An opportunity like no other; to live, work and play in the mountains this winter! We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic and passionate staff to join the team.
As Head of Childcare you’ll have proven management skills and experience leading and supporting a large team. You’ll have an excellent understanding of the dynamics of childcare and guarantee the effective management and organisation of the department whilst ensuring in every children’s club your team deliver the highest level of care in a safe, happy, stimulating environment.
- Ensure your team deliver an unforgettable holiday experience to parents and children
- Ensure standards, ratios and conditions of registration are maintained at all times
- Maintain up-to-date records for all children
- Implement health and safety policies, ensure fully operational on a daily basis
- Audit, evaluate and manage risk ensuring any remedial action is taken immediately
- Establish high standards of organisation and co-ordination within your department
- Action and monitor any parents’ child-related issues
- Actively promote the childcare department to all guests, ensuring parents and guardians are well informed about the department, its services and facilities
- Manage staff reviews, appraisals and any disciplinary or grievances matters
- Support and supervise all staff with their day-to-day duties
- Ensure all childcare staff are trained, motivated, appraised and developed in a positive and effective manner
- Monitor and control department costs
- Develop a good relationship with the Hotel Manager and Assistant Manager and provide support to all departments as a member of the Heads of Department Team
- CACHE, NNEB, City & Guilds, BTEC National Diplomas or equivalent childcare qualification to level 3
- Current First Aid Certificate
- At least 2 years’ experience in a childcare environment
- Experience in Nursery Management or other management experience
- Experience with a wide variety of ages
- Enhanced disclosure required through the ‘Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) desired
- UK/EU Passport holder
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK Bank Account
You will be provided with a competitive salary and benefits package including all meals, discounted drinks, use of hotel facilities, friends and family holiday concessions and opportunities for progression and development. As the season offers ample opportunity for time on the slopes Mark Warner will also assist you with organising everything that’s needed for a successful season in the mountains.
Providing both winter and summer holiday packages puts us in a unique position to offer plenty of opportunities for career progression. Whether you are looking for a short-term challenge or long-term career development, Mark Warner supports whatever path you choose.