are confident working on your own.
Excellent customer service skills and a friendly approachable style are essential in ensuring we provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all our guests. A positive attitude and an enthusiasm for working to high standards will ensure you have a great time working with us.
Some evening work is also required as part of our guest social program. This is typically no more than 2 evenings a week. Work is carried out 6 days a week. We pride ourselves on offering our staff a different experience. We do all we can to ensure that your time with us is rewarding and enjoyable. We aim for all of our staff to finish their time with us having gained new qualifications and/or experiences to help further their career. We value all of our hard working staff and love seeing teams building new friendships and enjoying their work year after year. If you want to learn new skills, challenge yourself, progress your watersports career, make lifelong friends and enjoy your job, this is the role for you.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Attend daily staff meetings, with session plans ready
- Teach a variety of sessions to a range of age groups and ability levels
- Provide professional safety cover from a power boat or safety tower
- Unlocking and securing the centre and equipment
- Weekly maintenance checks and ongoing maintenance tasks
- Actively promoting sessions and generating bookings
- Rigging equipment
- Carrying and moving heavy equipment
- Cleaning equipment
- General site DIY tasks
- Dealing with first aid needs
- Socialising with guests
- Organising daytime and evening social events, such as BBQ’s and volleyball
- ISA / RYA Windsurf or Dinghy or Wing Instructor (preferably dual qualified)
- ISA / RYA Multihull Endorsement (desirable)
- First Aid Certificate
- Experience operating a powerboat for the purpose of watersports safety
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clean DBS check
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Enthusiastic work ethic and positive outlook
- Over 18 years of age
Key Package Info
- Visa funding
- Flights provided
- Accommodation provided
- Variable meal allowances depending on job role
- Competitive salary
- Free use of hotel pools and watersports equipment
If this sounds like the job for you then please get in touch today, head to our website to read the full job description and package details.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Don't delay apply today....
- Step 1: Click APPLY FOR THIS JOB to complete name and contact details.
- Step 2: Click APPLY NOW to complete the full job application form.
Watersports centre jobs
Dinghy, Multi sports, Windsurfing instructor jobs
May to September