As an Alpine Elements Kitchen Porter / Night Porter you will be an integral part of the overseas Hotel Team, ensuring our customers’ expectations are exceeded at every opportunity. Reporting to the Head chef and Assistant / Hotel Manager/s our KPNP’s are responsible for the hygiene and safety standards within our Hotels Kitchens and the high standards of customer service during the Night Porter shifts. You may also assist in the production of excellent quality food, presented at the highest standard for between 35 to 170 customers. You will also be required to maintain hygiene standards, complete and conform to HACCP and COSHH procedures. Night Porter shifts are on a set rota basis ensuring you will have plenty of time to ski or board throughout the season.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To ensure all Cold Store / Buffet items are available and replenished at all times throughout each service
- To ensure that the appropriate clean uniform is worn at all times.
- Assist in providing all Customer and Staff meals (breakfast and dinner) in accordance with the Company Set Menu
- Assistance with the service of the daily set menu
- Adopt a proactive approach to monitoring stock levels and assist in compiling orders
- To receive deliveries of food ensuring it is checked, stored away correctly and rotated effectively in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Ensure high levels of Hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with UK and local laws
- Complete daily kitchen-cleaning tasks and schedules and as required to assist with washing up duties
- Record, Maintain and monitor daily HACCP records
- Assist in all areas of the kitchen were required to ensure the efficient running of the kitchen at all times
- Patrol the hotel building every hour during the night to ensure it is free from fire hazard or others dangers and that all exits are free from obstruction.
- Be aware of the fire evacuation procedure and the fire alarm system within the hotel
- Clean the public areas of the hotel during the night; lay up the restaurant for breakfast and any other tasks as instructed by the Hotel Manager.
- Ensure all areas around the hotel are kept clear of snow.
- Strong social/People skills/Cheerful/Outgoing
- Highly Motivated
- Passionate / Enthusiastic
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Willingness to work hard / long hours
- Adaptable / Flexible Attitude
- Honest and Trustworthy
Skills & Ability
- Customer Service (E)
- Communication Skills (E)
- Problem Solving and Complaint Handling (E)
- Planning Organisational Skills (HD)
- Literate and Numerate (E)
- Spoken English to conversational level
- Food Hygiene Certification
Relevant Transferable work Experience