Join the Whistler Blackcomb Operations team and spend the season working for the Coca-Cola Tube Park assisting guests, maintaining safety and ensuring guests leave with a smile on their face.
It's a case of ‘work hard, play hard’ but, with a season pass included with the job, there’s no excuse for not making the most of this awesome place!
Oyster have been working closely with Whistler Blackcomb since 2004. During your stay you will have the full support of our representative in Whistler and your Destination Manager in the UK.
One of the real highlights of this job is that your working day will probably not start until 11am most days, meaning that you will have time for a ski/ride before work!
Your role will involve setting up the park each day and then helping to ensure everything runs smoothly. Positions generally rotate and you can experience operating the lift, starting guests on their tubes at the top of the park, booking guests in and selling tickets.
This job is demanding. You will be outside in all weathers throughout the season and will need to be physically fit to cope with the demands of lifting the equipment all day.
Standards are high in all jobs in Canada and this job is no exception. You’ve got to be a great team player, with a keen eye on safety and be able to work with a smile on your face in a challenging environment.
This is a full time role and you can expect to work 30-40 hours per week (with seasonal variations).
Expect to earn a good minimum wage of $20 per hour (approx £13 per hour). Most participants find the wage enough to be able to live comfortably, have a great social life and even save money for when they have finished the programme.
Previous experience is not needed, this programme is ideal for beginners and experts alike. With plenty of free time you will find that you will improve quickly and never get bored with plenty on offer to challenge even the most experienced amongst you.
What do I get for my money?
To participate in the programme there is a charge of £1895, this includes:
• Pre-arranged job as a Tube Park Attendant.
• Season ski pass (worth over £800).
• Guaranteed accommodation, next door to the Tube Park, ready for your arrival.
• Interview and briefing (either face-to-face or over the phone).
• Pre Departure Briefing two months before you head to Canada (this takes place by video breifing).
• Assistance with organising the Work Permit (extra fee of $350 payable to Canadian Immigration).
• Support from our experienced Whistler-based representative throughout your stay.
• Transfer from Vancouver.
• First night in Vancouver hostel.
• Help organising Social Insurance Number and Canadian Bank Account.
• Orientation course in Whistler.
• Monthly meals and activities with the Rep.
• Discounts in the village
The programme requires you to have a Canadian Working Holiday Permit (the IEC). We can give advice on how to apply for this. Permits are released at the beginning of each year.
Work in the Whistler Blackcomb Tube Park
Ski resort jobs
Guiding / instructor roles, Ski Childcare Jobs, Ski Resort Maintenance Jobs
Earn C$20+ per hour (approx £13+). Cost to join programme: £1895